Unpopular Opinions

Unpopular Opinions:

Tom Brady is a good QB, but he's not 'elite'. Brady's success is largely a biproduct of Belichick's system. Brady's not bad, but he had a whole lot less to do with those Super Bowl wins than Mr. Hoodie.

As mentioned in another thread, I don't think Ben Roethlisberger is an 'elite' quarterback. I don't even think he's 'great'. I think he's an above-average QB on a team that had a great defense and had a couple of hot streaks. Same goes for Eli Manning.

Robert Griffin is the most overrated player in the NFL. He's basically a less-talented, but more marketable Mike Vick.

There are exactly three ELITE quarterbacks in the NFL:

Peyton Manning

Drew Brees

Aaron Rodgers

Andrew Luck should win Rookie of the Year.

JJ Watt or Adrian Peterson should win MVP.

Peyton Manning is the greatest QB of all time.

Jim Harbaugh will be a Hall of Fame coach.

Uniforms, man. Uniforms

That was the perfect color scheme for Edmonton.

Why.

Those colors are much more industrial than the throwback colors, which is perfect for a team called the Oilers.

The Houston/Tennessee Oilers got away with a supposedly industrial name while wearing powder blue and bright red. I'm not even sure if working on an oil rig is what comes to mind when I think "industrial." I think "auto factory" or "steel mill" before I think "oil rigs."

You guys are overanalyzing it. The Houston/Tennessee Oilers' colors and the Edmonton Oilers' navy and copper colors are good because they're just that, a good color scheme, nothing more, nothing less. Has nothing to do with industrialization or whatever, just good color schemes.

I might get ripped apart for this, but this is the worst the Seahawks have ever looked in their history...

seattle-seahawks-circa-1976-2001.jpg110707harper980.jpg

This one is just too hard for me to fully ignore. Not because you're not entitled to your own opinion, but because those are the only uniforms I use for the Seahawks when I play Madden. Those things are beauts. I wish the Seahawks still used the silver britches exclusively, even now. Their home look would shoot up a number of levels.

spacer.png

I might get ripped apart for this, but this is the worst the Seahawks have ever looked in their history...

Ouch. That one cut deep. Lol I loved those and I miss them so much.

It's not even that they look bad, because they are a very good look. It's just that the Seahawk Blue set and the current new one are better in my opinion. The new look looks better every week

This one is just too hard for me to fully ignore. Not because you're not entitled to your own opinion, but because those are the only uniforms I use for the Seahawks when I play Madden. Those things are beauts. I wish the Seahawks still used the silver britches exclusively, even now. Their home look would shoot up a number of levels.

Yes, from projectile vomit-inducing all the way up to mildly nauseating.

I guess my major unpopular opinion is I hate the colors of the Dallas Cowboys, NY Giants, and Chicago Bears. Their colors are just so bland and boring and their logos combined with them just make the overall appearance so basic. Also unless it's used as a third color I don't think Navy has any place in a teams primary colors. Not even the likes of Notre Dame or Navy itself looks good in Navy. All I'm saying is what's wrong with Dodger Blue.

• Like 1

I don't like the 1990s Phoenix Suns look. I prefer the simple 1980s look and i even prefer the current look (actually, another unpopular opinion is that I like the current look).

• Like 3

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Alright, I'll come out and say it, the current Seahawks home unis are FANTASTIC. The neon works very well with the navy and the striping is gorgeous and unique.

• Like 1

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I guess my major unpopular opinion is I hate the colors of the Dallas Cowboys, NY Giants, and Chicago Bears. Their colors are just so bland and boring and their logos combined with them just make the overall appearance so basic. Also unless it's used as a third color I don't think Navy has any place in a teams primary colors. Not even the likes of Notre Dame or Navy itself looks good in Navy. All I'm saying is what's wrong with Dodger Blue.

The Giants don't even wear navy though, it's a much lighter shade then the Bears and Cowboys.

I think the Giants home and Broncos jerseys are some of the best looks in the league because of their clean, no sleeve striping look.

esq-eli-manning-2012-xlg.jpg

hi-res-150461149_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Teams like the 49ers and Steelers have sleeve stripes that are usually inconsistent on different players and its annoying.

uspw_6767332_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

ALEXNOSE.jpg

I hope Nike's team colored shoes become the norm in the NFL. Shoes are part of the uniform too, they might as well match everything else. Some teams pull of the team color shoes look pretty damn well. Black and white shoes stick out way too much against certain uniforms.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I hope Nike's team colored shoes become the norm in the NFL. Shoes are part of the uniform too, they might as well match everything else. Some teams pull of the team color shoes look pretty damn well. Black and white shoes stick out way too against certain uniforms.

Kind of a homer pick, but the Seahawks are a prime example of a team that pulls it off well.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I hope Nike's team colored shoes become the norm in the NFL. Shoes are part of the uniform too, they might as well match everything else. Some teams pull of the team color shoes look pretty damn well. Black and white shoes stick out way too against certain uniforms.

I'm ok with most team-colored shoes, but the Redskins' yellow shoes drive me crazy. When they played the Giants I kept mistaking them for penalty flags.