Unpopular Opinions

Stirrups are ugly as hell and should never see full time action on a major league ballpark ever again.

Someone had to say it.

Agreed. Don't say this on UW though... they'll hang you Lol. Drives me crazy PL wants baseball uniforms back to being wool. Heat stroke anyone???

• Like 1

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I'm not sure if this is unpopular but I do not understand why college teams do not wear full length socks. I think short socks look amateurish and long socks are a lot more comfortable

Short socks do look not as good as the long ones, but the short socks are much more comfortable, for me at least, when I play.

spacer.png

I like the Nets identity. Some have said that one of the huge issues is the linework of the basketball on the main logo, and I concur, but that's my only real problem with it. I figured that they were going to have a hip-hop identity, and they pretty well nailed it.

rATMcmK.png

I like orange as an accent color for the San Jose Sharks. It adds some flavor to the look and makes the original set look bland.

This seems pretty unpopular around here…

k3ERn.png

rXKj6.png

OehIL.png

...but these are some of the ugliest logos/wordmarks to ever be used by a professional sports team. Say what you want about the new stuff, but at least it isn't mind-blowingly ugly. Hell, the old uniforms (and the current BOLTS one) stink too.

I agree with both of these. The Sharks started out with a really nice set in their first few seasons, but that went to hell pretty quickly with changes. And adding that unique yellow/orange brought some life back (what can I say... I like color), at least with the teal jersey version. Last I saw they screwed it up again by switching to black as a primary.

And the Lightning uniforms have always blown. Those logos above are terrible. And I absolutely HATE royal blue and black together... tried over and over, never suscessfully IMO.

Agreed. I can tolerate black and blue in the same logo if executed correctly, but on uniforms they don't have enough contrast.

0.jpg

When these were being used in 91, I didn't hate them. Teenage me was pretty dumb.

True story, around 1994 the Storm brought out these uniforms for the second half of a game in which they trailed at home. The crowd went nuts, the helmet was silver from the silver and black uniforms the Storm was wearing at the time. I don't recall another football team changing uniforms at halftime at any level of play.

0.jpg

When these were being used in 91, I didn't hate them. Teenage me was pretty dumb.

True story, around 1994 the Storm brought out these uniforms for the second half of a game in which they trailed at home. The crowd went nuts, the helmet was silver from the silver and black uniforms the Storm was wearing at the time. I don't recall another football team changing uniforms at halftime at any level of play.

I thought Oregon did one year? I could be mistaken.

I am just now realizing how unpopular this opinion is. The Milwaukee Brewers "Beerbarrel Man" is terrible. It's from the 70s and it looks it. And the hat is the worst part of the fan-designed spring training uniform winner.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I am just now realizing how unpopular this opinion is. The Milwaukee Brewers "Beerbarrel Man" is terrible. It's from the 70s and it looks it. And the hat is the worst part of the fan-designed spring training uniform winner.

I don't feel quite as strongly, but I'm not generally a big fan of it, either. At least it's not as bad as the BiG.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It's a lot older than that.

1943ticket.jpg

0.jpg

Not football, but one that comes to mind is the Lakers a few years ago had a TBTC night to the Magic-era unis and wore short shorts with them. But they changed into modern long shorts after halftime.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Very unpopular opinion based on some of the hockey threads: I don't get the love for the Florida Panthers & Wild original sets. They're better than what they're wearing now, but I just thought FLA had too many stripes and colors going on. As for the Wild, I especially don't get the love for the logo. Creative? Yes. Very busy? Annoyingly Yes!

• Like 1

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

One of the ugliest uniforms of all time:

4049552558_ae46cfe2c2.jpg

While I don't feel quite as strongly, I agree that it's a very overrated jersey. I've never understood all the love for it, especially when it gets called the best look in team history.

As an aside, I just realized now how bad it looks paired with the half-red gloves.

• Like 1

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

One of the ugliest uniforms of all time:

4049552558_ae46cfe2c2.jpg

Well, of course you think that.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)