Unpopular Opinions

8856_jacksonville_jaguars-alternate-2013.png is better thaneakbhfhxnv31fffgnct3ltlrd.gif

I wholeheartedly agree as well. This is a massive upgrade over the previous logo because it has dimension and simply put, it just looks like a Jaguar compared to the old logo.

no the new logo really does not represent a Jaguar well.

Jaguar+head.jpg

I think these aren't as great as people usually say they are (at least online) and think their current uniforms are even better.

I find the oversized flying elvis on the shoulder a bit tacky.

martincurtisfinnnnnn.jpg

You could fill volumes with how wrong you are...

And so could you...

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I think these aren't as great as people usually say they are (at least online) and think their current uniforms are even better.

martincurtisfinnnnnn.jpg

You must have forgotten what an opinion is...

martincurtisfinnnnnn.jpg

It's a terribly lame jersey in my opinion.

• Like 1

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The mandatory white socks ruin alot of looks in the nfl

Pretty much every striped sock in the NFL is ruined by the mandatory white bottom half (Bears, Cheifs, Bills, Redskins, etc.) By the way, what is the reasoning behind the NFL sock rule? Why are teams required to have the white bottom portion? And I want an answer better than "it's always been that way". Honestly, I think solid color socks look way better than the white bottom socks.

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

martincurtisfinnnnnn.jpg

It's a terribly lame jersey in my opinion.

Agreed. This, along with the Cowboys' 90's huge-ass star jerseys, has a weird but loyal following. I've never gotten the love for those looks, but tastes do vary, I guess. Too me, if you love this jersey (and that Dallas double star thing) you should also love the Iowa jersey with the bananas on the shoulders and Wisconsin's "motion W" / NY Jets mash up. They're all cut from the same design cloth.

• Like 1

Pretty much every striped sock in the NFL is ruined by the mandatory white bottom half (Bears, Cheifs, Bills, Redskins, etc.) By the way, what is the reasoning behind the NFL sock rule? Why are teams required to have the white bottom portion? And I want an answer better than "it's always been that way". Honestly, I think solid color socks look way better than the white bottom socks.

The white at the bottom just looks more professional to me. Possibly because NFL teams are pretty much the only ones to wear it, but switching to solid color socks would look amateurish now.

• Like 1
Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The white at the bottom just looks more professional to me. Possibly because NFL teams are pretty much the only ones to wear it, but switching to solid color socks would look amateurish now.

It looks bad on all teams especially the ravens and seahawks. Teams that are either very modern or have black pants.

i'm absolutely thrilled that the pelicans are going to be the death of the "fleur-de-bee." first of all, it's a hideous logo. secondly, it's incredibly forced. thirdly, a BEE is not a hornet. different animal. so i'm glad that nickname is going to be less prevalent too.

bonus points for this also potentially ending the whole "give the jazz back to new orleans, and makes the hornets play in utah. it's the BEEHIVE STATE!"

same idiocy.

Honest to god, am I the only one who doesn't love the Montreal Canadiens home jersey? Don't get me wrong, red and blue can look great together. The Rangers do it well and Washington have a nice thing going too...

But there's something about the Montreal unis that just bug me. For one, I'm also not a huge fan of their logo. It's a very good logo, but I don't love the squashed look too it, compounded with the horizontal stripe around the torso just worsens it even more. The red and blue together are too garish for me - there's not enough buffer between the two and we all know how you need a buffer between those two colours. I would love to see the Canadiens logo without the blue stripe behind it. Make the logo a bit bigger of the front and get rid of the stripe, it doesn't help anything IMO.

I don't hate it by any means, but I certainly wouldn't put it top 5 without thinking like most NHL fans seem to do.

• Like 1

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Honest to god, am I the only one who doesn't love the Montreal Canadiens home jersey? Don't get me wrong, red and blue can look great together. The Rangers do it well and Washington have a nice thing going too...

But there's something about the Montreal unis that just bug me. For one, I'm also not a huge fan of their logo. It's a very good logo, but I don't love the squashed look too it, compounded with the horizontal stripe around the torso just worsens it even more. The red and blue together are too garish for me - there's not enough buffer between the two and we all know how you need a buffer between those two colours. I would love to see the Canadiens logo without the blue stripe behind it. Make the logo a bit bigger of the front and get rid of the stripe, it doesn't help anything IMO.

I don't hate it by any means, but I certainly wouldn't put it top 5 without thinking like most NHL fans seem to do.

I think I like it a bit more than you do (based on my lack of going so far as to say the "bold"), but I don't think it's awesome either. I kind of feel it's the importance of the franchise that bumps these up the rankings a bit. I like, but don't love, the uniform and definitely would not put it in my top 5.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It's definitely the historical aspect of these jerseys that keep it held it such high regard. If a new team came out with a jersey design like that today and we had never seen it...would we all be in love with it straight away? A bit like the Chicago unis. Take away the history and yeah it's still a good set, but it's not really THE best, which a lot of people claim it to be.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

These Padres road unis...

san-diego-padres-road-uniform-primary.jpg

...are the best road unis in their history. Not to mention the stylization of their city name...

6tbesuqhstl2jhtswyuxtu1ij.gif

...is beautiful.

That whole set would be bomb a$$ if the blue were swapped out for brown.

The Habs' and Hawks' jerseys aren't so highly regarded (and yes, they are two of the best uniforms in sports period) just because of the tradition. They are damn good looking sweaters.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)