Unpopular Opinions

im not sure if anyone dislikes the CBJ's identity but i think its the best in the NHL. the logo, the jerseys, the alt, the whole package is just beautiful and full of Ohio spirit

Columbus%20Blue%20Jackets%20Jersey.jpg

The CCM version was better.

hcbjccmat_f1200.jpg?osCsid=3ee47aad236aff0ebc8df52723f06600

i dont know what that means, but im not feeling the black (or navy?) LOL

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

CCM was the company that manufactured hockey sweaters before Reebok bought them out. They still use the CCM brand on throwbacks that use the pre-Edge sweater styles.

And yes the shoulder yoke and bottem hem stripe are black. I should hate it but it was actually pulled off very nicely.

That's why I can't say the current Blue Jackets' look is one of the league's best. It's just an inferior version of the superior pre-Edge alternate Lights Out posted.

• Like 1

im not sure if anyone dislikes the CBJ's identity but i think its the best in the NHL. the logo, the jerseys, the alt, the whole package is just beautiful and full of Ohio spirit

Columbus%20Blue%20Jackets%20Jersey.jpg

The CCM version was better.

hcbjccmat_f1200.jpg?osCsid=3ee47aad236aff0ebc8df52723f06600

All the dissing of the Columbus alt makes me sad. It looks really nice to me :(.

I really like the old CBJ thirds (the logo is great compared to the old CBJ one), but the black and the navy are a little too close together for me. Thank goodness for the red and white to separate the two from each other. I haven't seen it in real life yet, though (who ever has Blue Jackets stuff in WPG anyway?).

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I must admit, I miss the "Graphite Jays" color scheme. Now, I'm not saying I miss the uniforms, logos, or emphasis on black and gray from that era - I just wish they still used the specific colors from that era. The shade of blue they used especially looked spectacular in person.

It was a great color scheme, not really for the Jays. But for a team like the Lightning, it would be beautiful.

jNTsTyQ.png

I must admit, I miss the "Graphite Jays" color scheme. Now, I'm not saying I miss the uniforms, logos, or emphasis on black and gray from that era - I just wish they still used the specific colors from that era. The shade of blue they used especially looked spectacular in person.

Uggg no thanks. The Blue Jays actually look like the Blue Jays again. I wouldn't mind that scheme on an other team, but not for the Jays.

I hated the Rangers' "Lady Liberty" sweaters and really don't understand the folks who want to see them replace one of the most classic sweaters in the history of hockey. Most New Yorkers have only visited the statue once, on a middle-school field trip... how is that a good symbol for a team representing New York City?

Not to mention it technically sits in NJ's waters.

• Like 1

I hated the Rangers' "Lady Liberty" sweaters and really don't understand the folks who want to see them replace one of the most classic sweaters in the history of hockey. Most New Yorkers have only visited the statue once, on a middle-school field trip... how is that a good symbol for a team representing New York City?

From the National Park Service:

Is the Statue in New York or New Jersey?

The Statue of Liberty is on Liberty Island, federal property administered by the National Park Service, located within the territorial jurisdiction of the State of New York.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Statue of Liberty is on Liberty Island, federal property administered by the National Park Service, located within the territorial jurisdiction of the State of New York.

You didnt contradict anything I said above. It still sits in NJ's waters even though NY has jurisdiction over the Island.

You didnt contradict anything I said above. It still sits in NJ's waters even though NY has jurisdiction over the Island.

Jurisdiction trumps territory. The US embassy in London's in the UK's territory but it's still American land.

Jurisdiction trumps territory. The US embassy in London's in the UK's territory but it's still American land.

It's more or less an easement granted to the given country. And I didnt say anything trumped anything. Stop devolving this further into semantic stupidity.

It's more or less an easement granted to the given country. And I didnt say anything trumped anything. Stop devolving this further into semantic stupidity.

Don't stop! Where most people hate "Semantic Stupidity" I find it highly entertaining :)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Here is one that I know I am the minority but I don't understand why. I think the Red Wings logo is horribly stupid. Dont give me auto industry crap. It isn't a car wheel. It is a motorcycle wheel. When I learned how they came about it, it made me hate it even more.

Here is one that I know I am the minority but I don't understand why. I think the Red Wings logo is horribly stupid. Dont give me auto industry crap. It isn't a car wheel. It is a motorcycle wheel. When I learned how they came about it, it made me hate it even more.

The Montreal Winged Wheelers? How DARE they pay homage to one of the game's first powerhouse franchises! ;)

Car wheels can have spokes too.

400_F_1349367_3QSTUVWsH6YZ5ph4RyqDjczMsld0sc.jpg

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

They took the logo from a cycling club in Montreal.

No.

They took the logo from the Montreal Amateur Athletics Association, whose hockey team, the Winged Wheelers, were the first team to win the Stanley Cup.