Unpopular Opinions

I absolutely hate their red and green jerseys. I know those are popular, not sure what the reception was here, but they look like Christmas jerseys and I find the logo embedded in the circle to be tacky. I like their white and green jerseys with the animal head a lot better than the red ones, but I do like the green jersey with the Minnesota text. I know they've minimized it, but I wish they;d burn all traces of the script wordmark that was supposed to be their original logo. Does anyone know if the animal head logo was originally planned or did they only come up with it after the negative reaction to the script logo?

The red jerseys are mostly hated around here. The inaugural home sweaters that were green with the bear head front and centre are rightfully loved by pretty much everybody I've seen comment about them here.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The red jerseys are mostly hated around here. The inaugural home sweaters that were green with the bear head front and centre are rightfully loved by pretty much everybody I've seen comment about them here.

I don't like the inaugural green sweaters

• Like 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I don't like the inaugural green sweaters

ok

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I don't like their script, either. I'm a firm believer that primary hockey sweaters should have crests (yes, even the Rangers) and that wordmarks and the like should be left for the thirds.

Ok Rangers, Noted Hockey Expert Lights Out has spoken. Time to s***can 85 years of tradition!

Why does someone else's opinion offend you so greatly? You know this is an 'unpopular' opinions thread right?

Why did my post offend you so greatly?

I mean ideally there wouldn't be discussion here, but I was responding to something Lights Out said in reference to a discussion that was happening. Fair game at that point. Had he just stated that opinion outright I would have left it alone.

As to the larger point, the guy's made a habit of embracing contrarian opinions just so he can be "that guy." It grows tiresome.

• Like 1

I don't try to be any "guy" on here. My tastes simply happen to differ from yours. And the Rangers' Lady Liberty set seems to be popular enough on here that I don't think my opinion on their wordmarks not looking as good is that out-of-bounds.

I'd wager that the vast majority of people here like the Lady Liberty sweaters specifically because they were used as alternates, not to replace what many consider one of the great classic looks of the NHL.

• Like 1

I don't try to be any "guy" on here. My tastes simply happen to differ from yours. And the Rangers' Lady Liberty set seems to be popular enough on here that I don't think my opinion on their wordmarks not looking as good is that out-of-bounds.

I'd wager that the vast majority of people here like the Lady Liberty sweaters specifically because they were used as alternates, not to replace what many consider one of the great classic looks of the NHL.

For what it is worth, I thought the Lady Liberty alternates were great and should have been used more, but never as the main uniform.

spacer.png

I don't like their script, either. I'm a firm believer that primary hockey sweaters should have crests (yes, even the Rangers) and that wordmarks and the like should be left for the thirds.

Ok Rangers, Noted Hockey Expert Lights Out has spoken. Time to s***can 85 years of tradition!

Why does someone else's opinion offend you so greatly? You know this is an 'unpopular' opinions thread right?

I mean ideally there wouldn't be discussion here, but I was responding to something Lights Out said in reference to a discussion that was happening. Fair game at that point. Had he just stated that opinion outright I would have left it alone.

As to the larger point, the guy's made a habit of embracing contrarian opinions just so he can be "that guy." It grows tiresome.

I'm not offended, I was just curious why someone would react with such anger and vitriol to an opinion he disagrees with in a thread clearly dedicated to unpopular opinions.

• Like 1

I'm not offended, I was just curious why someone would react with such anger and vitriol to an opinion he disagrees with in a thread clearly dedicated to unpopular opinions.

So you're psychic and could tell how I was feeling when I posted? Cool.

Seriously, I wasn't angry. More like annoyed.

No, I could tell based on the condescending language and vitriol you were using that his opinion really aggravated you. Which is silly. Its his opinion. In an 'unpopular' opinions thread no less. Even if he was trying to be "that guy", letting someone elses tastes (on uniforms of all things) offend you is silly.

No, I could tell based on the condescending language and vitriol you were using that his opinion really aggravated you. Which is silly. Its his opinion. In an 'unpopular' opinions thread no less. Even if he was trying to be "that guy", letting someone elses tastes (on uniforms of all things) offend you is silly.

Are you done?

Are you done?

If you are.

Oh joy. Look guy, I wasn't angry before when replying to Lights Out but your little shtick here is starting to get on my nerves. Lights Out's constant "if it's old it sucka B) " posts get annoying, and that's why I posted what I did. I don't apologize for it, but in retrospect this probably wasn't the right place.

Oh joy. Look guy, I wasn't angry before when replying to Lights Out but your little shtick here is starting to get on my nerves. Lights Out's constant "if it's old it sucka B) " posts get annoying, and that's why I posted what I did. I don't apologize for it, but in retrospect this probably wasn't the right place.

This is what he means. You did the same to me, Cap. Just because I didn't like Detroit's logo. I posted it in this thread for a reason. If you don't agree with someone, you can't be wrong. Opinions no longer mean anything because your word is the word. Then you try to make it out to be the other person fault right before you move to another poster you don't agree with. Chromatic's original post got many likes for a reason.

• Like 1

While reading through this thread, please click play to provide the following atmosphere:

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This is what he means. You did the same to me, Cap. Just because I didn't like Detroit's logo. I posted it in this thread for a reason. If you don't agree with someone, you can't be wrong.

No, I just got on your case because your facts were wrong. I don't care if you don't like the Red Wings' logo. When you said something that was factually incorrect (ie not an opinion) then you no longer get to hide behind the "opinion" defence.

Opinions no longer mean anything because your word is the word.

Oh? Where did I make that grand proclamation? Must have done it while I was drunk. Sorry gang, these things happen.

Then you try to make it out to be the other person fault right before you move to another poster you don't agree with.

I think you might be imagining slights that I never intended to make. I know we've had disagreements, but if you think that I've ever personally insulted you I do apologize. Drop me a PM if you want to go into greater detail.

Chromatic's original post got many likes for a reason.

And the guy who has 1,000 friends on Facebook is really that popular. I mean if we're using "Likes" as a metric for rightness then I'm one of the most popular/rightest posters here.

• Like 2