Unpopular Opinions

• 2 weeks later...

I wish the Washington Nationals would bring back gold trim. Keep the current road wordmark and home "W", but add a gold outline, plus add the gold back to the numbers. Right now it's just another bland red/navy team.

My unpopular opinion is that the Nationals original logo set was PERFECT, especially this. I hate the Walgreen's W. These are the 2005 Nationals, not the Senators.

x1hlmovt2m0mgs7ghwzgu6lht.gif

• Like 2
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I won't mind if the Islanders get a full-fledged re-brand. They're in Brooklyn anyway, might as well represent the region.

They're moving all of 20 miles to their West. They're not leaving their current region or even their current Island.

Okay, I KNOW this is an unpopular opinion........

I hate kelly green. It probably comes from me being overexposed to it growing up (church choir colors), but I've grown to appreciate basically every other shade of green except that one. It gives off an old/cheap/borderline garish look to almost every jersey it's used on in my opinion, and I can't think of a single jersey that I'd favor kelly green over another shade.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I honestly have no idea why everyone hates this set so much:

Will+Smith+football+player+New+Orleans+Saints+9zsQdJN1FfNx.jpg

I'd even go as far as saying they are a top five or top ten look in the league.

I hate this uniform for 2 basic reasons. First, to this very day, I can't see it without picturing Michael Vick electrocuting a dog, a secondly THIS...

FALCONS+THROWBACK.jpg

...is so unspeakably, supernaturally, inarguably gorgeous it makes me spontaneously break out in tears every time I see it.

I hate this uniform for 2 basic reasons. First, to this very day, I can't see it without picturing Michael Vick electrocuting a dog, a secondly THIS...

FALCONS+THROWBACK.jpg

...is so unspeakably, supernaturally, inarguably gorgeous it makes me spontaneously break out in tears every time I see it.

I would choose the former over the latter any day. They barely did anything to the jersey. Pants striping is ok. Helmet's fine but I like the back one better.

I'm saying this without any knowledge of history of the unis. I'm basing it only on my aesthetic preference.

Edit: I just looked at the white version and I understand your anguish. Let's keep the striping color and sleeves but change the main color. That's not necessarily bad but what were they thinking. Bad idea. Bad result.

I still stand by my remarks on the other jersey though.

thundersignature.png

and

sport-scarf_bucs_zpsc424092b.png

my #1 favorite. a beautiful modern design that is unique, appropriate, and works perfectly with their logos. it's not over done either, i think this has a lot of "life" left. and if it starts to get a bit stale, they can bring back the black jersey as a primary. but it's also different enough (with the red jersey) from the throwback for it to be worth doing. (why have a throwback if it's all the same color as the current uni?) all the lines in this uniform screams "speed and athleticism". the way they curve on the edges of the pads or flow up the leg is very well done. and theres a consistant design/application across all player body types.

yes the throwback is beautiful too, but it dosent work with the new identity/logos. part of what makes it special is that we only see it twice a year.

• Like 3

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Cardiff City recently unveiled their new kit for the next season, their first in the Premier League. Not only did the new-ish owners recently (last year) change their home colours from Blue to Red, but this years features two different shades of Red. The fans protested and they have no opened it up to a vote between season ticket holders as to which kit they will wear. Option 1 was the protested kit.

The unpopular opinion... I actually prefer the protested option 1 to anything else.

four-options-a265-846061.jpg

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I'm not sure how unpopular this is, but I hate drop shadowed numbers. I can't think of a single example of a uniform with drop shadowed numbers that wouldn't look better without it.

I'd say that's very popular. I disagree with you in some cases, but its popular none the less.

spacer.png

I'm not sure how unpopular this is, but I hate drop shadowed numbers. I can't think of a single example of a uniform with drop shadowed numbers that wouldn't look better without it.

I tend to give the Rags some leeway because it's almost become synonymous with their uniforms by this point and it doesn't look overdone like most other cases. It blends in just enough to fit with the rest of their identity.

Midway.png

I tend to give the Rags some leeway because it's almost become synonymous with their uniforms by this point and it doesn't look overdone like most other cases. It blends in just enough to fit with the rest of their identity.

Its one of the reasons I really don't care for the Rangers uniforms. I don't care how long they've used it, I think it looks bad.

I think this is a great look

hi-res-134856683_crop_650x440.jpg?1342415343

And it would look even better without the drop shadow.

I maintain that these are the best jerseys either team has ever worn.

mNkBySOKk4xXb0BIMB05EzQ.jpg

Jerry%20Rice%20catch.jpg

There's probably more examples of bad drop-shadowing than good, but that's because most teams do/did it to be "kewl" and didn't take the time to execute it correctly.