Unpopular Opinions

I think the Blackhawks road jersey is overrated. It's still a lot better than most teams, but where is the color balance? Their red jerseys are some of the most vibrant in sports, but the roads are mostly black and very drab looking. Switch the black and red and it would be a winner.

I was thinking the exact same thing watching the game the other night. Red numbers would make the road set infinitely better than what they have now. I'm not a huge fan of the homes because I'm not a fan of that style of hem striping, which is incidentally why I like Dallas' white sweater so much more than the home.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I'm not sure how unpopular this is, but I hate drop shadowed numbers. I can't think of a single example of a uniform with drop shadowed numbers that wouldn't look better without it.

I think this is a great look

hi-res-134856683_crop_650x440.jpg?1342415343

That has to be my all time least favorite use of the drop shadow of all time. Man, I HATE the navy with this look. It changes everything.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion but I think Notre Dame's shiny new helmets are gaudy and they should go back to the older ones.

Green Bay Packers: 9x Pre-Super Bowl Era NFL Champions, 4x Super Bowl Champions, 3x NFC Champions

Indianapolis Colts: 2x Pre-Super Bowl Era NFL Champions, 2x Super Bowl Champions, 3x AFC Champions

Michigan Wolverines football: 11x National Champions, 8x Rose Bowl Champions, 3x Citrus/Capital One Bowl Champions

Detroit Tigers: 4x World Series Champions, 11x AL Pennant Winners

Detroit Pistons: 3x NBA Champions, 5x Eastern Conference Champions

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion but I think Notre Dame's shiny new helmets are gaudy and they should go back to the older ones.

Yes, Yes, Yes.... I feel the same way but I do think it may be unpopular because I have seen a lot of love given to them.

Yes, Yes, Yes.... I feel the same way but I do think it may be unpopular because I have seen a lot of love given to them.

Yes, thank you! Even my college roommate who is a Notre Dame fan likes these new helmets. To me it looks more like what a team that doesn't have much history would put out there. Like an Oregon or something.

Green Bay Packers: 9x Pre-Super Bowl Era NFL Champions, 4x Super Bowl Champions, 3x NFC Champions

Indianapolis Colts: 2x Pre-Super Bowl Era NFL Champions, 2x Super Bowl Champions, 3x AFC Champions

Michigan Wolverines football: 11x National Champions, 8x Rose Bowl Champions, 3x Citrus/Capital One Bowl Champions

Detroit Tigers: 4x World Series Champions, 11x AL Pennant Winners

Detroit Pistons: 3x NBA Champions, 5x Eastern Conference Champions

These are both really unpopular opinions, but whatever:

-I don't mind the Buffaslug logo at all, and I really liked the jerseys. Their current look is far superior, though.

-I like the Hurricanes new set and the only change I'd make would be to put the flag logo back on the shoulders. I'll miss the warning flag striping, but at least it's inside the collar.

*ducks*

• Like 1

I hated the "streaking Suns" jersey of the 1990s and I hate that they are going back to it now. I actually like the look the Suns have had for the last few years and wish they'd either stick with it or go back to something like the Tom Chambers era.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

-I don't mind the Buffaslug logo at all, and I really liked the jerseys. Their current look is far superior, though.

-I like the Hurricanes new set and the only change I'd make would be to put the flag logo back on the shoulders. I'll miss the warning flag striping, but at least it's inside the collar.

*ducks*

While I bore the Buffaslug no love, I didn't share the hate for it either. The jerseys were pretty gross though. As for Carolina, its not that the uniforms look bad, its the copycat thing that makes people hate it.

*ducks*

I did not hate the Buffaslug logo in a vacuum. It's just that they swung and missed so bad when people were clamoring for them to get back to the actual Sabres identity. They went back to the colors (though with the gray), but they missed that people wanted the logo to be at least somewhat reminiscent of their past.

My beef with the Canes new set is the non-matching home vs. roads (and long with the high placement of the crest). If they'd place the crest properly, make the home look more like the road, and (as you say) do the alt on the shoulders, it could be an improvement. I did not like the warning flag striping.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

*ducks*

I did not hate the Buffaslug logo in a vacuum. It's just that they swung and missed so bad when people were clamoring for them to get back to the actual Sabres identity. They went back to the colors (though with the gray), but they missed that people wanted the logo to be at least somewhat reminiscent of their past.

My beef with the Canes new set is the non-matching home vs. roads (and long with the high placement of the crest). If they'd place the crest properly, make the home look more like the road, and (as you say) do the alt on the shoulders, it could be an improvement. I did not like the warning flag striping.

No, they didn't go back to the colors. Navy isn't the same as royal blue. Navy isn't an upgrade over royal blue. They are returned to their tradition of wearing yellow and a shade of blue, but if we're going to get that absurd, the Packers could seamlessly switch to lime green because they'd still be using green and yellow. It's not a shot at you, but this has been mentioned many times, including by the team when they "returned" to this color set they had never previously worn. As bad as everything was about the late '90s set, at least it wasn't a quarter-assed nod to tradition while being much different from said tradition.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

*ducks*

No, they didn't go back to the colors. Navy isn't the same as royal blue. Navy isn't an upgrade over royal blue. They are returned to their tradition of wearing yellow and a shade of blue, but if we're going to get that absurd, the Packers could seamlessly switch to lime green because they'd still be using green and yellow. It's not a shot at you, but this has been mentioned many times, including by the team when they "returned" to this color set they had never previously worn. As bad as everything was about the late '90s set, at least it wasn't a quarter-assed nod to tradition while being much different from said tradition.

Worse still, when they "fixed" themselves again a few ears ago, they gave us a half-assed, sad bastardization of their classic set complete with unnecessary piping, "pit stains", and silver trim that clutters up the logo and the striping. I actually don't mind the navy/gold combo, but did they not think to drop the silver and use a normal template, free from Edges' nonsensical frills?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

*ducks*

*Quickly! Into my bullet-proof shelter!*

I agree with the Buffalo-slug point. Ugly or not, a portion of my sports memories come from the early 2000's onwards (having been born in '92) and, truth be told, I didn't mind the slug logo at all. Even though I'm a Florida Panthers fan, the colors of the Buffalo slug were quite appealing to me.

Edge-affected looks excluded, the Dallas Stars have one of the bottom-5 looks in the NHL (so like 15th-20th overall). I just don't understand why people are so in love with it, other than the fact that it's green.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I love this logo

ku5ltmts84hniong8nzwdiu20.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17