Unpopular Opinions

Also in a totally separate unpopular opinion, I'm totally fine with baggy pants or shorter socks in baseball. I remember how uncomfortable wearing stirrups over pants were back when I played Little League, so I can sympathize with the players on that. I guess having pants that stop just before the ankle to show off the color of the socks would be the perfect happy medium.

• Like 2

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

(long-time reader, first time poster)

A few of my unpopular opinions:

1) I LOVED those bright red alternate uniforms the Twins wore in the late 90's. I thought they were perfect for the super-drab Metrodome.

4602314615_10b28d3e88_z.jpg

Oooo baby...

2) I'm a big Bruins fan. From what I can tell, everybody in Boston loved the Winter Classic jersey. I liked the idea, but the spoked-B was so goofy that I just can't get on board. Now, a Bruins look that I loved, and would scrap the current alternate for in a heartbeat:

Neely91-92TBTC.jpg

I don't even care about the lack of the spoked-B.

3) Notre Dame's pants are hideous. I don't care that they're more gold than they used to be, they're awful.

• Like 1

This is my favorite Seahawks look from the 2002-2011 set:

ghctcl5gnhkzncwxewl1gu06f.gif

Who would've thought this look would be lightyears better than what they have now. That switch to nike really cost the Seahawks. I'd love to see a remake of these uniforms, and they'd sell like hot-cakes.
How is this any different than what Nike always gets criticized for?

Neon "volt" color? Check.

No real design other than contrasting sleeves? Check.

Yet because it's not Nike, it gets a pass?

Because this:

nyae77.jpg

Looks 10 million times better

Than this:

sym7er.jpg

What have you been smoking?

This is my favorite Seahawks look from the 2002-2011 set:

ghctcl5gnhkzncwxewl1gu06f.gif

Who would've thought this look would be lightyears better than what they have now. That switch to nike really cost the Seahawks. I'd love to see a remake of these uniforms, and they'd sell like hot-cakes.
How is this any different than what Nike always gets criticized for?

Neon "volt" color? Check.

No real design other than contrasting sleeves? Check.

Yet because it's not Nike, it gets a pass?

Because this:

nyae77.jpg

Looks 10 million times better

Than this:

sym7er.jpg

I hate the new uniforms, but I can't co-sign to this. It's like saying dog sh~t tastes better than cow sh~t.

(long-time reader, first time poster)

A few of my unpopular opinions:

1) I LOVED those bright red alternate uniforms the Twins wore in the late 90's. I thought they were perfect for the super-drab Metrodome.

4602314615_10b28d3e88_z.jpg

Oooo baby...

2) I'm a big Bruins fan. From what I can tell, everybody in Boston loved the Winter Classic jersey. I liked the idea, but the spoked-B was so goofy that I just can't get on board. Now, a Bruins look that I loved, and would scrap the current alternate for in a heartbeat:

Neely91-92TBTC.jpg

I don't even care about the lack of the spoked-B.

3) Notre Dame's pants are hideous. I don't care that they're more gold than they used to be, they're awful.

It's like my opinions came to life and spawned another person. I agree with all that you said.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I do not like all the flag desecration uniforms and hats MLB and MiLB are using today and the rest of the weekend.

You realize this is the unpopular opinion thread, right. Everyone hates those. :lol:

spacer.png

I really like the new Seahawks set.

I'd tweak a couple of minor things, but I think over all it's really good.

I agree. The only thing I'd change is to make the helmet grey and to wear the grey pants more often. Other than that, it's a nice, modern look that isn't too over the top.

I am probably the only person who likes this logo, therefor making my liking of it a very unpopular opinion.gasktpevr19afvpeoekpjrder.gif

OK, yes, this is the very definition of an unpopular opinion. :D

I have a question about this logo, maybe someone can help me. What is that thing that forms the crossbar of the "A" supposed to be? At first I thought it was trying to be a halo, but that makes no sense... it's physically attached to the wing. So WTF is it?

Everyone but me seems to have a rock-hard boner for these uniforms.

testaverde2-phi88.jpg]

Looks like age is catching up to me.

I think you need new material, so i'll just leave this here

hi-res-457497989-tight-end-tim-wright-an

Edited by Ice_Cap
inappropriate language
  • Like 1

I am probably the only person who likes this logo, therefor making my liking of it a very unpopular opinion.gasktpevr19afvpeoekpjrder.gif

OK, yes, this is the very definition of an unpopular opinion. :D

I have a question about this logo, maybe someone can help me. What is that thing that forms the crossbar of the "A" supposed to be? At first I thought it was trying to be a halo, but that makes no sense... it's physically attached to the wing. So WTF is it?

I believe it's a flying baseball.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I liked it at the time, but later realized how bad it is. That logo/uniform set would've been perfectly fine if the Angels were a '90s expansion team, but it didn't fit a team that's been around since the early '60s.

• Like 1

I actually really like the block "C" and the block wordmark fonts that the Cleveland Indians started to use more. Very simplistic, in my opinion.

I still like their really nice cursive script logo, though.

I've warmed to the block "C" and the block wordmarks too, but I think it would be better if the Indians went with this wordmark on the creme alts:

ClevelandIndians_UNS3a_2011_SCC_SRGB.png

Also, flipping the text colors on the road uniform would be nice (red text with navy outlines).