Unpopular Opinions

Chief Wahoo is a terribly designed logo, regardless of whether or not it's a racist caricature:

bwlhdbvznotavo5ccby5gogn6.gif

Just look at it. The terrible line weights in the teeth (which don't even connect fully) and the other really bad attempts at detailing in the feather and the eyes make for a horrendous logo. It may be that some details didn't translate well when the logo was originally digitized in the 90's, but come on. If they had to keep him (which I hope they don't), at least modernize him.

It was first used in 1951, for that reason alone it is wonderfully designed.

Find another character logo that old that looks as good.

There probably aren't many because they've all been updated to not look like they were designed 60 years ago.
Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I like white outlines on grey baseball jerseys. (Tigers, Rockies...)

So do I. Especially when white is a team color (ie red and white, blue and white, etc.), I think it looks just fine.

Pretty much... it works great for the Royals, but for the Tigers it just looks cluttered and unnecessary.

So do I. Especially when white is a team color (ie red and white, blue and white, etc.), I think it looks just fine.

Pretty much... it works great for the Royals, but for the Tigers it just looks cluttered and unnecessary.

See, I guess that's where we disagree. I like it on the tigers, I think it makes the script and numbers stand out. Same with the angels.

spacer.png

See, I guess that's where we disagree. I like it on the tigers, I think it makes the script and numbers stand out. Same with the angels.

I agree. I can't think of a single instance where a white outline bothers me. What does bother me, is excessive white space around a wordmark instead of proper chain stitching. The Phillies, for example, use more white outline than is necessary.

I don't like any of the Oregon football uniforms, especially their wildly vivid names.

I love grey facemasks. But any other form of unnecessary grey on sports uniforms look awful to me.

I love the Christmas color scheme- bright red and a darker shade of green.

I think the MLB All-Star game should have AL and NL generic uniforms but team-designated caps.

Might not be unpopular but the Mavs' throwback look is sooooo much better than their current look. A modernised version of it with navy blue instead of royal would look beautiful.

It works for the Angels because it's consistent with the cap logo. It looks jarring on the Tigers because there's no white on their road caps.

I'm apparently the one person who thinks Utah's new football uniforms are actually pretty good. Could use a little less detail on the mountains on the sleeves, but I do like the idea. It's like everything's either too plain or too out there for people, then Utah does something in between, and people still hate it.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I hate hate hate the St Louis Blues McDonald's arch 3rd jersey.

McDonald's ?
The Gateway Arch 3rd jersey - I know people love it - I think the arch looks completely out of place on it.

Yep. I'm lovin' it.

Ba dum bum bam bummmmmmmm

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Lions have the best look in the NFL.

Nah, I wouldn't go that far.........but I do think they look much better with black trim (and only trim) than without.

Agreed. Light blue and silver just don't work on their own. They need that black to provide some much-need contrast.

I actually do think that if the Lions fixed a few minor flaws (super skinny helmet stripe, super wide sleeve stripes, number font) they could have the best look in the league.