Unpopular Opinions

This is better than the blue version of the home/away.

p-488639-jaromir-jagr-washington-capital

Black, copper, and white - with the only barely-noticeable blue being on the sleeves - and that could easily be mistaken for black. The Capitals logo I actually like - the colors? Awful.
It was a slightly better version of the Dallas Stars Edge jersey. That's not saying much at all.

Tuxedo look?

All black, with little striping/bright colors to break it.

A good example is the original Ottawa Senators blacks, since the red is dark and blends in with the black. The low quality video definitely helps the look too.

The black, yellow, and reddish-orange color scheme that the Canucks wore from 1978-1997 wasn't all that bad. If they had just taken their early-'90s template and used a recolored stick-in-rink instead of the skate, the scheme might have lasted longer. While royal blue/kelly green is my favorite color scheme for the team, the black/yellow/reddish-orange comes a distant second.

Apparently unpopular opinion of mine...

"Stick in rink" is a terrible logo that absolutely screams 1970s.

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I concur. And I'll take it a step further and say that the orca logo is actually pretty damn good, and easily the best logo the Canucks have ever had.

• Like 1

The first time I ever saw the stink in rink logo was on a throwback jersey in a hockey equipment store. I was 12 or 13 and I real life laughed out loud upon seeing it. I had to ask my dad what team the jersey was for. I had a "WHATTT!?!?!" moment because I only knew the flying skate (didn't notice it was a skate for probably five years) and orca Canucks.

I couldn't believe a professional sports team used that as their logo. I still can't. I guess it's okay as a shoulder patch but as a primary logo it's a joke.

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

i firmly believe that the vancouver canucks have never had a worthy primary logo in their entire existence, and their current color scheme feels like nothing more than a shallow throwback to an era in which they were hardly relevant. it isn't a bad color scheme, but the way it is used feels like a throwback to the "glory years" that weren't even really very glorious.

• Like 1

i firmly believe that the vancouver canucks have never had a worthy primary logo in their entire existence, and their current color scheme feels like nothing more than a shallow throwback to an era in which they were hardly relevant. it isn't a bad color scheme, but the way it is used feels like a throwback to the "glory years" that weren't even really very glorious.

I agree with this part. None of their primaries have been very good.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

I'll agree with you if you're talking about the original. The updated one no way.

I was talking about the original. I'd call the update an improvement because the "C" is more obvious and it does not seem so 1970s, but I still can't call it good.

With the original, I saw it as a stick in a rectangle with rounded corners. I did not see the "C" or think of it as a rink until I saw it discussed on these boards. So I thought it was just a piece of equipment...kinda like an even more basic answer to the BiG before I noticed the "m" and "b".

POTD (Shared)

I am probably the only person who likes this logo, therefor making my liking of it a very unpopular opinion.gasktpevr19afvpeoekpjrder.gif

OK, yes, this is the very definition of an unpopular opinion. :D

I have a question about this logo, maybe someone can help me. What is that thing that forms the crossbar of the "A" supposed to be? At first I thought it was trying to be a halo, but that makes no sense... it's physically attached to the wing. So WTF is it?

Well,I do like the logo and it is an angel attached to the head.

That's supposed to be a pitched (or hit) baseball, yes? And I personally loathe that set. Took a great uniform set and Disneyfied the crap out of the team.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln