Unpopular Opinions

I am probably the only person who likes this logo, therefor making my liking of it a very unpopular opinion.gasktpevr19afvpeoekpjrder.gif

I actually liked this too, and even now, I don't hate that identity as much as a lot of people seem to. That said, I'll concede that the Angels' current identity is damn near perfect and this one would be better suited for a minor league club.

I am probably the only person who likes this logo, therefor making my liking of it a very unpopular opinion.gasktpevr19afvpeoekpjrder.gif

OK, yes, this is the very definition of an unpopular opinion. :D

I have a question about this logo, maybe someone can help me. What is that thing that forms the crossbar of the "A" supposed to be? At first I thought it was trying to be a halo, but that makes no sense... it's physically attached to the wing. So WTF is it?

I never looked at it that closely, but I think it's a stylized flying baseball. I always just assumed it was a halo.

Makes its use on the helmets and sleeves in Angels in the Endzone even worse

endzone7.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Everyone but me seems to have a rock-hard boner for these uniforms.

testaverde2-phi88.jpg]

Looks like age is catching up to me.

I think you need new material, so i'll just leave this here

hi-res-457497989-tight-end-tim-wright-an

I for one took those jerseys for granted, and I was happy for a moment when they tried to do something different. Now, not so much... BRING THEM BACK!!!

Edited by Ice_Cap
just cleaning things up

Here's a huge unpopular opinion:

v2cs63mhao1kv2mfu2ybjr4fp.gif

I love this logo. Everything about it works. It fits in well for it's era, and the head alone would make a great logo.

It's like Alex Rodriguez's bicep met Barry Bonds' head...if they were 'roided-up Blue Jays. Unpopular opinion indeed!

I happen to like Cooper-alls and the White Sox shorts experiment...

• Like 1

I think the NL Central is the most boring division in MLB, both from watching the games and the Uniform/Logo Standpoint

Lots of blandness. I agree. If Houston had stayed in the division, they would bring some needed color to it with their re-brand. Actually, both central divisions are boring.

I love this logo. Everything about it works. It fits in well for it's era, and the head alone would make a great logo.

It's like Alex Rodriguez's bicep met Barry Bonds' head...if they were 'roided-up Blue Jays. Unpopular opinion indeed!

I happen to like Cooper-alls and the White Sox shorts experiment...

I like the head, but it looks like the head and arm are being chopped off by the T. There's no way a normal neck can fit there. And if the arm is that massive, there should bff more body sticking out from behind the T. It doesn't look like a while bird that just happens to be covered up partially by the letter; it looks like they designed it to just needed pieces of a blue Jay.

EVERYTHING about it works? That is an unpopular opinion as I look at it and see nothing that works.

- Overly aggressive mascot with anthropomorphic features

- a maple leaf TATTOO!

- inconsistent outlines. Everything on the bird is outlined with thick black strokes, and there's the T with nothing.

- the T is awkward and an unattractive shape

- this is a problem with that whole era of Blue Jays uniforms, but the thin blue lines inside the red T makes the colors vibrate and it doesn't look good

- the head looks like it's being guillotined by the T. OR the bat looks like it's shooting through his neck

- and it's so detailed that it's unintelligible from a distance, which makes it a terrible cap logo.

If I didn't know better I'd think this was a picture of some low level minor league team.

BLUEJAYS_t440.jpg?9e2a24ba44807f8f9b96aa

That was also the era of colored sleeves Blue Jays uniforms

295pa88_medium.jpg

Honestly, the Graphite Jays/Black Jays were better than this era of Blue Jays baseball.

It might work for let's say, the Tulsa Blue Jays minor league team, but at the major league level it was an embarrassment.

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

The uniforms from that era themselves were okay by me, but I hate that logo.

The Blue Jays should have only ever had two logos... The original and the current one. They had gotten it right on the first try and that "T-bird" logo in particular was awful.

• Like 1