Unpopular Opinions

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the Blackhawks logo is outdated, ugly, over-colored, and altogether too busy.

Something beautiful can ever be outdated..........would anyone call the classic beauty´s in old hollywood movies outdated ? no way.

40 years ago? I don't think you meant to tack on that extra zero. :D

59243200.jpg

Titletown: home of 13 NFL championships...2 of which have come since 1968.

Still 2 more than your Dolphins have won since 1973. And until another team three-peats... which only the Packers have ever done, and they've done it twice... those "40 year old titles" are still relevant.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the Blackhawks logo is outdated, ugly, over-colored, and altogether too busy.

Something beautiful can ever be outdated..........would anyone call the classic beauty´s in old hollywood movies outdated ? no way.

That's a completely different scenario... :Oo:

Besides, anything can be outdated.

I've been a Dolphins fans since the days of David Woodley and Don Strock - but they've been lost in the woods since Dan Marino retired. I'm very familiar with the 1972 team...but, dude, save the 40+ year old "glory days" for Green Bay fans.

59243200.jpg

Looks pretty damn good from where I'm sitting.

59243200.jpg

Still 2 more than your Dolphins have won since 1973. And until another team three-peats... which only the Packers have ever done, and they've done it twice... those "40 year old titles" are still relevant.

Which was why I jokingly said the Dolphins shouldn't be included on a list of "professional" football teams...

1929...12 team league...no playoffs. Regular season 1st place team is named champion.

1965...14 team league...1 playoff win gets you to the championship game.

I'm not going to disparage what the Packers accomplished from 1929-1931 and 1965-1967, but you're absolutely fooling yourself if you think a three-peat has a chance of happening again in today's NFL.

Sounds like you are a big Packer fan...so were you on Brett Favre's side until Aaron Rodgers won the Super Bowl, at which time you denied ever wavering in your support of management during Favre's squabble with Ted Thompson?

Continuing on with my own unpopular opinions, being as I live in Wisconsin...saw a ball-in-glove sticker on a car yesterday. Royal blue and yellow looks so good compared to the Brewers' current bland logo.

I am probably the only person who likes this logo, therefor making my liking of it a very unpopular opinion.gasktpevr19afvpeoekpjrder.gif

OK, yes, this is the very definition of an unpopular opinion. :D

I have a question about this logo, maybe someone can help me. What is that thing that forms the crossbar of the "A" supposed to be? At first I thought it was trying to be a halo, but that makes no sense... it's physically attached to the wing. So WTF is it?

Well,I do like the logo and it is an angel attached to the head.

That's supposed to be a pitched (or hit) baseball, yes? And I personally loathe that set. Took a great uniform set and Disneyfied the crap out of the team.

I see two things:

The angel is playing a harp...upside down.

OR

The angel is sucker-punching the letter A.

87Redskins.png

1929...12 team league...no playoffs. Regular season 1st place team is named champion.

1965...14 team league...1 playoff win gets you to the championship game.

I'm not going to disparage what the Packers accomplished from 1929-1931 and 1965-1967, but you're absolutely fooling yourself if you think a three-peat has a chance of happening again in today's NFL.

Except that's exactly what you just did. If it were so easy to win championships back then, the Packers wouldn't have been the only team to ever three-peat. I agree that it probably won't ever happen again, but I don't see how that makes it less relevant. Is Cy Young somehow not relevant to a discussion about great pitchers because no one will ever win 500 games again?

Sounds like you are a big Packer fan...so were you on Brett Favre's side until Aaron Rodgers won the Super Bowl, at which time you denied ever wavering in your support of management during Favre's squabble with Ted Thompson?

Nope. I never cared for Brett Favre as a person and had a huge distaste for him before he "retired" the first time... so much so that I bought an Aaron Rodgers jersey during training camp of 2008. In fact, I would say the single worst thing about being a Packers fan is having to deal with the rednecky middle-aged Brett Favre fanboys who act like the Packers weren't around for 70+ years before he was traded to Green Bay.

Continuing on with my own unpopular opinions, being as I live in Wisconsin...saw a ball-in-glove sticker on a car yesterday. Royal blue and yellow looks so good compared to the Brewers' current bland logo.

Not sure how unpopular of an opinion that is around here... even those who hate the BiG usually acknowledge that the royal and yellow colors are much better than what they have now.

Those black stripes on the new Tampa helmets don't bother me too much. Mainly because I would probably never had noticed them if they weren't pointed out to me. It looks like natural shading to me. Sure it's pointless, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it is hurting anything.

Me too...after they were pointed out I still had trouble picking it out. I get not liking that feature (and I am not a huge fan either) but to call that feature worse than Jacksonville...not me.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Sharks current logo pops more with the orange.

And since there's a lot of Wisconsin discussion, I like the Brewers current primary way more than the ball in glove.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Those black stripes on the new Tampa helmets don't bother me too much. Mainly because I would probably never had noticed them if they weren't pointed out to me. It looks like natural shading to me. Sure it's pointless, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it is hurting anything.

Me too...after they were pointed out I still had trouble picking it out. I get not liking that feature (and I am not a huge fan either) but to call that feature worse than Jacksonville...not me.
I think it's something you won't notice for most of the game, but then you'll see an angle where they look horrible.

Not sure how unpopular of an opinion that is around here... even those who hate the BiG usually acknowledge that the royal and yellow colors are much better than what they have now.

In that case chalk me up as having the unpopular opinion that, besides the overprevalence of alternates, the current Brewers look is the best in their history.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I wish the Braves would dump their navy and red alternates, dump the road cap, and bring in these as road throwback alternates (so they can still sell more hats):

braves_away.jpg

I also wish they'd bring back their striped socks for the home/road/home throwback, as shown here with the current home uniform (on Andruw Jones).

AllTimeBraves.jpg

On the players that do go high-cuffed, the stripe really balances out the colors on the uniform.

The Sharks current logo pops more with the orange.

Building off of this, I like the Sharks with orange. I'm a Dolphins fan, so that may have something to do with it, but if they consistently used orange as trim from now on, I'd be pleased.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I don't see why you couldn't leave the orange in the stick but use silver as the third color everywhere else.

Unpopular logo opinion: I hate team-specific license plates. I generally dislike all specialty plates, but I really don't like the ones for sports teams. To me, it almost says that you're a fan of a sports team first and a resident of your state second. Ironically, the time when this might be appropriate would be a Yankees fan in Boca, or a Bears fan in Kenosha, but that obviously can't happen. Also, why invite cops who like a rival team to pull you over?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've never se

On 7/31/2014 at 11:24 AM, the admiral said:

I don't see why you couldn't leave the orange in the stick but use silver as the third color everywhere else.

Unpopular logo opinion: I hate team-specific license plates. I generally dislike all specialty plates, but I really don't like the ones for sports teams. To me, it almost says that you're a fan of a sports team first and a resident of your state second. Ironically, the time when this might be appropriate would be a Yankees fan in Boca, or a Bears fan in Kenosha, but that obviously can't happen. Also, why invite cops who like a rival team to pull you over?

Probably not. I shudder to think how many Minnesota "Packers" plates would be out there (far more than Vikings, I'd guess).

However, for Universities...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)