Unpopular Opinions

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

The Flames should put that logo on the shoulders of the primary uniforms in place of the flags. It'd make a bad uniform slightly tolerable. 

Couldn't agree more.  The piping to nowhere and intersecting hem stripes would almost be tolerable without those half-assed flags.  As for that logo, I wouldn't call it brilliant by any stretch but at least it's an actual attempt at branding.

8 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I'm on your side also. Orange-white-orange was okay, but orange-brown-orange was/is overboard. One of those "just because you can doesn't mean you should" sort of deals in my book.

i like it when ever the helmets and pants match, so i really like those uniforms.

• Like 1

Before the Adidas Rev 30 garbage the NBA, I always loved the thick dri-fit jerseys Nike/Reebok/pre-2010 Adidas developed for teams.  They looked good and stand out more than today's unis.  The stitching on numerals and NOBs were a whole lot better and stood out more compared to today's Rev 30 stitching Adidas developed six years ago.  Let's hope when Nike takes over the NBA contract next season, they need to go back to the thicker and better look (let's hope).  BTW:  It may not be an unpopular opinion, because some people do like the thick dri-fit jerseys. But it is my opinion.

Image result for 2003 san antonio spurs

Image result for 2003 san antonio spurs tim duncan

Block number fonts are incredibly overrated. Yeah, they're more eligible than other fonts, but they're just SO boring. I think (some) custom fonts give teams more character in their design and honestly, I don't think every team needs to use the same number font just because it's LOL traditional.

On 9/28/2016 at 8:33 AM, Wandell said:

I always liked this Browns uniform.

GregPruitt.jpg

GregPruitt2.jpg

Reason why they looked so good because of the AWESOME FORREST :censored:ING GREGG! Forrest Gregg did the uniforms like that because he was in tune with Green Bay and the Packers uniform design. Same with how Vince Lombardi did the Washington Redskins 1970-1971 design.

Only difference with the Redskins and Browns was the Redskins ditch the helmets by 1972 while the Browns kept the Green Bay Packers like design from 1975-1983 which they look AWESOME! Thanks for bringing this back in here. The Browns best years ever!

On 9/27/2016 at 2:13 PM, ScubaSteve said:

I never really liked the Saints old, mustardy gold everyone seems to love. But it looks like I have good reason. It's pretty darn close to what scientists consider the ugliest color:

http://time.com/4353765/worlds-ugliest-color-discourages-smoking/

Image result for New Orleans Saints 1967

Ok are you fine now? HAHAHAHAHA! At least afterwards, the block numbers became plain which made the uniform decent in many ways. Yeah the gold numbers on the road whites are good, but I hated that and liked them better with just their later plain block numbers. I wonder if they used it later on!

12 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Reason why they looked so good because of the AWESOME FORREST :censored:ING GREGG! Forrest Gregg did the uniforms like that because he was in tune with Green Bay and the Packers uniform design. Same with how Vince Lombardi did the Washington Redskins 1970-1971 design.

Only difference with the Redskins and Browns was the Redskins ditch the helmets by 1972 while the Browns kept the Green Bay Packers like design from 1975-1983 which they look AWESOME! Thanks for bringing this back in here. The Browns best years ever!

Wasn't he nothing more than an assistant coach with the Browns?

Doubt he would have the power to have any say on uniforms.

27 minutes ago, Harmening said:

Wasn't he nothing more than an assistant coach with the Browns?

Doubt he would have the power to have any say on uniforms.

Gregg was their head coach in the mid '70s.

• Like 1

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

On 2016-09-30 at 9:52 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Block number fonts are incredibly overrated. Yeah, they're more eligible than other fonts, but they're just SO boring. I think (some) custom fonts give teams more character in their design and honestly, I don't think every team needs to use the same number font just because it's LOL traditional.

I think you mean "legible."

• Like 6