Unpopular Opinions

I think it's safe to say that adding a gradient is an unpopular opinion around here, but I would like to see the Bengals try a helmet with some subtle white countershading like a real tiger has.

P.t.altaica_Tomak_Male.jpg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Kaz said:

PowderbluesCS.jpg?itok=8stkZXUk&timestam

Double whammy; not only are these the best the Chargers have ever looked, their current number font is among the league's best.

More yellow, no navy, and I'll agree.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

22 hours ago, bushy said:

Don't know if it's unpopular or not, but I hate the chargers navy uniforms. Way too many teams with navy in the league and I'm a sucker for baby blue. Throw in yellow? Ugh. You got me. 

I like the collegiate blue too. To be honest, navy blue also works well like their 1986-1987 uniforms. Plus, I think the Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots, Chicago Bears, and the San Diego Chargers (in my opinion) should be the only five teams to use navy blue.

The Los Angeles Rams, Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans, and the Buffalo Bills (they have some navy blue) should drop or limit navy blue altogether.

On 11/16/2016 at 4:20 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Image result for 1981 cincinnati bengals

These uniforms suck. The jerseys are too generic and the striping looks like orange duct tape with tiger stripes. It's an overall outdated set that should stay in the past.

This set was greatly improved when the stripes were tweaked in the '90s.

T6zVvcH.jpg

It even looked nice in monochrome!

2fliwV9.jpg

• Like 9

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I preferred the first Bengals "tiger stripe" set. The leaping tiger logo was great (way better than the B or the tiger head).  But I thought it was overkill to put it on the sleeves when the uniform already had a tiger stripe motif.  

I also preferred the original looks thinner, and therefore more, stripes.

While  the 1981-2003 (?) look in general is popular, I get a sense that my preference toward the earlier, thinner stripes is unpopular.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

The navy blue provides some much needed contrast. Powder blue, yellow and white are all too soft together.

Bolder yellow outlines would give enough contrast, I think. If you need a darker blue, use a medium blue, but I don't think you do.

On 11/17/2016 at 6:11 PM, Silver_Star said:

I like the collegiate blue too. To be honest, navy blue also works well like their 1986-1987 uniforms. Plus, I think the Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots, Chicago Bears, and the San Diego Chargers (in my opinion) should be the only five teams to use navy blue.

The Los Angeles Rams, Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans, and the Buffalo Bills (they have some navy blue) should drop or limit navy blue altogether.

You listed four teams and said they were the only five who should wear navy. I actually sort of agree with you though.

The Texans should also be able to keep their colors, but their blue isn't really navy. They call it "deep steel blue" and, true to the metallic name, it has more grey in it than navy does.

I'd love to see the Rams, Titans and Bills drop navy though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

You listed four teams and said they were the only five who should wear navy. I actually sort of agree with you though.

The Texans should also be able to keep their colors, but their blue isn't really navy. They call it "deep steel blue" and, true to the metallic name, it has more grey in it than navy does.

True. Yeah, the Houston Texans look good with the color, but some white with the red piping like the Washington Redskins style would make them SWEET!!!

32 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I think these were the best they've ever looked. Just a tad bit of the navy/black but 99% powder/yellow.

fcf8825cecb10fe8c037e4f6cbea2abb.jpg

Yeah, if you had that width of yellow outline on the Agency numbers and a yellow facemask, it'd be a perfect update for today.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

True. Yeah, the Houston Texans look good with the color, but some white with the red piping like the Washington Redskins style would make them SWEET!!!

Red piping? I didn't think the Redskins had any piping at all. Can you show me a pic of what you mean?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I don't mind the bills in navy, but, the way they are using it it shouldn't be there. 

• Like 2

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske