Unpopular Opinions

I don't really like the Florida Gators' "stripe brand" anymore.  For some reason I am more fond of the jersey and pant stripes used in the 90s.  Plus, bring back the circular UF logo. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

How's this for unpopular? When I first saw U-Dub wear black football uniforms in 2010 or so, I actually kind of liked them, and they have become one of the few BFBS sets I enjoy. (I probably still like them better in purple, though.)

Huskies would be undefeated and ranked #2 right now were it not for those horrible black uniforms.

This...

05_EReed_news.jpg 

is better than this...

AFC+Wild+Card+Game+Baltimore+Ravens+v+Mi

The Ravens should really be a black team first, to separate themselves from the Vikings as the leagues purple team...

Also if the Ravens wore purple socks with the Black-Black-White combo they would be in the top 5 uniforms in the league.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, TVIXX said:

I really wished the replies to the Rams going to navy/white were the same as the padres

I'm with you.  I'd rather they stay with the St. Louis colors.  Though going with royal(or navy)/yellow would definitely be the best choice, IMO.

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

5 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

This...

05_EReed_news.jpg 

is better than this...

AFC+Wild+Card+Game+Baltimore+Ravens+v+Mi

The Ravens should really be a black team first, to separate themselves from the Vikings as the leagues purple team...

Also if the Ravens wore purple socks with the Black-Black-White combo they would be in the top 5 uniforms in the league.

Meh. 

Steelers and Bengals are black teams in the same division. 

Add in Oakland, and that's three black primary teams in the same conference, four with the theoretical ravens. 

I think the NFL can manage two purple teams in two different conferences

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

4 hours ago, Ark said:

Navy/Gold > Royal/Yellow

dUG7FIE.jpg?1

That is :censored:ing ugly

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

It's fine in and of itself but not for the Los Angeles Rams, who can be in slightly updated uniforms -- or even that very template -- but in royal and athletic gold.

My unpopular Ravens opinion is that the Ravens should definitely be in head-to-toe black at home. On the road, I don't care what's black and what's purple (but for the sake of argument let's say black names, purple numbers, black pants, purple socks), but the white should be minimal. No albino Ravens! Their whole deal is that they're supposed to be mean and scary. Maximum black works for them.

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

17 hours ago, FlyEaglesFly76 said:

That is :censored:ing ugly

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's ugly, but the colors are so painfully muddled and dark. It might look better if, say, the numbers were white, outlined in gold, rather than the old way around. And/or if you lightened up the gold (while keeping it metallic).

But as is, it's just a terribly drab, boring, indistinctive look. No comparison to the beautiful and vibrant royal blue and athletic gold.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

It's fine in and of itself but not for the Los Angeles Rams, who can be in slightly updated uniforms -- or even that very template -- but in royal and athletic gold.

My unpopular Ravens opinion is that the Ravens should definitely be in head-to-toe black at home. On the road, I don't care what's black and what's purple (but for the sake of argument let's say black names, purple numbers, black pants, purple socks), but the white should be minimal. No albino Ravens! Their whole deal is that they're supposed to be mean and scary. Maximum black works for them.

I agree with you on this only that they should add stripes to the black pants otherwise, they look like they are playing football in leotards.

• Like 1

Yeah, sure, purple trimmed in gold would work, I guess. The numbers need some refreshing, too. I hate that '90s font. I'm envisioning something a little more Olde Baltimore, something like what the Pittsburgh Pirates use.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫