Unpopular Opinions

I'm a fan of the loopy W, myself. The Nats' "monumental" identity did have a lot of potential, but on the whole, I prefer their current identity. Not a fan of their home uniform - would much prefer the beautiful "Nationals" script be used on the front - but I think the current identity is more visually attractive than the "monumental" identity. Also not bogged down with unnecessary gold trim.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I'll expand that a bit. Cowboys should go to navy and silver-green, drop the royal, and make regular silver/silver-blue accent-only.

I'm actually the opposite.  I'd keep the silver/green pants and keep royal, matching the road jersey to the current home.

11 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I would welcome this LA Rams uniform set:

Home- Navy & Yellow (yellow horns on helmet)

Away- Navy & White (white horns on helmet)

Alternate- Yellow Color Rush

Even though they're decals, I doubt the league would allow that.

• Like 1

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

10 hours ago, mjd77 said:

I'm actually the opposite.  I'd keep the silver/green pants and keep royal, matching the road jersey to the current home.

That could work too but I feel like navy would give a better contrast. Silver-green pants with both jerseys?

On 16/12/2016 at 7:13 AM, Ben in LA said:

Even though they're decals, I doubt the league would allow that.

League might not have a problem, but I'm sure the equipment managers would. 

Would be a pain switching back and forth week after week, even taking into consideration back to back road/home games. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 12/14/2016 at 0:46 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

I LOVE Wisconsin's "motion W". It's iconic, instantly recognizable, and a strong mark in my opinion (and precisely why I never ever mixed them up with Nebraska in football).

I also absolutely love how it looks on a football helmet:

IMG_5483.JPG

I'm a sucker for logos that mesh with helmet top contours, a la the 90's-00's Jaguars. It doesn't line up absolutely perfectly of course, but it's close enough that it looks really sleek to me. One of my favorite helmets in the nation.

I didn't realize this was an unpopular opinion. I've always loved Wisconsin's logo. However, I still got them confused with Nebraska when the two played each other.

• Like 2

NSFCvyu.png

2 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

I actually think that the sabres "edgy" 90s re brand was awesome.  I think they should have stuck with that instead of, going back to the blue and yellow. It helps that I think their current unis are crap

I have a aut. jersey similar to this one.........they are not bad, to say the least

7c9a9b15b8e0bf94.jpg

21810.jpg

and this guy was cool af

• Like 1

Those were terrible, at least for Buffalo. I might not have minded the template for some expansion team, but Buffalo should look traditional. It's a traditional place.

UNPOPULAR OPINION: bring back NHL refs in neckties under v-neck sweaters!

1992NHLAll-StarGamereferee.png1991-92NHLthrowbackrefereesweaters.jpg
2004NHLAll-StarRefereesweaters.jpgBillChadwickcreamsweater.jpg

Not just because there's something humorously genteel about it, but also because it would give each of the four leagues a distinct visual identity for its officials. Football refs would have the zebra stripes, umpires would, well, look like umpires, NHL refs would have ties and v-necks, and NBA refs would have those ugly grey shirts.

• Like 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

Those were terrible, at least for Buffalo. I might not have minded the template for some expansion team, but Buffalo should look traditional. It's a traditional place

The obvious middle ground (to me, anyway) is a primary uniform with classic stripes, a lace-up neck, and the old alternate logo filtered through the classic colors:

35d6liq.jpg

...and, for the shoulders, a slightly modernized & isolated version of the Buffalo from the classic logo:

hqdefault.jpg

...and a yellow alternate DONE RIGHT!

• Like 3