Jump to content

Unpopular Opinions


Recommended Posts

The Sabres current uniforms would be great if they dropped three things; the front numbers, piping-to-nowhere and pit stains.  Unpopular opinion; I think Navy, Gold and Silver looks worlds better than Royal Blue and Yellow.  I also think the logo is improved with the silver outlines as it makes it look less flat.  The red eye is also a nice touch that stands out better on Navy.

 

fOqWoHo.jpg

 

That being said, I thought it was great when they used royal blue for an alternate look.  This would be the ideal Sabres set in my opinion...
sFruZqt.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also the obnoxiously large helmet logo and the fact that the pewter is no longer pewter and basically dark gray. (I do like the switch from black to red socks though.)

 

The Pewter used to look good and a color they owned.

SuperBowl07_24_12_2_t.jpg

 

 

Now they just look like Washington States alternates:

 

connor-halliday-ncaa-football-arizona-state-washington-state-850x560.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Morgo said:

The Sabres current uniforms would be great if they dropped three things; the front numbers, piping-to-nowhere and pit stains.  Unpopular opinion; I think Navy, Gold and Silver looks worlds better than Royal Blue and Yellow.  I also think the logo is improved with the silver outlines as it makes it look less flat.  The red eye is also a nice touch that stands out better on Navy.

 

fOqWoHo.jpg

 

That being said, I thought it was great when they used royal blue for an alternate look.  This would be the ideal Sabres set in my opinion...
sFruZqt.jpg

Sabers are very close to having some perfect uniforms. If they get rid of the random silver piping then we're good. I could live with the navy color over royal blue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, VikWings said:

Also the obnoxiously large helmet logo and the fact that the pewter is no longer pewter and basically dark gray. (I do like the switch from black to red socks though.)

 

The Pewter used to look good and a color they owned.

SuperBowl07_24_12_2_t.jpg

 

 

Now they just look like Washington States alternates:

 

connor-halliday-ncaa-football-arizona-state-washington-state-850x560.jpg

Maybe use an example that matches because those two helmets look nothing alike. The giant logo is my favorite part. It makes up for the lack of stripe, where most stripeless helmets bore me.

 

I also agree that the Bucs jerseys are not that bad. In fact, I'd say they are good with a couple changes away from great. AND a solid upgrade from the previous set. The old jersey was boring and I find the old pewter ugly. The worst part of the old set, the alternate logo on the sleeves, remains unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Morgo said:

The Sabres current uniforms would be great if they dropped three things; the front numbers, piping-to-nowhere and pit stains.  Unpopular opinion; I think Navy, Gold and Silver looks worlds better than Royal Blue and Yellow.  I also think the logo is improved with the silver outlines as it makes it look less flat.  The red eye is also a nice touch that stands out better on Navy.

That being said, I thought it was great when they used royal blue for an alternate look.  This would be the ideal Sabres set in my opinion...
sFruZqt.jpg

Look at those stripes, though. I could live with the silver if they could show some sense or restraint about when to use it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg

Greatest hockey alternate ever. The sleeves are wacky (they look better on the ice), but I love the gradient. It looks like blood in the ocean, the orca ready to feast. They should bring this back as an alternate/throwback. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

image.jpeg

Greatest hockey alternate ever. The sleeves are wacky (they look better on the ice), but I love the gradient. It looks like blood in the ocean, ready to feast. They should bring this back as an alternate/throwback. 

 

I mean... I guess...

 

Isles gotta bring back this one though, as an alternate. It's kind of a retro-cool jersey now, that I've never truly hated.

islanders.jpg

 

In fact, I'd dare to say I've always liked those jerseys, minus the wavy fonts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

The NY Giants' white pants aren't good. The helmet and blue jersey are very plain and traditional, while the white pants with red, gray and blue stripes are showy and clash with the other elements. 

They are OK. But i find myself missing the grey pants. It was unique to the Giants.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ~Bear said:

image.jpeg

Greatest hockey alternate ever. The sleeves are wacky (they look better on the ice), but I love the gradient. It looks like blood in the ocean, the orca ready to feast. They should bring this back as an alternate/throwback. 

 

 

I have one of these with Carter 77

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

 

I mean... I guess...

 

Isles gotta bring back this one though, as an alternate. It's kind of a retro-cool jersey now, that I've never truly hated.

islanders.jpg

 

In fact, I'd dare to say I've always liked those jerseys, minus the wavy fonts.

Aren't you too young to have actually seen these in action?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ZionEagle said:

Unpopular Opinion: I actually liked the Buffaslug.

 

Go ahead, you all can kill me now...

 

 

I own one!

 

I think the bulk of the slug hatred had to do with what it replaced. For an expansion team its a decent logo/uniform set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ZionEagle said:

Unpopular Opinion: I actually liked the Buffaslug.

 

Go ahead, you all can kill me now...

Honestly, I liked the jersey. Logo not so much, but I would have been happy with them putting some version calling it a day. Would have been, and should have been, replaced by now but wouldn't have been terrible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.