Pack to ride the white jersey in Dallas?

lahaye7

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the topic here seems to have strayed from the original topic of Packers jerseys, but as a Packer fan when I think of the Packers wearing white in Dallas, I cant help but think of all those mid '90s playoff games where Favre and company could never get over the hurdle and beat Dallas while wearing white, so Im not liking the choice of white in Dalas, but then again, those werent superbowl games and it's all superstition anyways. wear whatever the f* you want.

Dallas was likely wearing white at home. Packers were likely wearing green, which they will be wearing Sunday. Just so we're clear.

167189_10150136130820435_637250434_8480243_8106831_n.jpg

166606_10150136068970435_637250434_8479624_4833000_n.jpg

It's official. GREEN Bay it is.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Packers won't be wearing any jersey in Dallas on Super Bowl Sunday.

Yes, I'm a whiny Arlington resident. I voted against the stadium but have to help pay for it tax. The Super Bowl is in Arlington.

Yeah, good luck with that. Oh, and get a mass transit system and I'll take your town a little more seriously.

newsig.jpg

Yes, I'm a whiny Arlington resident. I voted against the stadium but have to help pay for it tax. The Super Bowl is in Arlington.

When the Cowboys change thier name to the Arlington Cowboys, then Ill acknowledge that their games are played in Arlington. So as far as I know, The Dallas Cowboys play their home games in Dallas, Tx. So there.

When the Cowboys change thier name to the Arlington Cowboys, then Ill acknowledge that their games are played in Arlington. So as far as I know, The Dallas Cowboys play their home games in Dallas, Tx. So there.

That's fu*king stupid.

They're the Dallas Cowboys, but they DO play in Arlington, and before that they played in Irving. They haven't played in Dallas since the 60's.

The Washington Redskins play in Landover

The New York Giants & Jets play in East Rutherford, NJ

The Detroit Lions for years played in Pontiac

The Los Angeles Rams played in Anaheim

The Buffalo Bills play in Orchard Park

Just because a team carries the nearest large city's name doesn't mean you get to ignore where they actually play.

So there.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

This reminds me of playing the original John Madden Football for the Super Nintendo and the Jets and Raiders were the "New Jersey Jets" and "Oakland Raiders" respectively... let that sink in for a while.

Actually, IIRC they were just "New Jersey" and "Oakland." They didn't have a NFL or NFLPA license so they could only refer to the teams by city (and players by number). They basically did that to avoid having to call them "New York-A" and "Los Angeles-A". I think some of the early NHL games referred to the Islanders as "Long Island" for the same reason.

Then why could they feature Denver, Pittsburgh, New England, etc? Wouldn't they run into the same problem then? I think the Long Island Islanders was in the NHL '93 version. But I remember thinking they were a secret team, and then laughing when I found out otherwise.

No, because they were not using their nicknames or logos. As long as they only referred to the team by a generic location name there were no licensing issues involved.

Hmmm, I would figure that they could still complain ever without the logos or name, because the jerseys/sprites were identical to their NFL counterparts. I mean if someone used an exact replica of the Broncos uniform now, removed the logo and name, reproduced it in a video game or on the field (even with a different horse-logo or logo period), that the Broncos let's say, could come after them.

You have an interesting concept of the word "identical." If these jerseys are "identical" to NFL ones, then Madden would have to use pink and yellow jerseys, because all the other possibilities would be identical to NFL ones.

barry-sanders-420.jpg

(if anyone's curious, that is supposedly Barry Sanders)

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived