2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

why is the marlins logo so big on the hat?

8762c33c24e5520d7c9efc8a0229f83d-getty-140082271.jpg

Doesn't look bad to me, I like it. I just wish the jersey sleeves and pant stripe had also incorporated a black stripe to better mesh with the hat.

The simple orange stripes are one of the things I love about this set.

The cap and wordmark are so busy, simple one-color piping is the perfect accent.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why is the marlins logo so big on the hat?

8762c33c24e5520d7c9efc8a0229f83d-getty-140082271.jpg

Doesn't look bad to me, I like it. I just wish the jersey sleeves and pant stripe had also incorporated a black stripe to better mesh with the hat.

The simple orange stripes are one of the things I love about this set.

The cap and wordmark are so busy, simple one-color piping is the perfect accent.

Without the black hat being worn, I would completely agree. Possibly the orange hat would look better with this set, IMO. But with the black hat worn, the simple orange stripes just seem off to me. I'd love to have seen a 1-orange/1-black stripe combo on both the sleeves and pant legs.

I wouldn't mind the hat as much if the logo was slightly smaller, and then remove that fish and just have the "M". It would be much more balanced.

any smaller and it looks funny to me, the logo is smaller on adjustable hats and they just off too me.

i think they should wear the orange hat with the white uniforms, that combo looks very nice

True2OB.png

I wouldn't mind the hat as much if the logo was slightly smaller, and then remove that fish and just have the "M". It would be much more balanced.

Orange for home and alt and black for road to me might be the best option.

^This. And ironically enough, the shop at MLB.com lists the orange cap as the road cap. Very interesting.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

^This. And ironically enough, the shop at MLB.com lists the orange cap as the road cap. Very interesting.

I'm sure they will mix and match eventually and figure out that orange at home works very well. I like it when a team has caps specifically for home, and caps specifically for road (A's, Tigers for example).

Go A's!

The thing about the orange cap with the home white is that the white M on the cap makes it seem a little off with the uniforms, which feature black lettering. I think it'd be a nice alternative for a game every now and then, but might look too awkward for a regular to semiregular basis, at least with the current design. If the M were black then it would look pretty sweet, or if the jersey lettering on at least the front were orange. And the orange cap does not go with the road uniform at all. Too much black and little to no orange. I know it's just how the online shop lists it, but I don't think we'd see that combo.

The thing about the orange cap with the home white is that the white M on the cap makes it seem a little off with the uniforms, which feature black lettering. I think it'd be a nice alternative for a game every now and then, but might look too awkward for a regular to semiregular basis, at least with the current design. If the M were black then it would look pretty sweet, or if the jersey lettering on at least the front were orange. And the orange cap does not go with the road uniform at all. Too much black and little to no orange. I know it's just how the online shop lists it, but I don't think we'd see that combo.

We don't even know if the Marlins are using the Orange hat at all. It was never shown at the brand unveiling.

They could be waiting until a later promotion to unveil them. As much as I want them to, for now I'm under the assumption that the Marlins are not using them.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

We don't even know if the Marlins are using the Orange hat at all. It was never shown at the brand unveiling.

They could be waiting until a later promotion to unveil them. As much as I want them to, for now I'm under the assumption that the Marlins are not using them.

Orange hat or not, this still looks like crap. I agree with Gothamite that the piping is a saving grace but that wordmark is all kinds of suck. Alone the M is awesome but when paired with "IAMI" in a different style it looks amateurish. Don't even get me started on the white script road uni's that'll last a year.

I've tried, and I just can't get behind this look. With the quirky ballpark and the new duds they should've changed the nickname too; these aren't the Marlins anymore, this is a completely different team.

I think it was said that whoever wore the orange jersey grabbed a black cap by mistake but that the orange cap is part of the set.

Via Twitter:

MLB gave Astros go-ahead to put pistol on Colt .45 jersey if they want. They'll decide by tomorrow and announce.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Finally the PC police lose one!

Seriously? :rolleyes:

Nevermind that many of us who are usually branded as "PC police" (a term used by weak-minded people who can't take a dissenting point of view at face-value, but I digress) didn't have a problem with the gun and thought it was hypocritical to ban it under the guise of "family friendliness" with all the ads for beer and impotence erectile dysfunction drugs kids can see at any ballpark.

Nevermind that many of us who are usually branded as "PC police" (a term used by weak-minded people who can't take a dissenting point of view at face-value, but I digress)

Seriously?? :rolleyes:

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Nevermind that many of us who are usually branded as "PC police" (a term used by weak-minded people who can't take a dissenting point of view at face-value, but I digress) didn't have a problem with the gun and thought it was hypocritical to ban it under the guise of "family friendliness" with all the ads for beer and impotence erectile dysfunction drugs kids can see at any ballpark.

It sounds like you agree with me, so I'm not really sure what your point is. Clearly you weren't one of the PC police in this scenario so I don't know why you'd be offended.

90758391980.gif

I agree with the orange at home. They need to embrace their funky fisherman's rainbow dreamland a little bit more. Plus I think the black would look look better on road greys ...

Archived