2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I'm just surprised they were able to get away with a uniform with a huge gun on the front. Not "then," but "now."

Oh my, a big bad gun! What a terrible shame!

I'm surprised "now", people still think it's ok to buy counterfeit things knowing they are counterfeit. I mean, who would do something like that?

2ly2w09.jpg

Only thing I notice is that the Mets should be using the lighter royal blue. And don't the Rangers use the darker shade? Might be questions for ColorWerx.

I can't tell you about the official style guides, but based on the caps New Era produces, the answer is Yes and Yes.

Mets use the lighter Blue Jays and Brewers royal, while the Rangers wear the same shade as the Dodgers and Cubs.

Only thing I notice is that the Mets should be using the lighter royal blue. And don't the Rangers use the darker shade? Might be questions for ColorWerx.

I can't tell you about the official style guides, but based on the caps New Era produces, the answer is Yes and Yes.

Mets use the lighter Blue Jays and Brewers royal, while the Rangers wear the same shade as the Dodgers and Cubs.

That's very interesting. I wish I had some official New Era color specs (I have general color swatch sheets, but not specific color info)...in print and textiles, the Mets and Rangers use the same Blue, the Dodgers and Cubs use the same Blue, and the Blue Jays and Brewers throwback Blue are the same.

The Cubs' home caps have never matched the blue alt jerseys. When they went to a darker blue for their BPs, they at least matched. They weren't even that far off from the regular cap. (Side note: Antigua's Cubs merch all matches the cap color perfectly, but the two sweatshirts and shirt I have look more navy than royal.) Looking at their current BP cap and a home 5950, it seems that the BP is slightly lighter. I have no idea about the current BP jerseys, but my guess is they appear even lighter. Not sure if that helps.

What Gothamite said about the New Era cap shades is accurate. Going to the lighter royal would probably help the Cubs' mismatch issues.

And nice graphic, jayjackson3.

Wow, I'm just surprised they were able to get away with a uniform with a huge gun on the front. Not "then," but "now."

Oh my, a big bad gun! What a terrible shame!

Oh calm down, he didn't say there was anything wrong with the gun being on there.

I wanted to share this with everyone. If I am missing one (or a few) please let me know.

7013141291_4ab2f66f15_b.jpg

This is really good but unfortunately it reminds me how little variety there is in baseball when it comes to colors. All but 4 teams wear red, blue, or black. :(

I wanted to share this with everyone. If I am missing one (or a few) please let me know.

This is really good but unfortunately it reminds me how little variety there is in baseball when it comes to colors. All but 4 teams wear red, blue, or black. :(

But who cares how much variety is in the BP uniforms?

spacer.png

Looking at this, aren't the A's the only team that don't feature one of those 3 colors? Unless you mean a combination of at least two of the three

And the A's had a black alternate jersey until last year.

Although if you're going to lump all shades of red or blue together, wouldn't that also mean that all but 4 NFL clubs would be included in the "so little variety" complaint? And all but 2 NHL franchises, and what, something like 2 (again!) NBA teams?

Where's this mythical league so full of non-red, black or blue chromatic diversity?

Archived