2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know why but I hate the indians in cream and the block hat although i love their road jersey . They had a flawless look in the 90's that they should go back to. this is what i think the indians should look like

090910-Jim-Thome-03.jpg

indians_road_big.jpg

9707.jpg

That's what I'm sayin! The uniforms had never looked better than in the late 90's and early 00's when the Indians were a powerhouse. Along the way to today all the organization has done is make tweaks for the sake of making changes.

And there's nothin' slicker than that Manny Ramirez photo in those blue alternates

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

This jersey was better:

2145684_1_l.jpg

Nope. Current roads are much better. That Cleveland script just looks too cartoonish.

Agreed. I never liked that script on the road jerseys (to be honest, I've never much cared for the home script either.) I think the Tribe's new primary road jerseys are among the best in baseball. If I had my way, the Indians would be wearing the cream block jerseys with the blue block C hat as their home primaries.

BB52Big.jpg

The new Giants road uniforms are a tragedy. There was nothing wrong at all with the old ones. In fact, they were one of the best road uniforms in baseball, and these do nothing to improve them. Ugh. I hate when teams :censored: with a look for no reason.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The new Giants road uniforms are a tragedy. There was nothing wrong at all with the old ones. In fact, they were one of the best road uniforms in baseball, and these do nothing to improve them. Ugh. I hate when teams :censored: with a look for no reason.

It's absolutely baffling that they made a new gray road alternate with unique piping and striping, and immediately changed the road jersey to match the new road alt. What the hell's the point?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

What I don't get is why do the Angels have the same logo on BOTH sleeve patches? Pick one and go with it.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

ap-201204032308833395598.jpg

ap-201204032303829805580.jpg

Definite downgrade. Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but I'm thinking this is them gradually making their way towards making the SF alternate the primary roadie within a couple of years.

The SF version is fine as an alternate, but why the hell did they have to f--- with one of the best roadies in the game? And why make it the same as the alt except with San Francisco instead of the SF? Now the two are so similar that is basically pointless, about as much as the Pirates alt cap.

This actually wouldn't be a big deal if they just nixed the black piping on the collar/chest.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

It's absolutely baffling that they made a new gray road alternate with unique piping and striping, and immediately changed the road jersey to match the new road alt. What the hell's the point?

Not to pile on, but I'm absolutely going to pile on...

Why on Earth do you go from the possibility of having two of the best looking road jerseys in baseball to one really great looking road jersey (the SF road alt) and one jersey that looks absolutely ridiculous? That piping ruined their primary road jersey. It reminds me of those mistake jerseys you can buy at Gabriel Brothers for 3.99. You know, the ones where it's a combination of two different teams on the same jersey?

They're are just f-ing awful. So awful in fact that my girlfriend came downstairs while I was watching the game and her second question was "What did the Giants do to their jerseys?" Oddly enough, her first question was "Is Buster Posey back?" I had no idea she even knew he was out last season. (She likes to talk uniforms, which is incredibly cool, but the only sport she knows well is NASCAR. Yeah, I don't get it either... B) )

BB52Big.jpg

Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous:

078952ec766705a8b40aafc3788dd7ff-getty-142475418.jpg

284b88e36ce48c33d04dad5a74e37e5a-getty-142475235.jpg

d0cf99d7c7772fe1dcf8b5507283856b-getty-142479634.jpg

To the New York Mets:

Please for the love of god, do not deviate from these again. This is how the Mets are supposed to look.

The pinstripes are only primary home for the 50th Anniversary this year (or so I believe), with the piping whites as alts. They're supposedly swapping designations again next year, which I feel is the right move. Let the primary homes and roads match with the piping and let the "throwback" pinstripes be weekend or day game alts.

Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous:

078952ec766705a8b40aafc3788dd7ff-getty-142475418.jpg

284b88e36ce48c33d04dad5a74e37e5a-getty-142475235.jpg

d0cf99d7c7772fe1dcf8b5507283856b-getty-142479634.jpg

To the New York Mets:

Please for the love of god, do not deviate from these again. This is how the Mets are supposed to look.

Are those uniforms white or cream?

A very light cream.

spacer.png

Maybe they want to test out two jerseys with the same striping/piping patterns and decide which one works better as the primary road.

Archived