2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

I dont know why but I hate the indians in cream and the block hat although i love their road jersey . They had a flawless look in the 90's that they should go back to. this is what i think the indians should look like

090910-Jim-Thome-03.jpg

indians_road_big.jpg

9707.jpg

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the Rays' abominations, and the Red Sox' lack of red as a focal point and green as a secondary color instead of navy.

This. *runs for the hills*

*Grabs shotgun, chases Piratesfan*

Well, I'm about to state what I'm sure are going to be three unpopular opinions...so I may as well get started.

1. I like the Braves blue alts. I like them a lot. Sue me. B)

2. I don't like the team, but I think the Red Sox have one of the best looks in the league. We really need to get over all this "if they're the Red Sox, they need to emphasize the red" attitude. Their name is the Red Sox, not the Red Uniforms. As long as they get the socks right, they're representing their name. I also like the simplicity of their road look. Sue me. B)

3. I thought the Padres looked good. I especially liked the gold trim. Granted, the Padres uniforms aren't terribly exciting, but they're hardly the disasters they're made out to be around here.

And I don't care where I'm seeing them, be it in person, on TV, or fans wearing them in the stands, those red Indians hats look like broke-ass Wal-Mart knock offs. They're ugly and they ruin an otherwise great look.

OK, I guess that's four opinions but I'm reasonably sure that I'm not in the minority on the Indians red hats. B)

Thank you.

spacer.png

The red Indians hat is the ugliest cap in baseball, doesn't make sense within the Indians identity, and somehow makes the cream uniforms look even worse than they already are, which is why it doesn't surprise me to hear that it's popular in Cleveland.

The navy blue hat with the red c that they now wear on the road looked....not terrible with the cream uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

1. I have no problem with the BoSox having their road being primarily navy, but other than the socks (which is a given), they're completely devoid of red, which looks terrible. Would it kill them to out a red outline on the script/numbers?
  2. I for one detest the cursive "Indains" script, and I thought the cursive J I looked horrendous on a hat.
  3. The Giants killed their roads
  4. Here are some cool shots of the redone exterior of the SkyDome

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

1. I have no problem with the BoSox having their road being primarily navy, but other than the socks (which is a given), they're completely devoid of red, which looks terrible. Would it kill them to out a red outline on the script/numbers?
  2. I for one detest the cursive "Indains" script, and I thought the cursive J I looked horrendous on a hat.

Yes, that would look spectacular.

As it stands, it's my opinion that the current roads are better than the previous.

spacer.png

If the Indians want to start phasing out their Chief Wahoo hats that's all fine and well, but I think they need a better option than the block C they've been going with now. I'd take a hat with a C with some tribal feathers or something any day over that boring block C.

I'd keep the block C on the caps, and replace Wahoo on the sleeves with a block C/tribal feathers combo.

Yes, that would look spectacular.

As it stands, it's my opinion that the current roads are better than the previous.

+1

The Red Sox have always worn a primarily navy road except 1972-1978 and 1990-2008.

The O's white panel caps look decent in action, better than I thought they would. But they still seem too casual. They seem more like fashion, spring training, or warm-up caps than caps that should be worn regularly in official games.

EDIT: Oh, and their helmets are also white-paneled. I could have sworn they didn't have white-paneled helmets in spring training.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous:

078952ec766705a8b40aafc3788dd7ff-getty-142475418.jpg

I know they moved the fences in, did the mets make the new fences blue? The black padding on the old fences with the orange home run line was so ugly.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived