Possible Change for Arizona State?

ShlyKBMT

Good God almighty, that looks terrible.

i almost feel like you shouldn't be able to respond to anything about arizona state

It's not a rivalry thing. That white jersey looks like a USC ripoff and I hate BFBS in all its forms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why am I not surprised? If it was red, white, and blue with the "A" on the helmet, you'd probably be lapping it up.

Is it safe to say that the PAC-12 is now possibly the best-dressed conference in the nation? All they need now is for Utah to ditch those weird side triangles, for Arizona to come out with a black/silver/anthracite combo with orange trim to piss Kevin off, and for UCLA to bring back the serif numbers and they'll be solid from top to bottom.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Why am I not surprised? If it was red, white, and blue with the "A" on the helmet, you'd probably be lapping it up.

I'll criticize Arizona's uniforms when necessary. The ones we wore before this year were terrible compared to our new ones.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Without the helmets, the maroon with gold pants looked way too much like USC.

Pitchfork looks pretty cool. Much prefer the version used on the gold helmet without an outline.

Not into the black. I'm glad they didn't go with maroon numbers on the black jerseys, even if that meant they went with an idiotic fade effect.

The rationalizations for wearing black were kind of silly. If it's a color you only wore before there were facemasks, then there's no rationale other than "because it's the 'in' thing to do."

Pitchfork looks pretty cool. Much prefer the version used on the gold helmet without an outline.

Not into the black. I'm glad they didn't go with maroon numbers on the black jerseys, even if that meant they went with an idiotic fade effect.

The rationalizations for wearing black were kind of silly. If it's a color you only wore before there were facemasks, then there's no rationale other than "because it's the 'in' thing to do."

This. Completely agree. Not the best uniform, certainly no reason for me to say "OMG THAT'S SO SICK!!!!!11". I like the yellow helmet, like the uniforms except for all black.

Interesting how the number font is Florida State's number font with a couple of serifs. The pitchfork is essentially a ripoff of FSU's spear. Originality at its finest.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The uniforms might not be so bad if they remove the ASU from the sleeves. looks fugly!

Yeah, I definitely don't understand the "ASU" on the sleeves. But, overall I like the look. Not a fan of BFBS but those black unis are pretty nice looking. I like the pitchfork on the helmet but I'm not sure why they have the flames or whatever you want to call it under the pitchfork. I like the sleeve stripes...they're different.

gYH2mW9.png

...I'm glad they didn't go with maroon numbers on the black jerseys, even if that meant they went with an idiotic fade effect.

That pretty much sums up my opinion on the football uniforms as well. That pitchfork is AWESOME & both helmets look great, but it's a shame that in their primary uniforms, they basically look like a modernized USC from the neck down whenever they choose to wear yellow pants.

The ASU on the sleeves looks terrible. I didn't mind the black uniform (I can tolerate BFBS on one condition: If it actually looks good. There's a difference between Florida State's BFBS & the New York Mets' BFBS: FSU's looks good, while the Mets look like crap in black.), but the ASU on the sleeves ruined it. Not only did it ruin the black uniform, but it also took the primary uniforms down a notch as well. Put some numbers there & they'd have a pretty good uniform, but right now, it's not working for 'em at all.

So yeah, I like some things about the football uniforms, but I'm not about to give it an "A" grade. The other sports look pretty solid, though!

U of A fans have got to be laughing.

White the pitchfork logo is semi-decent, the uniforms, ALL OF THEM, are atrocious!

I'm definitely laughing, but I'm also scared about what's coming from Nike for us. Our AD toured the Nike facilities last year, so I know it's only a matter of time before we get one of these university-wide rebrandings. We have great uniforms all around, and I would hate for Nike to ruin them.

...I'm glad they didn't go with maroon numbers on the black jerseys, even if that meant they went with an idiotic fade effect.

That pretty much sums up my opinion on the football uniforms as well. That pitchfork is AWESOME & both helmets look great, but it's a shame that in their primary uniforms, they basically look like a modernized USC from the neck down whenever they choose to wear yellow pants.

The ASU on the sleeves looks terrible. I didn't mind the black uniform (I can tolerate BFBS on one condition: If it actually looks good. There's a difference between Florida State's BFBS & the New York Mets' BFBS: FSU's looks good, while the Mets look like crap in black.), but the ASU on the sleeves ruined it. Not only did it ruin the black uniform, but it also took the primary uniforms down a notch as well. Put some numbers there & they'd have a pretty good uniform, but right now, it's not working for 'em at all.

So yeah, I like some things about the football uniforms, but I'm not about to give it an "A" grade. The other sports look pretty solid, though!

I'll be interested to see if they make a few tweaks to the sets prior to the season based on fan reactions. I wouldn't expect major overhauls...but something like replacing "ASU" with numbers is definitely within the realm of possibility if enough people bash it.

gYH2mW9.png

That fade looks awful.

But other than that, I think this is a decent rebrand, it definitely appeals to a younger audience. I think the all black is passable maybe once a season.. but once (if) they start mixing the other pant colors with the black jersey... ugh. That thought makes me cringe. The identity of the pitchfork is interesting, it looks incredibly modern when contrasted to the cartoony, arguably outdated sparky mascot.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen that new, updated sparky logo like was originally advertised? I hate to see him go completely.

Archived