Possible Change for Arizona State?

ShlyKBMT

EPIC FAIL

Perhaps it's best to edit that statement before some of the word-nazis on here go bananas :P

Nah, I'm going to let them foam at the mouth. :P

Arizona State had one of the best, if not the best, uniforms in the NCAA. The pitchfork should have been a third jersey helmet. Sparky is a much better identity, and though he is still in the overall identity, he should remain the primary logo. What really made Arizona State's identity stand out were its colors, and the black jersey takes that away, (not to mention its going to be hell to wear those in the Arizona sun).

I stand by my epic fail.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should have used a single trident down the middle.

24881779.jpg

Ah, Springville High! Located just about 35 or so minutes south from where I'm at, I've got a few friends who attend there. They're usually considered to have the best helmets in Utah, and even though I'm not a fan of ASU's pitchfork, it wouldnt have been a bad idea to try this out. I might have actually liked it, considering how much I love Springville's helmets.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I am one who hates just adding black, but ASU at least in womens volleyball has used black over the years. I don't have any huge issues with the uniforms at all. I like the new pitchfork and I am one who loves Sparky as a helmet logo. There's a cleaness to these uniforms and that I like.

I'm surprised that Nike didn't give them the Hyper Elites. I guess those only go to good programs.

I'm surprised it took you this long to say something negative about the program.

I had to get at least one dig in. :grin:

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

"Sun Devil Bold"

asu1.jpg

asu2.jpg

They'll be getting a call from some lawyers in Akron soon.

Kind of sad they had to rip off a MAC school

Or maybe some lawyers in Tallahassee. They're using the number style that FSU uses on their football uniforms.

Yeah I noticed the 3? I think, looked exactly like FSU.

Or maybe some lawyers in Tallahassee. They're using the number style that FSU uses on their football uniforms.

I'm pretty sure that FSU's number font is also Nike-created.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like the idea of the trident more than I actually like it. Mostly because they used a trident with a little dinky handle. It would've looked better if it wrapped farther around the back ala FSU's spear. Also, matte helmets suck, and black uniforms in Arizona are a bad idea, they're an even worse idea when it's not one of your colors.

PvO6ZWJ.png

"Sun Devil Bold"

asu1.jpg

asu2.jpg

Yeah I noticed the 3? I think, looked exactly like FSU.

Yeah I really hate that they've used those numbers for ASU.

FSU2.gif

"Sun Devil Bold"

asu1.jpg

asu2.jpg

Schools can sue over fonts? I wasn't aware that they actually OWNED them. I figured they just paid the to use them.

6uXNWAo.png

I'm cool with the idea of having the fork logo on the helmet but im not digging the new version of it, too much goin on.

Also, I dont like the gradient color choice in the numbers and the lack of cohesiveness with the uniform set as a whole.

I know its not exactly the same but those away basketball jerseys uniforms look like the cavs.

206519_10150150100916854_22208101853_7132919_220064_n.jpg

559f1cd02f1d0460158dc026a223e3dd-getty-109009525mw022_foot_locker_.jpg

Yeah I instantly thought of the Cavs when I saw these new uni's... Overall I think they have some nice potential, but the font seems soooo small.

I would have gone "Arizona" over the numbers, "State" under the numbers. For the home one just make the font bigger.

Well, the Sun Devils are the Cavaliers of the Pac 10/12 in basketball :rolleyes:

Overall, they just seem kind of average. Maybe a slight upgrade(The uniforms that they wore the last few years were very bland), but not much more.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I think the fact that half the posters in this thread keep referring to ASU's new logo as a "trident" is pretty telling in itself. That said...

559f1cd02f1d0460158dc026a223e3dd-getty-109009525mw022_foot_locker_.jpg

I know this thread is about Arizona State's new brand, nut...can somebody tell me what's going on with Booger's socks there??? :blink:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived