Possible Change for Arizona State?

ShlyKBMT

Without the helmets, the maroon with gold pants looked way too much like USC.

Pitchfork looks pretty cool. Much prefer the version used on the gold helmet without an outline.

Not into the black. I'm glad they didn't go with maroon numbers on the black jerseys, even if that meant they went with an idiotic fade effect.

The rationalizations for wearing black were kind of silly. If it's a color you only wore before there were facemasks, then there's no rationale other than "because it's the 'in' thing to do."

This. Completely agree. Not the best uniform, certainly no reason for me to say "OMG THAT'S SO SICK!!!!!11". I like the yellow helmet, like the uniforms except for all black.

Interesting how the number font is Florida State's number font with a couple of serifs. The pitchfork is essentially a ripoff of FSU's spear. Originality at its finest.

2 seasons in these uniforms at the most until they go back to the late 90's rose bowl unis and sparky makes his triumphant return

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I really don't get is why isn't there a gold alt? It's one of Arizona State's colors and they wouldn't have to come up with some goofy rationale about how they had black helmets before the facemask was invented. Besides, having billions of uniforms makes recruits want to play for you, right?

Guys, for the millionth time, Nike doesn't just give schools uniforms and force them to wear them, the school probably had people design them or approve the designs from Nike. Stop the Nike hate, blame ASU for these

(which aren't really that bad)

What I really don't get is why isn't there a gold alt?

I asked the same thing. It makes no sense not to have one.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

People would call it an Oregon rip off

But seriously, yellow helmet, yellow jersey, red pants would look a lot better than all black

Plus, it's not like there's a limit on the number of uniforms you can wear or anything like that. If ASU was gonna "OK" a black uniform, why not introduce a gold uni as well if you're gonna go nutso. :P

People would call it an Oregon rip off

But seriously, yellow helmet, yellow jersey, red pants would look a lot better than all black

When was the last time ASU wore yellow?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Here is a link to the "It's Time" Press Page, where it has galleries of the uniforms and the marks along with statements, design videos, style guides, costs for the ad campaign etc.

Here are a few of the things I figured those in the community would be interested in:

New Branding Style Guide

Nike Senior Graphic Designer discusses the new look for the Sun Devils:

http://vimeo.com/22255145

Nike's Creative Director for football and baseball discusses the look:

Nike video package shown during unveiling:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The good:

New fonts

Pitchfork striping

Basketball & Baseball unis are great

The bad:

ASU on the sleeves

No gold alternate

Helmet (it looks fine but Sparky was awesome)

For the black alts I love that color combination, unfortunately maroon is grossly underused on the basketball and football alts. So that's alright.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Thank you. That'll definitely help me in designing the Wikipedia image.

Here is a link to the "It's Time" Press Page, where it has galleries of the uniforms and the marks along with statements, design videos, style guides, costs for the ad campaign etc.

Here are a few of the things I figured those in the community would be interested in:

New Branding Style Guide

Nike Senior Graphic Designer discusses the new look for the Sun Devils:

http://vimeo.com/22255145

Nike's Creative Director for football and baseball discusses the look:

Nike video package shown during unveiling:

Nike forced the athletes to want black as a color lol

See, it's not all Nike folks

...And for the love of god, WHY BLACK??!!????

Go back up a couple posts and watch the videos in my links. Nike's Graphic Designer and the Creative Director talk about why they wanted black.

Apparently the athletes said black looked good. The designer says that black is not a color, it's an attitude (go where you want with that), and that not many schools could pull off black but they think ASU could.

As for me, I'm gonna give this some time to digest. As a student, I think it's badass, but I do have my reservations. So I'm gonna wait and pull it all in before I make my verdict.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The designer says that black is not a color, it's an attitude

Oy gevalt...

Archived