2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

Would be nice if they got rid of all the extra slashes around the arms. Simple sash and Adidas stripes on shoulder would suffice.

Unfortunately, Adidas rarely does simple.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the Galaxy, Fire and Impact have all been pretty good so far. The Crew, on the other hand, look like :censored:. Maybe Adidas is finally stepping their game up.

I doubt it, though. Not everyone can be Germany Marseille.

Fixed. ^_^

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Here's an additional photo from the Facebook page showing some detail on the collar.

395319_10150472757627035_9893397034_8947818_1153582984_n.jpg

The sash is back! love it!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Here's an additional photo from the Facebook page showing some detail on the collar.

I love sashes on football shirts soooo much, but shouldn't there be three stars for the three MLS cups they've won?

spacer.png

I love sashes on football shirts soooo much, but shouldn't there be three stars for the three MLS cups they've won?

Thats for next season, if they dont repeat as MLS Cup Champions. They wear the MLS Scudetto for this season.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Thats for next season, if they dont repeat as MLS Cup Champions. They wear the MLS Scudetto for this season.

Completely missed the Scudetto.

spacer.png

Or... Adidas outbid by upstart American firm and trying to save face. Still one of the top 5 clubs worldwide for kit sales and their biggest client in the EPL but they wouldn't pay the going rate.

liverpool-1.png

I wouldn't overpay like Warrior did either. All that means is Nike will be upping the money they pay out to United, Arsenal and Barca due to the new level set by Warrior. And if they flame out of soccer like Canterbury did it'll still make adidas overpay to outfit the Reds again. I'm just wondering what the fans will have to pay to wear the new stuff. As much as I like Under Armour, they charge way too much for replica gear in relation to Nike and adidas.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Or... Adidas outbid by upstart American firm and trying to save face. Still one of the top 5 clubs worldwide for kit sales and their biggest client in the EPL but they wouldn't pay the going rate.

Adidas signed the deal when Liverpool where consistent qualifiers for the champions league. They have already missed out for a couple of seasons and look likely to for another season. So it's fair for Adidas to ask for a lower contract number.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I'm just wondering what the fans will have to pay to wear the new stuff. As much as I like Under Armour, they charge way too much for replica gear in relation to Nike and adidas.

Just did a quick price match

Nike England Rugby replica jersey direct from RFU £55

Under Armour Wales Rugby replica jersey direct from WRU £49

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Yeah, this smacks more than a little of "I didn't want to date that supermodel, anyway!"

That Galaxy shirt is WAY too busy. Too much stuff going on for one shirt. It's really a shame that Adidas managed to downgrade LA's kit in the process of bringing the sash back.

I'm just wondering what the fans will have to pay to wear the new stuff. As much as I like Under Armour, they charge way too much for replica gear in relation to Nike and adidas.

I was thinking in terms of soccer, but you did bring up a good point. Nike rugby is WAY overated as far as cost. Especially their England range.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I was thinking in terms of soccer, but you did bring up a good point. Nike rugby is WAY overated as far as cost. Especially their England range.

Well I don't suppose there is much call for Aris Thessaloniki shirts in the US! UA's soccer output is tiny right now.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Yeah, this smacks more than a little of "I didn't want to date that supermodel, anyway!"

There is a huge difference between being outbid by a rival and being outbid by an upstart. Nike outbids them, yeah time to try to save some face. But Adidas isnt going to pay man u money for Liverpool. Warrior has to outbid everyone and it may be worth it to them. But the world's #1 soccer brand doesn't stay that way by overpaying for licenses.

Same thing happens in the us for colleges. Northwestern is worth more to UA than they are to Adidas. Sure Adidas got "outbid" but they made a sound business decision.

Northwestern is worth more to UA than they are to Adidas. Sure Adidas got "outbid" but they made a sound business decision.

Wait, Northwestern is a UA school now? Oh, this could get ugly very quickly. And just when they had fixed their football uniforms, for the most part.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As long as Northwestern holds their foot down there shouldn't be an issue. They already wear a design similar to Auburn so hopefully UA keeps it like that. But I would expect them to wear a newer design. But back to soccer, Fox Soccer should be using their theme not the NFL's. It was surreal watching Fox Soccer's opening graphics with NFL Football theme. Fix this before the Champions League final!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived