2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting tweet from Portland Timbers owner Merritt Paulson today:

@MerrittPaulson Finalized 2013 kits today-tough as I like current so much. Pleased still. Hopefully no leaks; if so,at least decent image unlike past leaks

Interesting A) to see that kit designs are finalized this far in advance and B) that team owners care that much about leaks.

Interesting tweet from Portland Timbers owner Merritt Paulson today:

@MerrittPaulson Finalized 2013 kits today-tough as I like current so much. Pleased still. Hopefully no leaks; if so,at least decent image unlike past leaks

Interesting A) to see that kit designs are finalized this far in advance and B) that team owners care that much about leaks.

interesting indeed! thanks for sharing.

wish I'd get some news on LA Galaxy's new uni(s)... Not even a rumor around at this point.

Galaxy will got only new home shirt. In that time list of MLS teams who change uni (except that teams who showed new uni):

FC Dallas H/A

Chivas H

Chicago Fire H/A

Real Salt Lake City H/A/T(?)

San Jose Earthquarke H/A/T(?)

Toronto FC A

About Timbers, no leaks? Yeah for real?! I think leaks will show in Ferbuary/March maybe April, that normal thing.

4r2eer.png

I wouldn't be surprised if the Fire's only change is adding a shirt sponsor. They've got one of the simplest uniforms in the league. There isn't much to change.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Galaxy will got only new home shirt. In that time list of MLS teams who change uni (except that teams who showed new uni):

FC Dallas H/A

Chivas H

Chicago Fire H/A

Real Salt Lake City H/A/T(?)

San Jose Earthquarke H/A/T(?)

Toronto FC A

About Timbers, no leaks? Yeah for real?! I think leaks will show in Ferbuary/March maybe April, that normal thing.

Add a Dynamo 3rd kit to that list, which will debut in May. According the a tweet by the GM, it will be another version of Orange.

Should be interesting. Neon Orange anyone?!?

NYCdog.png

It's amazing how much flak Nike gets for their crazy football uniforms, yet they have a consistent track record of making really great soccer kits. Why can't the people at Nike Soccer teach the people at Nike Football a thing or two?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Galaxy will got only new home shirt.

No no no i was hoping for a new road. I thought the home was the best in MLS

Well the sponsorship deal ends in a couple of days, if it's not renewed the G's and new sponsor might want to bring out 3 all new jerseys instead of just a new home/primary and an updated away/secondary and third.

I share your view that their current home is one of the best ever, especially the authentic version with thin watermarked sashes.

http://footballfashion.org/wordpress/2011/12/26/japan-adidas-201213-home-kit/

Adidas released Japan's new home kits. The women's kit is the same, except with a pink stripe instead of red, and a star (:evil: :evil:) above the crest.

Also, here's a rundown of the Euro 2012 kits: http://maofootball.wordpress.com/euro2012kits/

Newcastle kits just got a whole lot worse (sponsor wise)...they will wear these the remainder of the season to reflect their new sponsorship.

0,,10278~10355920,00.gif

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Newcastle kits just got a whole lot worse (sponsor wise)...they will wear these the remainder of the season to reflect their new sponsorship.

0,,10278~10355920,00.gif

Horrible. You'd think Virgin, paying all that money, would want to represent themselves better and create something that people will want to buy/wear.

Worst. It was bad when St James' became Sports Direct Arena. Now Northern Rock is gone, that sponsor was almost iconic as Samsung on a Chelsea jersey. Anyways the kicked the crap out of Man U today, so that's alright.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Worst. It was bad when St James' became Sports Direct Arena. Now Northern Rock is gone, that sponsor was almost iconic as Samsung on a Chelsea jersey. Anyways the kicked the crap out of Man U today, so that's alright.

:cursing: OK, got that out of the way... ^_^

The real iconic sponsorship in the Premier League to me was the Carlsberg sponsorship with Liverpool until the end of last season. The change for Newcastle was inevitable. I'm surprised they didn't change the sponsor when Northern Rock was on the brink of collapse during the financial crisis. I think the sponsor on the front would have been fine with "money" below the "Virgin". But for the record, I will always associate the club with "Newcastle Brown Ale" :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived