NashVille Predators New Logos

BLUELANDbeliever

OMGSTFUYWABAQWTFTBA

Oh my god, shut the :censored: up you whiney ass bitches and quit with the teeny bopper abbreviations.

Now, for my opinion...I like the unis, except for the splotch of color on the shoulders and the primary logo is bland and uninspiring. Do something with it...it looks incomplete.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see here,

Bitching about piping, CHECK

Bitching about template, CHECK

Bitching about wordmark, CHECK

Bitching about number font, CHECK

OITGDMFCCSLC

And for the record, I like them.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't "bitching" about minor design elements of sports logos/jerseys the entire point of this forum?

Hate the yellow streak down the center of the recoloured logo, and I always liked the silver component of the jerseys, if not the logo. The jerseys that we've seen are another edge piping disaster.

The bright yellow is a ballsy choice though.

So the thing that's "never been seen before" is that yellow will be a team's dark jersey.

And the placement of the wordmark. Also the guitar strings through the numbers.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

So the thing that's "never been seen before" is that yellow will be a team's dark jersey.

The rebrand that will include something that's "never been seen before" will occur in 2012. Last time I checked, it's still 2011.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not really

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Bruins/Bruins18.html

The rebrand that will include something that's "never been seen before" will occur in 2012. Last time I checked, it's still 2011.

It was the first thing that crossed my mind, too. Everything fits except the name change and the year.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

Not really

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Bruins/Bruins18.html

It was the first thing that crossed my mind, too. Everything fits except the name change and the year.

Taking a look at the 2011-2012 NHL Changes thread, the first post says the Predators will have new home and aways. So this change was clearly planned for 2011-12. Not like it was supposed to happen in 2012-13 but they bumped it up a year. And we still don't know if the jerseys in the pictures are the actual set that will be worn.

Another rebrand will happen next year that will fulfill the "never been seen before" promise. These new Predators jerseys aren't it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

WHOA! From Facebook:

Icethetics:

Looking for a serious jersey collector wanting to add the Predators' unused white jersey to their collection. Email me at icethetics@gmail.com. (I will not reply to comments.)

From icethetics:

I have some new independent information regarding the legitimacy of the above jerseys. While it's true these are not the final versions of the new design, I'm told spotting the differences would require a close look. Most important is that the colors are accurate. The home jersey will indeed be gold!
70389454.png

0624-nsh-originalplan.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1308936013162

OR

0623-nsh-jerseysleaked.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1308875834424

Which do you prefer?

Like the Gold over the Blue. The checkers on the Blue were a nice touch, but there is way too much Blue in the NHL now. The bright gold will be unique to the Preds.

Both aways were nice, I like the simplicity of the rejected white jersey, but again, blue is overdone.

70389454.png

0624-nsh-originalplan.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1308936013162

OR

0623-nsh-jerseysleaked.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1308875834424

Which do you prefer?

I'll take door #2, all day, err day.

Well done, Nashville. I've hated every jersey of theirs up until now. These, these are great.

And it's a unique change that doesn't really follow all the trends the NHL has been following (blue for blue's sake, faux old school, oversimplification, looking like something that's already out there [tampa is especially guilty of the last three])

oBIgzrL.png

Archived