NashVille Predators New Logos

BLUELANDbeliever

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that royal blue?

I wouldn't go that far at all. Here's what I think of with royal blue:

pantone2728c.jpg

The color of the new logo seems like a slightly lighter navy, but not richer in saturation enough to constitute relation to royal.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Great color scheme, great logo update. The pick logo looks great too. For some reason I like logos that make you question what they are or why they're on a uniform, like the "V" logo on Fresno State's helmets or the Avs' yeti foot logo.

The guitar pick logo is a smart move to market to the whole state. I'd like to see the Grizzlies do something similar in the future.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Here's a side-by-side

Preds.png

I wish they would have kept the eye more similar to the previous logo, the eye in the new logo looks a bit off.

I guess I'm surprised by all the positive remarks. I think it looks awful. Sure it had too many things going on and too many colors, but I think they went too far. It's like they sat down and said "Okay, we need to take these busy elements out." Then when they did said "Gee, now it looks too plain. Someone paint a yellow stripe across it." I can just hear comments about the Predators having a yellow streak.

The secondaries I like.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

Here's a side-by-side

Preds.png

I wish they would have kept the eye more similar to the previous logo, the eye in the new logo looks a bit off.

I guess I'm surprised by all the positive remarks. I think it looks awful. Sure it had too many things going on and too many colors, but I think they went too far. It's like they sat down and said "Okay, we need to take these busy elements out." Then when they did said "Gee, now it looks too plain. Someone paint a yellow stripe across it." I can just hear comments about the Predators having a yellow streak.

The secondaries I like.

Completely agree with this.

While I understand that lots of people had problems with the complexity/colors/whatever from the original logo, this "update" doesn't work for me. Without the silver (metallic) and beveling, all those oddly-shaped, dagger-like blue streaks don't make any sense. This is a recolor for the sake of a recolor, and it looks ridiculous to me.

What shape on the face is that long yellow arc supposed to denote? What the eff are with all those blue shapes? Are they shadows? Are they stripes? Few of the forms in this image are resolving logically.

Say what you will about the previous logo, but at least those shapes made sense stylistically and physically. Now they're just odd shapes floating inside a distorted saber-toothed cat head. To me, the previous logo worked because they went all out and embraced the metallic/mechano-cat look. By simply using the paint bucket and deleting a few elements while tweaking the colors, everything looks completely wrong.

The guitar pick is also, as others have said, way too gimmicky. What does it have to do with the Predators? I admire the effort to get the Tennessee three stars in there, but the guitar pick is silly and overly-contrived.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Previously it was one of the ugliest logos, ever. This shows how a simplification can refresh such a hideously over-detailed logo.

Great job by Nashville here. It's not an amazing logo, but it definitely isn't at the bottom of the pack any longer. And wow, it looks miles better than the previous logo--especially when placed side by side.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The new primary logo looks great. I was worried we were going to see a Tampa Bay-esque atrocity but this is an excellent simplification. Though I can't help wishing they had retained silver to a small degree. Navy, Yellow and Silver is a great combo that reflects the city flag. Lets hope they do something more original than Tampa when it comes to the jersey striping.

Archived