2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHAMPIONS OF THE PAC-12!!!

Pertty sure this is the first, and only time during my lifetime Colorado brings home a men's basketball conference championship.

And a great time to say Enjoy the NIT Mildcats! Ha!

Pertty sure this is the first, and only time during my lifetime Colorado brings home a men's basketball conference championship.

Cold hard lesson: Don't lose to teams with RPIs above 200 a week before selection Sunday.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Pretty sure this is the first, and only time during my lifetime Colorado brings home a men's basketball conference championship.

Not just Arizona, but I'm pretty sure the entire Pac-12 will be representing in the 'Not In Tournament'.

6uXNWAo.png

Could be a good night for the Land of Enchantment. New Mexico just beat San Diego State for the Mountain West, with New Mexico State going later on tonight for the WAC crown.

6uXNWAo.png

Could be a good night for the Land of Enchantment. New Mexico just beat San Diego State for the Mountain West, with New Mexico State going later on tonight for the WAC crown.

You need to go buy a lottery ticket...stat.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

You need to go buy a lottery ticket...stat.

It'll be 2-for-2 -- NMSU in the process of committing homicide on LA Tech, 38-20 at the half.

6uXNWAo.png

Ahh, Selection Sunday. The glorious beginning of the holy season that is March Madness.

Now, let's see how the committee decides to screw Mizzou. Should be a #1 seed, but they'll probably not be. I'd actually settle for a 2 in the Midwest (St. Louis) over a 1 in the West, but I have a feeling that they'd still screw them by making them a 2 somewhere else. Btw, no 30-win team from a power 6 conference has ever NOT gotten a 1-seed.

Kentucky, Syracuse, and UNC are all locks, likely in that order of seeding.

Mizzou has an excellent case for a #1, but you could also say today's Big Twelve Ten Champion has an excellent case, and the Big Ten was a tougher conference this season. I imagine that team will get the nod, fairly or not.

And Mizzou has only themselves to blame for that. They'd be a cinch for a #1 if they held onto the 19 point lead they had in Lawrence.

spacer.png

Kentucky, Syracuse, and UNC are all locks, likely in that order of seeding.

Mizzou has an excellent case for a #1, but you could also say today's Big Twelve Ten Champion has an excellent case, and the Big Ten was a tougher conference this season. I imagine that team will get the nod, fairly or not.

And Mizzou has only themselves to blame for that. They'd be a cinch for a #1 if they held onto the 19 point lead they had in Lawrence.

So going 30-4, splitting with KU (who needed OT to beat Mizzou in Lawrence aswear Mizzou beat KU in regulation) and Big 12 Tournament champions, is not good enough to remove the "blame" from losing in Lawrence? Losing twice to K-State, while not good by any means, is not really "bad" losses. Oklahoma State was a bad loss, but that was the only one. And it was on their home court.

If they're a 2 in the Midwest, I'll be fine. But no 1 and a 2 in any other region is just ridiculous.

I think it's a coin flip between Mizzou and KU. They've split games against each other, but Kansas' losses are better (to high-ranked Duke, Mizzou, UK, and Baylor), whereas Mizzou, as you noted, has lost to unranked teams twice (Oklahoma State and Kansas State).

I think sentiment is against Mizzou though, what with nearly killing the Big 12. Shouldn't count, but then, maybe it should.

Other random thoughts:

1. Duke seemed like a #1 lock all season long, but played themselves into a 2 instead. I wish my school had bad years like that.

2. Pac 12 should only have Colorado. I think Cal will sneak in, but they shouldn't. If UW makes it, I feel pretty confident they're out in the first (second) round.

3. Louisville is peaking at the right time. I think they now enter as a 4 or 5 and they definitely have the talent to go far.

4. We overlook mid-majors all season long, only to be surprised to see VCU and Butler in the Final Four. Are there any oter teams that have that kind of run in them this year?

5. I think of all of the projected 1 seeds, most should make the Final Four. Syracuse tends to break hearts, but I'm still rooting for them.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

With question #4, five teams come to mind: Creighton, Long Beach State, Murray State, St. Mary's and Wichita State.

Any of these teams are good enough to compete with any team in the nation that isn't in the top 15.

ABC had the player introductions at the SEC championship game. The only times CBS does that is the Final Four National Semifinals and the National Championship game. They don't do that for the Division II championship game anymore.

edit: added a "s"

Florida State, 47-31 on UNC, under 3 to go in the first half.

I haven't spoken on the Seminoles all season, just been sitting back and enjoying the show when I can. But Leonard Hamilton looks to have finally brought this program full-circle. The past two or three seasons, they've marked their pedigree as a sound defensive squad (not unlike their much-more-ballyhooed football kinfolk)...this season, not only have they seemed to find the offense to match, but they've also been clutch. I'm glad FSU stuck with hin over this past decade or so, because they have been on a TEAR this year...so much so that Hamilton ended up winning ACC Coach of the Year honors.

If they can hold on and knock off the Heels, it'll mark a milestone for FSU's basketball program. It'll also most likely give them a serious confidence boost should they make the Dance...and if they do, it'll be worth keeping an eye on them?and for more than those awesomely awesome uniforms.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived