2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I now kinda want to see Louisville win so I can burn my eyes out with Adidas' uniforms. :lol: But yes, kudos to Cincy tonight. They look like a team that could do some damage the next couple of weeks. As for the Orange, nice job coming back from that huge deficit, but in the end that first half run Cincy took didn't matter as rebounds and free throws hurt us (I'm allowed to say "us" as a student of the university, right? I know this debate got brought back up a few pages ago). But considering the deficit went from nearly 20 to down to 2 in the final minutes, I like Cuse's chances, as long as they improve on rebounding. It's been an issue all year, but it started to glare quite a bit tonight

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Bruce Weber done at Illinois. Seems like yesterday he was in the final four...

Finally. He took a top 15 program that was a lock for the tournament every year and made them a consistent bubble team. And this year was just embarrassing. It might not get better right away, but it will soon enough.

Well, despite what Weber was able to do with it, we do have a good amount of talent on the team. There is no reason the next coach can't have them finish in the top 25 next year. It's not like the cupboard is completely bare.

I can think of plenty of reasons. Two of them are Brandon Paul and D.J. Richardson

----------------------------------------------------

The more interesting thing with this firing is that new Illinois AD has officially put himself on a 4 year clock. "His" coaches are now going to be running football and both basketball teams. So if things don't turn around (and Illinois' President and Faculty end their little brouhaha), Mike Thomas is sooo fired too. Granted I'm betting the donors are pretty much tapped at the moment now, so that could be a short-to-medium term problem.

-----------------------------------------------------

With regards to the new coach needing to "recruit better", I'm just going to toss this out there. There are 13 Division I basketball schools in the state of Illinois. A grand total of 2 teams in the last five years (Illinois '09, '11) have gone dancing*. Maybe instate talent isn't all its cracked up to be.

*-Assumes Northwestern's bubble did burst last night.

Anthony Davis. Derrick Rose. Jacob Pullen. I think you're underestimating the talent of Chicago basketball players just a little bit. I also think that you're not giving the Illinois basketball program the credit they deserve. This is a program that should be dancing every year. Missing the tournament in half the seasons you coach is just not acceptable. Some people may think that Illinois basketball fans have too high of expectations, but historical statistics show that a program this strong should not be happy with being on the bubble every year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Colorado isn't backing down from Cal. This one ought to go down to the wire. Winner gets the Wildcats. (GO BUFFS!)

See you guys tomorrow! The game is pretty simple for both teams: Tournament or bust. No at large berth for the losers.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Colorado isn't backing down from Cal. This one ought to go down to the wire. Winner gets the Wildcats. (GO BUFFS!)

See you guys tomorrow! The game is pretty simple for both teams: Tournament or bust. No at large berth for the losers.

I'm looking forward to it. Watched both Colo-Ariz regular season games, as they split. This game definitely favors the Wildcats, but Colorado wasn't supposed to beat Oregon or Cal either. B)

6uXNWAo.png

Then for all that is holy and good in this world, GO BUFFS!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm looking forward to it. Watched both Colo-Ariz regular season games, as they split. This game definitely favors the Wildcats, but Colorado wasn't supposed to beat Oregon or Cal either. B)

It should be fun. The Cats lost by one in the Rockies, and shot an abysmal 3-20 from 3. It was a pretty solid 14 point win in Tucson in the rematch, but the game was generally closer then that. The real loser in the AZ-COL final is Washington. It would be cool to get 4 PAC teams in, but I know there is no way that will happen. But will there be 3 PAC teams admitted?(COL/AZ, CAL, and UW?). From what I can tell, it seems more like 2 teams then 3 will get in from the conference.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Washington is a loser in and of itself -- they don't need any help in that regard. They backed into the regular season title and tanked probably the one game they needed to guarantee an NCAA Tournament spot. The only thing they have going for them is how bad the rest of the Pac 12 is, and that should be reason to keep them out.

If I were the NCAA selection committee, I'd send a message by only taking the Colorado/Arizona winner. Your conference doesn't deserve multiple bids simply because it's a one-time power conference. Your teams actually have to be good.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I haven't posted on here very much about my Blue Devils this year but here's how I feel about them. Duke has been incredibly inconsistent this year and has not impressed me at all. They will either be knocked out in the second (third) round or maybe sweet 16. My Final Four is looking like North Carolina, Ohio State, Kansas, and either Syracuse or Michigan St.

Archived