2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

Florida State, 47-31 on UNC, under 3 to go in the first half.

If they can hold on and knock off the Heels, it'll mark a milestone for FSU's basketball program. It'll also most likely give them a serious confidence boost should they make the Dance...and if they do, it'll be worth keeping an eye on them?and for more than those awesomely awesome uniforms.

Well if they win, they're automatically in the Dance. Even if they lose, there's a 99% chance they're in. No reason to wonder "should they make the Dance...".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh, Selection Sunday. The glorious beginning of the holy season that is March Madness.

Now, let's see how the committee decides to screw Mizzou. Should be a #1 seed, but they'll probably not be. I'd actually settle for a 2 in the Midwest (St. Louis) over a 1 in the West, but I have a feeling that they'd still screw them by making them a 2 somewhere else. Btw, no 30-win team from a power 6 conference has ever NOT gotten a 1-seed.

1-Coaches, ADs, fans, and players all would take a lower seed to be closer to their campus for games.

2-What seeding "by the numbers" typically means.

3- After the selection show on CBS,TruTV will air a show in which the NCAA tries to be more transparent on the selection and seeding process with the just selected field.

Basketball Committee chair Jeff Hathaway and vice chair Mike Bobinski will appear on the Infiniti NCAA Hardcore Brackets show, which will air Selection Sunday at 7 p.m. EST on truTV.

The Hardcore Brackets show will feature Hathaway, a consultant for the Big East Conference, and Bobinski, the director of athletics at Xavier University and next season?s chair of the men?s basketball committee, speaking with Gumbel, Anthony, and Davis.

On the one-hour show, the committee members will discuss ?inside the room? details never previously shared, including unveiling the overall seed list that features every tournament team ranked Nos. 1 through 68. Reasons behind teams? movement on the seed list will be examined, and the committee members will discuss the pros and cons for teams that were, or were not, selected to receive at-large bids to the championship.

?This is a new day that has been years in the making,? said Hathaway, who is in his fifth and final year as a member of the committee. ?We continue to add initiatives to increase understanding of the committee?s work during selection weekend. We want to explain why teams were selected and seeded as reflected in the bracket and elaborate on the procedures and real-life road blocks that arise during the course of the bracketing process.?

If they can hold on and knock off the Heels, it'll mark a milestone for FSU's basketball program. It'll also most likely give them a serious confidence boost should they make the Dance...and if they do, it'll be worth keeping an eye on them?and for more than those awesomely awesome uniforms.

Well if they win, they're automatically in the Dance. Even if they lose, there's a 99% chance they're in. No reason to wonder "should they make the Dance...".

FSU is also ranked #17. Has there ever been a ranked team left off the tournament?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

FSU is also ranked #17. Has there ever been a ranked team left off the tournament?

I have no idea...I really don't follow college basketball all that closely, I just like watching the games when I can. I have, however, been following my 'Noles. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

With UNC and UK losing, Mizzou, and whoever wins the Big Ten championship, will be the only two teams currently ranked in the top 10 to win their conference tournament. That's a little crazy.

Come on, Vanderbilt, act like you been there before (and yes, they have been there before) - you still have six games to go.

They just beat the #1 team in the country to win the SEC tournament for the first time in 60 years. I think they've earned the right to celebrate.

It just goes to show that it's tough to beat a team three times in one season. Always fun to break out the cliché from NFL playoffs and apply it to the Commodores.

As much as the win over Kentucky is sweet, this group needs to win a NCAA tournament game to avoid being considered a disappointment. Yet another year of being the higher seed. At least Siena and Richmond won't be in the field, and Murray State is too good to be matched up against Vandy this time around.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Come on, Vanderbilt, act like you been there before (and yes, they have been there before) - you still have six games to go.

willmorris...trollin' hard as always.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Kentucky's been on the downward for the past two games. They barely beat Florida in the semi's, and then lost to Vandy. The first round could be the hardest for them in the Tourney, unless they step it up big time.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Props to Vandy on their upset of the Wildcats, but they're still getting bounced early by a double-digit seed next week, as is the norm for the Commies.

Yeah, already noted. That's recent history.

full history

The full picture is not much prettier, either. But if Jeff Green gets called for traveling in '07, things are different!

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

With UNC and UK losing, Mizzou, and whoever wins the Big Ten championship, will be the only two teams currently ranked in the top 10 to win their conference tournament. That's a little crazy.

They just beat the #1 team in the country to win the SEC tournament for the first time in 60 years. I think they've earned the right to celebrate.

What can I say, I just don't think teams should celebrate unless they're winning the NCAA tournament and even then not so much.

LvZYtbZ.png

The last day just seems to have that aura of weird to it... Kentucky goes down, North Carolina goes down, St. Bonaventure wins the A-10 Tourny and more then likely sealed the fate of Drexel (or someone else on the bubble, but I'm going with what Lunardi said about Drexel getting the axe should the Bonnies win).

Archived