Oregon Rose Bowl uniforms

aawagner011

Maybe it's just the lighting having changed or maybe I just didn't notice it earlier but it looks like the number material is starting to have a little more of a sheen to it, which kind of makes it go with the helmets at least a little bit more.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's just the lighting having changed or maybe I just didn't notice it earlier but it looks like the number material is starting to have a little more of a sheen to it, which kind of makes it go with the helmets at least a little bit more.

They don't got at all. If Nike wanted to make the numbers match the helmet, or vis versa, they could have; they didn't. It sounds to me like they were developed completely independently. Nike probably always planned for Oregon to wear these uniforms and they didn't knwo the helmet would actually be ready until later and when they found out they would be ready, they decided to pair the two.

That helmet looked awful during the day, but absolutely bad-ass during the night. The rest of the uniform was great. I guess as long as they don't wear that helmet during day games, it's a great uniform.

Oregon's helmet did turn out to be a lot better and sharper at night. Still wish it matched with the rest of the uniform, though. Uniform as a whole, Oregon looked pretty great tonight. The green monochrome and the awesome numbers (both font and material) were the best part of it all.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The helmet is cool...but not great. Chrome mini helmets were invented in 2000. It's not really a new idea. Call it liquid metal all you want...it's still chrome.

The numbers look cheap. The bottom point of the 1's go below the other numbers (such as a 4) on the front and back but not the sleeves. Really bad execution with the 1's.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

94c6c023b7dfa8471d98feeb383faacc-getty-136346135.jpg

Thanks for the pics. It's amazing how different they look under the night lights versus the daytime. They perfectly match at night since the helmet turns black. I thought they kind of matched during the day as well as it did seem as if the mirror helmets were reflecting the green jersey, but I suppose a silver stripe on the pants would've helped balance it out better though.

I kept losing sight of their shoulder wings. That's the only thing that didn't click for me.

Yah, that bugged me too. I would have preferred that they used a wing pattern similar to the one of the helmet.

All in all it was an experiment that I think went really well. I spent the entire first half just staring at their unis....LOL. The helmets did look better in the second half though. Maybe that meant that they should have gone a little darker on the metallic black...but I'm sure they tried that before they settled on this helmet. Overall I give the identity a solid 'B+'.

I kept losing sight of their shoulder wings. That's the only thing that didn't click for me.

Yah, that bugged me too. I would have preferred that they used a wing pattern similar to the one of the helmet.

All in all it was an experiment that I think went really well. I spent the entire first half just staring at their unis....LOL. The helmets did look better in the second half though. Maybe that meant that they should have gone a little darker on the metallic black...but I'm sure they tried that before they settled on this helmet. Overall I give the identity a solid 'B+'.

The shoulder wings reminded me of these...

kellen-Clemens.3.jpg

I really like it being less visible.

9up7jm.png

The shoulder wings reminded me of these...

kellen-Clemens.3.jpg

I really like it being less visible.

somehow I prefer THIS pattern over the one the used tonight. There was something about it that didn't quite work for me. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it was because the feathers were too short or something.

I don't know why they had to change the feathers at all. They looked just fine previously.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived