When the alternate looks better than the primary

johnnysama

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never thought I'd say it, but...

display_image.jpg?x=687202

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It's a shame that NFL teams must have a road white away jersey. I wish the Miami Dolphins could be given the LA Lakers treatment with 2 colored jerseys.

HOME

91885011_display_image.jpg?1318452413

AWAY

90873_Dolphins_Browns_Football.jpg

These two jerseys have the potential to create quite a few beautiful color VS color match-ups. Plus, that bright orange just seems perfect for Miami/South Beach.

It's a shame that NFL teams must have a road white away jersey. I wish the Miami Dolphins could be given the LA Lakers treatment with 2 colored jerseys.

HOME

AWAY

These two jerseys have the potential to create quite a few beautiful color VS color match-ups. Plus, that bright orange just seems perfect for Miami/South Beach.

I like it too (except I want the aqua jersey to be the home jersey).

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

HOME

AWAY

>>>>

Yellow is a far different from Miami's dark orange.

Imagine Miami at KC ... or Miami at SF, wearing that dark orange against bright red ... that'd be a visual nightmare.

I remember when Golden State's home uniforms were yellow too. Was hoping they'd bring it back when they went back to the tweaked retro look last season.

rick-barry.jpg

HOME

AWAY

>>>>

Yellow is a far different from Miami's dark orange.

Imagine Miami at KC ... or Miami at SF, wearing that dark orange against bright red ... that'd be a visual nightmare.

I remember when Golden State's home uniforms were yellow too. Was hoping they'd bring it back when they went back to the tweaked retro look last season.

rick-barry.jpg

I wouldn't rule that out. I bet the Warriors bring that in as an alternate sometime in the future

Go A's!

The Warriors tried to use gold home jerseys when they rebranded prior to last year but the league said no. I would bet they'll introduce a gold alternate after this year and they wear it at home pretty often

As far as the thread goes, just about every NBA alternate

107627579_display_image.jpg?1294975633

brandon-jennings-of-the-bucks.jpg

joe2.jpg

lebron1x-large.jpg

GYI0063992378_crop_450x500.jpg?1300677954

os-dwight-howard-pointing.jpg

And a couple no longer in use

Anthony-Randolph-Golden-State-Warriors.jpg

CLIPPERS_RAPTORS_bw_t440.jpg?9e2a24ba44807f8f9b96aad7c4082bf6ded075dc

7497082_cavaliers_v_wizards.jpg

stuckeydet.jpg

Skins70thannivunis.jpg

Every Skins fan should agree on these. (**) I'm suprised Reebok still sells and price these jerseys like we still wear them in our current set. Oh well it wont matter after the draft later on.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

As far as uniforms go:

ap-201110301232451695203.jpg

The Texans should go with this as their primary; that way, as far as Texas goes, the Cowboys can be the navy blue team while the Texans can be the red team. That and all their divisional rivals, save for the Jaguars, are one shade of blue or another. The red pants with these, IMO, is quite possibly my favorite monochrome look in the NFL*.

*Provided that the all-red remains an alternate.

image.jpg

Staying with red, I don't know why, but I like looks for (other color)/red teams that primarily uses red like this. That and the Bucks are one of the few current green/red teams in North American pro sports. Lose the beveling on the "Milwaukee" font and the triangle behind the antlers/ball logo and it's perfect.

109797081_display_image.jpg?1311574070

I normally don't like black alternates when the team in question introduces black to their color scheme (i.e., Mets, early-2000s Royals, Lions, Eagles), but with the rampant use of various shades of blue in the NBA*, the Pesky Wolves (as Jazz fans call them) could be an exception and stand out more by wearing their black uniforms. Of course, I think that they should've gone the black/green route (maybe lime green), but this alternate looks good.

*Most notably the Green and Athletic Gold Sonics becoming the Thunder and making their main color a nearly identical (if not, the same) shade of blue, though I can understand why.

040311BMa086.jpg

Speaking of Athletic Gold and Green, this is a beauty. I wished that the A's went all-out gold (pants and maybe even hats), but the A's are far more identifiable with these than their previous BFBS looks as well as their green alternate tops*.

*Though I have nothing against the green tops, but with much of Major League Baseball still using dark-colored uniforms, it just doesn't stand out.

oreilly.jpeg

An unpopular opinion around here, I'm sure, but I like how Colorado has used old-school-looking jerseys for their alternates, and with a few tweaks (mainly, a hem stripe), this could be great. Still, it is the best jersey the Avs currently wear, as their primary set is one of the worst in the NHL.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Skins70thannivunis.jpg

Every Skins fan should agree on these. (**) I'm suprised Reebok still sells and price these jerseys like we still wear them in our current set. Oh well it wont matter after the draft later on.

Yuck! I'm a Redskins fan, and I hate those uniforms with a passion. I find nothing about it appealing.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived