NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the cleats were supposed to be custom molded by the equipment manager I could understand, but you're right this isn't peewee, these grown men should know what size shoe they wear. Unless Blackmon requested and was denied a new pair of shoes which would be understandable. Either way I'm sure it's more than someone getting hurt, he had to have gone at it with his superiors or something.

The equipment manager's job is to grab the box off the shelf and hand it to the player. It's Blackmon's job to say, "Damn, thats hurting. I need to go up a half size." The least an athlete can do is be a tiny bit accountable given how much money comes his way. In addition, some people like their shoes tighter than others. Look at how many wide receivers wear a half-size down and cut the fronts so that their toes don't get hurt when cutting and stopping. I really hope this guy didn't get fired because another prima donna wide receiver couldn't deal with an afternoon of foot pain.

This isn't peewee football. This is big time. This is billions of dollars being circulated. Now you better measure that million dollar kid's foot. An NFL equipment manager better know how to fit a foot. If not, try the rec league.

NFL players, especially top picks like Blackmon that have shoe deals, are generally responsible for getting their own cleats from the company they contract with. They have a company rep that works directly with the player and their agent. It's not on the equipment manager.

I am certain that the cleat incident had absolutely zero to do with it. Probably just a new coach that wanted his own person.

Or an equipment manager from NY, that loves NY and is tired of living in Jacksonville?

He got fired. He didn't quit. It probably is Mularkey wanting his guy and used the Blackmon incident as an excuse. However, I would expect my EM to fit a shoe.

Gave Blackmon cleats that didn't fit. Gave him a sore foot and had to miss a day. Rookie mistake you can't do when dealing with million dollar puppets.

Jaguars equipment manager Drew Hampton

1998-2012

Good luck in your next endeavors

My guess is for the cleat incident with Blackmon.

What's the story there?

Blackmon hurt his foot withing the first couple days of practice and it was most likely due to the cleats he was wearing but i doubt that would be the equipment managers fault.

No, that is his job.

The equipment manager's job is to grab the box off the shelf and hand it to the player. It's Blackmon's job to say, "Damn, thats hurting. I need to go up a half size." The least an athlete can do is be a tiny bit accountable given how much money comes his way. In addition, some people like their shoes tighter than others. Look at how many wide receivers wear a half-size down and cut the fronts so that their toes don't get hurt when cutting and stopping. I really hope this guy didn't get fired because another prima donna wide receiver couldn't deal with an afternoon of foot pain.

This isn't peewee football. This is big time.

you're right about that. these arnt 8th graders, they are 20+ year olds. and they shouldnt need their mommy present when trying on a shoe or other equipment.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Here is a list of some known changes by teams this season either to logos or uniforms.

Falcons - have chaged the shade of silver they use and also completely removed the black pants as an option from their uniform system. They haven't been wormn for quite a while but now they are officially removed.

Browns - have eliminated all non-justified logotypes as well as removed the "checkerboard" logotype. The Brownie Elf has also been slightly altered and the sleeve stripes are cleaner as well as the flesh toned version has been discontinued so only the 3 color (brown, orange, white) version still is in use. They have also completely removed the brown pants as an option from their uniform system.

Cowboys - have changed the shade of silver and royal blue that they use. Also, the primary "star" mark has been updated.

Broncos - what was the secondary logotype is now the primary. Also as we all know the orange jersey is now the primary home color.

Lions - have changed the shade of silver they use.

Chiefs - have changed the shade of red they use.

Vikings - have changed the shade of purple they use.

Patriots - have changed the shade of silver they use. Also, the secondary logotype without the Patriot head ontop of the P has been eliminated.

Saints - have changed the shade of gold they use.

Giants - have eliminated all secondary logotypes. Also even though they are still present in the guides the 3 stripe home pants will not be worn at all this season and the "5 stripe" pant will be worn with all jerseys.

Eagles - Added silver keylines to primary logotype and primary mark with logotype

Rams - have completely removed the gold pants as an option from their uniform system.

Steelers - have changed shade of Royal blue used on diamond in primary mark.

Seahawks - changed shade of Navy and Green and elminated NFL Pacific Blue from all aspects of marks, logotypes and uniform.

True, but as he noted not all players wear the sizes they measure at.

Player's got to take a little responsibility for his equipment. A pilot checks out the plane before every flight no matter how good the mechanics are.

Aren't there players who wear cleats a size down from that they measure? I thought I remember reading it on Uni-Watch. Some even have to cut the shoe so their big toe sticks out (defeating the purpose of the smaller shoes, I guess).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

True, but as he noted not all players wear the sizes they measure at.

Player's got to take a little responsibility for his equipment. A pilot checks out the plane before every flight no matter how good the mechanics are.

Aren't there players who wear cleats a size down from that they measure? I thought I remember reading it on Uni-Watch. Some even have to cut the shoe so their big toe sticks out (defeating the purpose of the smaller shoes, I guess).

Yes, some do.

Which is why many of us put the onus on players for making sure their equipment fits the way they want it to.

Here is a list of some known changes by teams this season either to logos or uniforms.

Falcons - have chaged the shade of silver they use and also completely removed the black pants as an option from their uniform system. They haven't been wormn for quite a while but now they are officially removed.

Browns - have eliminated all non-justified logotypes as well as removed the "checkerboard" logotype. The Brownie Elf has also been slightly altered and the sleeve stripes are cleaner as well as the flesh toned version has been discontinued so only the 3 color (brown, orange, white) version still is in use. They have also completely removed the brown pants as an option from their uniform system.

Cowboys - have changed the shade of silver and royal blue that they use. Also, the primary "star" mark has been updated.

Broncos - what was the secondary logotype is now the primary. Also as we all know the orange jersey is now the primary home color.

Patriots - have changed the shade of silver they use. Also, the secondary logotype without the Patriot head ontop of the P has been eliminated.

Giants - have eliminated all secondary logotypes. Also even though they are still present in the guides the 2 stripe home pants will not be worn at all this season and the "5 stripe" pant will be worn with all jerseys.

Eagles - Added silver keylines to primary logotype and primary mark with logotype

Rams - have completely removed the gold pants as an option from their uniform system.

Seahawks - changed shade of Navy and Green and elminated NFL Pacific Blue from all aspects of marks, logotypes and uniform.

Panthers - new logo replaces old in all uses on the uniform

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Giants - have eliminated all secondary logotypes. Also even though they are still present in the guides the 2 stripe home pants will not be worn at all this season and the "5 stripe" pant will be worn with all jerseys.

Panthers - new logo replaces old in all uses on the uniform

Oh yeah how did I forget that. They also changed to a new logotype as well.

Archived