NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean this is totally ridiculous. How the hell did several the NFL teams allow this to see the field?

Are teams that chose blocked flywire collars going to be stuck with this for 5 years?

And anyone notice how extra "fly" Drew Brees' uniform was. Huge flywire section. Even bigger than the offensive lineman. And the pants looked awful, especially when the lineman began to sweat through them.

ad48168b6eb04c0c92ab539d64ea817a-afa86255c6cb4612a72e5245567311b1-0.jpg

Lighting, photography, and monitors play some weird tricks, I know. But man, does it ever look like there's gray outlines on Brees' shoulder numbers instead of gold. I know that they aren't gray, but the fact that they can even appear that way is really odd, and just reinforces for me that the Saints picked the wrong shade to standardize.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think what a lot of people are missing about these ?collars? is that they really aren?t collars, in the strictest sense. A collar is:

1. The part of a shirt, coat, dress, blouse, etc., that encompasses the neckline of the garment and is sewn permanently to it, often so as to fold or roll over.

2. A similar but separate, detachable article of clothing worn around the neck or at the neckline of a garment.

These ?collars? are actually not a separate part of the jersey, in terms of being separate or distinguishable from the jersey?s fabric or even cut. If there wasn?t a visible seam, you wouldn?t even think of that part of the jersey as being any different from the rest. The only reason we (and for that matter, the teams) are holding on to this idea of a collar is because football jerseys have always had them. I believe Nike?s intension was to get rid of the traditional idea of a collar all-together, as it interfered with their flywire nonsense, and that?s the proprietary feature they?re trying to make money off of, by selling it to high schools and smaller colleges. So when teams insisted on keeping their old looks relatively intact, Nike?s ?solution? was to color that portion of the jersey differently, mimicking the old idea of a collar, at least in part.

So, yeah, it looks stupid. Because it is stupid? a stupid solution to a stupid idea.

I had always wished that the 49ers had some gold on their jersey just to match their helmet and pants.

I think it's actually an "unpopular opinion", but I am totally with you. Gold outlines on the numbers would really be sharp, in my opinion.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I mean this is totally ridiculous. How the hell did several the NFL teams allow this to see the field?

Are teams that chose blocked flywire collars going to be stuck with this for 5 years?

And anyone notice how extra "fly" Drew Brees' uniform was. Huge flywire section. Even bigger than the offensive lineman. And the pants looked awful, especially when the lineman began to sweat through them.

ad48168b6eb04c0c92ab539d64ea817a-afa86255c6cb4612a72e5245567311b1-0.jpg

Lighting, photography, and monitors play some weird tricks, I know. But man, does it ever look like there's gray outlines on Brees' shoulder numbers instead of gold. I know that they aren't gray, but the fact that they can even appear that way is really odd, and just reinforces for me that the Saints picked the wrong shade to standardize.

god I forgot just how much unadulterated hatred I had for that shoulder roll looking collar design. It makes a jersey that's supposed to be light and sleek, look bulky and frumpy.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Wait, so the pants are a light gray, and the pants stripe with the wing detail is a slightly darker gray? This whole new Seahawks look just confuses the hell out of me. I just don't get it. Any of it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wait, so the pants are a light gray, and the pants stripe with the wing detail is a slightly darker gray? This whole new Seahawks look just confuses the hell out of me. I just don't get it. Any of it.

I believe that the stripe consists of a breathable material, and the darker color you see is a result of sweating through them.

Well, Seattle DOES have three jerseys and three sets of pants...

Seattle2012.png

And for added fun...a larger piece of the Seahawks third Jersey...

Seattle2012Alternate.png

Now if Seattle were to have a green alternate this time around instead of the silver...

SeattleSeahawks_WhatIfGreen-2.png

I believe that the stripe consists of a breathable material, and the darker color you see is a result of sweating through them.

Yea, my thought was the same. The grey in the stripe portion is the mesh material so the color is slightly different.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Actually, I think it's just because of the material being a holed-mesh, the fabric takes more of the tone of the players' skin, or in this case, the black tights he is wearing underneath. This is another "gem" from Nike. The players' pants will look different (on all teams with that dumb template) because the that area shows the skin color and every player has different skin tones.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

From the 49ers website the other day. Three stripes in full effect!

11.jpg

Um, is that a VISA logo on a game jersey??? I understand it's a pic from practice, but that looks a lot like game jersey to me.

Seattle2012.png

Seattle2012Alternate.png

Now if Seattle were to have a green alternate this time around instead of the silver...

SeattleSeahawks_WhatIfGreen-1.png

Why on the about graphic of the helmet is the Seahawk logo looking up in the air ?????

If they made the wings on the pants stripes lime green instead of gray, I'd agree with you.

I believe they intentionally did not make them green as the blue pants have green ones and they will better match the blue jerseys. Believe they will eventually settle back into the all blue monochome home look again.

Seattle2012.png

Seattle2012Alternate.png

SeattleSeahawks_WhatIfGreen-1.png

Why on the about graphic of the helmet is the Seahawk logo looking up in the air ?????

It's the look of the helmet at a 3/4 view or whatever it is called

From the 49ers website the other day. Three stripes in full effect!

11.jpg

Um, is that a VISA logo on a game jersey??? I understand it's a pic from practice, but that looks a lot like game jersey to me.

Harbaugh requires players to wear the game jersey during practice because he wants the players to get the feel and accustomed to wearing game jersey versus a much looser practice jersey. Less injuries occur with a tighter, game jersey he believes. He started this last year. So yeah, since VISA is supposed to be on the jerseys during practice, the VISA logo is on these game jerseys.

Go A's!

Archived