NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Skins look beautiful

For as little as they've changed, I think the Redskins look annoying. The giant collar has driven the front numbers almost into the pants and the side numbers look awful. They're too small, too vertical and too skinny. Also, the new, non ribbed sleeve stripes look like something off a cheap replica. It's a minor fail, but it's a fail nonetheless.

I hate the way the sleeve stripes now look. Also, I loved how the skill position players used to have extra wide numbers. It was one of my favorite nuances of their uni. Too bad it's gone.

I don't see what there is to complain about the Bears Nike look. Their jerseys look much better with the numbers on the shoulders. And I'm sure that the Bears worked with Nike in deciding to go with the shoulder numbers. And people shouldn't write off the technology in the new templates as bring total BS. They might not do that much, but every little but of increase in comfort is nice fire a player.

Watching the game today, they look terrible. First off, even if moving the numbers to the shoulders was absolutely necessary (and it wasn't), it is a huge visual downgrade.

I've gotta disagree with you here. The Bears have needed to bump the numbers up to the shoulders for a long time, because so many players would only have one or two sleeve stripes visible, and the "GSH" - which should be proudly on display - was often rolled under, tucked and taped into some sweaty lineman's pads. The Bears got this changeover right, even with the template switch.

The sleeve stripes were only covered on players who had lose jersey sleeves. All stripes showed on linemen and players with tighter sleeves. Besides, having a single stripe covered was far preferable to moving the numbers. It just doesn't look right.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The sleeve stripes were only covered on players who had lose jersey sleeves. All stripes showed on linemen and players with tighter sleeves. Besides, having a single stripe covered was far preferable to moving the numbers. It just doesn't look right.

122327516_10.jpg

Matt-Forte-how-you-like-me-now.jpg

Hey, if you don't like the shoulder numbers, you don't like the shoulder numbers. Personal preferences and annoyances with details are what this board's all about. But as to that particular part of your argument, hey buddy.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, I really don't understand not liking the Bears's change. Don't like the template, fine. Don't like the slight color differences in fabrics (it's there, but it's not that annoying to me), fine. But the numbers on the shoulders has been a loooong needed change. The jerseys look great with the stripes on display.

With regard to the Nike templates, the cut does align well with shoulder pads. The "sweat box" is only on the stomach area, and in my brief playing experiences, that's one of the sweatiest areas on a jersey. If it helps the players, who cares? It's then up to teams/designers to best implement a design to fit the template of the jersey. Now, that doesn't excuse Nike for not finding a way to get the colors of the fabrics to match better when wet, but criticism for a poor jersey design (in cases where a redesign wasn't done) IMO isn't entirely the fault of Nike.

The Steelers pants look a lot bolder in person now that they're less shiny. I think it's a nice improvement.

Eagles wore their white pants tonight, so it was hard to tell if they're going flat as well. It'll be interesting when they wear their green, which is one of the shinier pants in the league. I know they're keeping last seasons cut and materials and everyhthing else for jerseys, but I don't recall reading anything about if the pants would remain the same as well or if they'd be Nike.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The right sleeve swoosh is incredibly stupid...it's not a flag.

IDK, I think it makes enough sense. I mean, it is how Nike typically treats the swoosh. Just look at any pair of Nike sneakers. I feel like if it was the same on both sides it would look equally weird.

The right sleeve swoosh is incredibly stupid...it's not a flag.

IDK, I think it makes enough sense. I mean, it is how Nike typically treats the swoosh. Just look at any pair of Nike sneakers. I feel like if it was the same on both sides it would look equally weird.

You're right about the shoes and the reasoning behind it makes perfect sense but It'll take some getting used to.

When driving home yesterday I had the Green Bay at San Diego game on my car radio on FOX 570 ....

Even their announcers who don't usually comment on uniforms were making a big issue about what NIKE had done to the Chargers navy blue jersey, comparing them to their listeners by mentioning the white padding that Howie Long of the Raiders used to wear on his jersey to describe it.

They were really ripping NIKE, and deservedly so. The Packers were fine, but they spoke repeatedly about the white 'toilet seat' collars on the Chargers navy blue jerseys.

Redskins vs Bills viewers had view double toilet seat collars, wasn't a pretty site..

billsvredskins_preseason.jpg

howie-long-oakland-raiders-helmet-autographed-photograph-3362655.jpg

Are the captain patches a thing of the past now?

I may be completely wrong, but I don't think they start wearing them until the regular season starts. I have a thought in my mind that I read or heard that at one point, but who knows.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived