NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if it's not that hard why don't you do it. if the biggest sports apparel company can't do it, i doubt it's an easy fix.

Well like anything, if you can't do it, maybe your shouldn't do it. So they don't have a fix for a problem that they created. Seems like there's an easy fix for that...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why are there darker color of blue squares on the stomachs of the the players ????? If its just a fabric patch, and with all the technology today, can't they match the color with the rest of the jersey ?

Why? Stated reason, "Because they help the jersey to breathe and keep the players cooler." Actual reason: It's a Nike proprietary template and having different colored zones emphasizes that it's a Nike jersey. It's almost like another Swoosh.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

my take on the nike uniforms, now that i've seen them in action:

the sweat stains are hideous.

the flywire collars look REALLY :censored:ing cool (on teams like the jets that use collars in the same color as the jersey's body)

the flywire collars look REALLY :censored:ing stupid (on everyone else)

most teams look better than they did last year, overall. the bengals are a perfect example. the uniforms seem tailored to the player, and not butchered and stretched.

why is the nike logo so close to the numbers on some teams?

Did the redskins cutoff their hip pads or something? Because I don't see them and the stripe is uninterrupted.

Also the chiefs look amazing. Perfect tweak and major upgrade.

Haven't really gotten to see to much but during broadcasts the collars don't look too bad. Terrible in still photos though.

The Jags look a whole lot better now that the piping/stripes is the same on every player as opposed to the stretched out variations on the tech-fits.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

if it's not that hard why don't you do it. if the biggest sports apparel company can't do it, i doubt it's an easy fix.

Well like anything, if you can't do it, maybe your shouldn't do it. So they don't have a fix for a problem that they created. Seems like there's an easy fix for that...

Indeed. Nike was making football jerseys for years prior to the sweat box "innovation." They don't HAVE to use that piece of technology.

The Football Giants 5-stripe pants look so much better now that there are no longer any super-stretched/enormous stripes that some players wore in reebok pants.

Manning and Bradshaw only two Giants to wear team-colored cleats (grey with red and blue accents), everyone else in classic black.

Jersey numerals look much better on this year's uniform... as well as the player names (subtle differences)

and lastly... most noticably... the NW stripes on Manning's true sleeves looks fantastic!

Why are there darker color of blue squares on the stomachs of the the players ????? If its just a fabric patch, and with all the technology today, can't they match the color with the rest of the jersey ?

Why? Stated reason, "Because they help the jersey to breathe and keep the players cooler." Actual reason: It's a Nike proprietary template and having different colored zones emphasizes that it's a Nike jersey. It's almost like another Swoosh.

I could understand if most aren't a fan of Nike's template but is it really fair to assume the "actual reason" you posted. Like because its the corporation that is Nike, then it has to be some other motives. They have never had a branding problem so maybe, just maybe when they do try to do something new its because they believe in their design & tech. I dont think they see the sweatbox and think "new swoosh." I think they believe its an advancement(whether it is or not) and if it succeeds then it pushes the brand anyway. All they need to put on the unis to make it say Nike is the swoosh. They do that. All the rest, in my opinion, is what they feel to be innovation. Even if it looks weird to us.

What's up with the Falcons "throwbacks" with the new style logo?

p13180839_view1_dt.jpg

its a photoshop job that someone messed up

I figured, but thought it was interesting nonetheless. I wouldn't mind a new look using the retro styling but with the new logo.

p13180839_view1_dt.jpg

All low-end Nike NFL replica use that template (look at the Eagles and Raiders).

I'm aware, but that's not what I asked. The logo on the sleeve is incorrect. This is what it should be:

slideshow_1222125_2.jpg

I could understand if most aren't a fan of Nike's template but is it really fair to assume the "actual reason" you posted. Like because its the corporation that is Nike, then it has to be some other motives. They have never had a branding problem so maybe, just maybe when they do try to do something new its because they believe in their design & tech. I dont think they see the sweatbox and think "new swoosh." I think they believe its an advancement(whether it is or not) and if it succeeds then it pushes the brand anyway. All they need to put on the unis to make it say Nike is the swoosh. They do that. All the rest, in my opinion, is what they feel to be innovation. Even if it looks weird to us.

I'm with you on this one. Assuming that any performance advantages that they claim to have is bogus is just hating on Nike without solid proof. Unless you've worn this style of jersey and played a game in it, you can't say how much of a difference this makes to a player. Design and materials have changed throughout the years. Just because Nike used to make uniforms without the sweat guts doesn't mean that they're not allowed to improve upon their uniform.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

p13180839_view1_dt.jpg

its a photoshop job that someone messed up

I figured, but thought it was interesting nonetheless. I wouldn't mind a new look using the retro styling but with the new logo.

p13180839_view1_dt.jpg

All low-end Nike NFL replica use that template (look at the Eagles and Raiders).

I'm aware, but that's not what I asked. The logo on the sleeve is incorrect. This is what it should be:

slideshow_1222125_2.jpg

I misunderstood your original post (overlooked the sleeve patch, too). I would go with BrandMooreArt's arguement of a bad Photoshop job.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

KC has had their numbers on the sleeves for as long as I can remember. The new sleeve striping looks great on them.

It's still gonna take awhile to get used to. I just hope they continue to wear their red pants on the road.

When they wear all-white it just doesn't look right on them ...

kc_new_nike.jpg

bills_kc_2011.jpg

A few thoughts on today's games:

1) The Jets green jersey is a mess. Why are the "sweat" portions that much darker? I mean, the color isn't even close.

2012Jets.png

2) The Lions were geniuses for ditching the black color and letting the flywire collar flow much better.

2012Lions.png

3) Where are these brown socks that people kept saying the Browns were switching too when they wear the white jersey? They are in all white. You mean this so-called NFL style guide is wrong yet again, no way! :P

2012Browns_white.png

4) The new Chiefs look is growing on me.

2012Chiefs.png

5) I don't really know why, but the Nike's version of the Bengals jersey looks better. Was there a minor tweak (perhaps the sleeve bengal stripes smaller)? I can't figure it out, but they just look better.

2012Bengals.png

6) Forgot to mention the 49ers. It's really a shame the franchise decided to keep the awkward sleeve pattern instead of having Nike fix it.

2012Niners.png

Archived