NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The old shade of Seahawks blue was unique and distinctive. And the white numbers really popped on them.

The new set looks like any of the other teams that wear navy and the gray numbers blend in.

If you go to Seahawks.com and find the link to the new uniforms, there are a couple of photos of the new uniforms that are extreme close ups. In those photos, the jerseys and pants appear to be the old Seahawk blue instead of the dark navy on the others pictured. I think that old shade of blue works better with the grey and green.

Those collars don't look nearly as bad on the Texans in an actual game as they did earlier. Hopefully more teams will switch to these and color in the entire collar instead of only half. If there are actually complaints about the half collars in places other than a uniform message board the teams might care enough to change in the off-season.

Yeah, in pads with everything else stretched out it looks OK. I think it'll be more dramatic on the white jersey though so that'll be the true test.

I too was relieved that the collars looked fine.

I think these were the true test though. The whites have a navy collar that is more likely to blend in with the houser pads and have less contrast than these so im really happy that they went this route :)

I hate that the swoosh looks like it's actually their logo, since it's framed perfectly in the lime box. That area would look weird without anything in there, and there's not enough room for a Seattle logo, so it was pretty clearly designed for the sole purpose of housing the swoosh. Now that I'm looking at the whole uniform for the first time, I think that it's possible that Nike had that jersey made up in several different colorways, with several different team wordmarks on the stripe, and pitched it to several different teams. Once Seattle bought it, they then worked on the pants (as would have been the case with whatever team bought it.) There just seems to be some disconnect between the two parts.

The design on the sleeves matches the contour of the pattern used on the numbers, collar, and helmet. The pattern, like the logo, is based of native american tribal art. So there is no way this is just some random template they designed. It was designed specifically for the Seahawks.

It's like saying Nike came up with a design a few years ago with frogskin pattern on it. They pitched it to all teams and TCU just happened to like it so it stuck.

I'm not seeing that connection. Maybe if there was more blue around the green thing on the sleeve, but I really doubt that the average person would look at the design on the pants stripe and the jersey sleeve and make a connection.

Either way, that same sleeve design could be used for any team. That little green box is not native-american tribal art. They could say that it is, and then make a pants design that sort of matches it, but that box by itself could represent anything that anyone wants it to. That doesn't mean that I think you're wrong - I really don't know. Just that without more evidence, I don't think it's clear that it was designed specifically for the Seahawks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If the Seahawks' helmet was gray and they didn't go monochrome they would look fantastic.

Seahawks_Fix_H_3.jpg

Road version.

I like that a lot but either the pants-stripe thingies need to be green, or there should be a thin green stripe bordering the blue.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I hate that the swoosh looks like it's actually their logo, since it's framed perfectly in the lime box. That area would look weird without anything in there, and there's not enough room for a Seattle logo, so it was pretty clearly designed for the sole purpose of housing the swoosh. Now that I'm looking at the whole uniform for the first time, I think that it's possible that Nike had that jersey made up in several different colorways, with several different team wordmarks on the stripe, and pitched it to several different teams. Once Seattle bought it, they then worked on the pants (as would have been the case with whatever team bought it.) There just seems to be some disconnect between the two parts.

The design on the sleeves matches the contour of the pattern used on the numbers, collar, and helmet. The pattern, like the logo, is based of native american tribal art. So there is no way this is just some random template they designed. It was designed specifically for the Seahawks.

It's like saying Nike came up with a design a few years ago with frogskin pattern on it. They pitched it to all teams and TCU just happened to like it so it stuck.

I'm not seeing that connection. Maybe if there was more blue around the green thing on the sleeve, but I really doubt that the average person would look at the design on the pants stripe and the jersey sleeve and make a connection.

Either way, that same sleeve design could be used for any team. That little green box is not native-american tribal art. They could say that it is, and then make a pants design that sort of matches it, but that box by itself could represent anything that anyone wants it to. That doesn't mean that I think you're wrong - I really don't know. Just that without more evidence, I don't think it's clear that it was designed specifically for the Seahawks.

The News Tribune

"Jersey incorporates graphics inspired by Northwest coastal Indian art. Feather-pattern graphic on helmet, in numbers and on pants represents natural elements of the Pacific Northwest, again inspired by coastal Indian art."

Not sure why you are stuck on this being a "cookie-cutter" uniform design. This was designed for us and only us.

If the Seahawks' helmet was gray and they didn't go monochrome they would look fantastic.

Seahawks_Fix_H_3.jpg

Road version.

This looks okay only if they wore it once at home during the season.

That doesn't make any sense. Why wear the best version only once?

Because in my eyes it is an alternate...kinda like when your Vikings wear their alternate once or twice a year.

spacer.png

Seattle's helmets are not matte. That is all.

I was trying to figure out what exactly the term is for their helmet. I know it's not matte, but it doesn't have a gloss shine to it either.

We could call it "Shmatte".

Seems fitting, somehow.

Whatever it is I do not like them

Seahawks_Fix_H_3.jpg

Road version.

I would make the stripes on the pants green & the wings blue maybe lighten the gray a little to be more silver & this would look great minus the stripe winged thing on the helmet.

Not sure why you are stuck on this being a "cookie-cutter" uniform design. This was designed for us and only us.

That quote doesn't say anything to dispel what he is suggesting. The striping on the pants and helmet does not exactly match the jerseys. There is nothing inherently Indian about the jersey pattern with the swoosh triangle. And that isn't to insult these jerseys (though they certainly deserve it), but nothing about sleeves and shoulders screams Seattle or Seahawks.The jerseys template very well could have been pitched to several teams.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

This was designed for us and only us.

Of course they were, no other team in their right mind would want anything that even comes close to resembling those. :blink:

They went from having a very rare and nice shade of blue that no other team has to the typical generic navy virtually identical to the Chargers, and a uniform that looks like it was put together like a jigsaw puzzle.

I seriously doubt any of the other 31 clubs are going to go to Nike and say "Please design a new uniform set for us based on the concept similar or somewhat similar to what you've done with Seattle"

Seahawks didn't need a complete overhaul (IMO) ... just a tweaking, that blue was superb, it only suffered from overkill with the monochrome and same color scheme from helmet to socks.

Archived