NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder/HOPE these collars will be the vertical stripes of the NHL.

What I mean almost all the drastic changes Reebok made to the NHL uniform are gone. Material is no longer form fitting, vertical stripes are gone (except for Colorado), numbers from front of jerseys are fading(yes a pre EDGE innovation, but popped up a lot after league wide re-modeling).

The only differences from now and before are that they are a little tighter, and the weird cut at the bottom of the jersey remains.

I give the Seahawks outfit today a B. The helmet was not a distraction, the jerseys looked good, though I still find the number font ugly (not the pattern, just the font), but the pants are not good. Having seen the combinations with white and with grey, this is still the ugliest option. Stop the monochrome and Seattle's uniform is a winner.

By wearing the navy blue pants with the navy blue jersey, the Seahawks continue to make one bad uniform decision after another. If they wore the gray pants with the navy jersey, they would at least just look silly. By wearing all navy they look silly AND ugly.

Good going, Seahawks.

ten_at_sea.jpg

I think they look good, better than I thought they would. I like the matte helmets more than I thought too.

By doing the mono look in the pre-season game, I am guessing the home opener debuts the grey pants and the mono look is seen again for the other home preseason game vs the Raiders.

That said the home opener is against Dallas which will also have some hybrid shade of blue/grey/silver pants.

By wearing the navy blue pants with the navy blue jersey, the Seahawks continue to make one bad uniform decision after another. If they wore the gray pants with the navy jersey, they would at least just look silly. By wearing all navy they look silly AND ugly.

Good going, Seahawks.

ten_at_sea.jpg

Needs more lime green.

The blue/blue needs to stop. The Seahawks got this interesting new look and they're pissing on it by not wearing grey/white pants. Come now, S-Hawks. Cut the crap.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I wonder/HOPE these collars will be the vertical stripes of the NHL.

What I mean almost all the drastic changes Reebok made to the NHL uniform are gone. Material is no longer form fitting, vertical stripes are gone (except for Colorado), numbers from front of jerseys are fading(yes a pre EDGE innovation, but popped up a lot after league wide re-modeling).

The only differences from now and before are that they are a little tighter, and the weird cut at the bottom of the jersey remains.

3 of the 5 teams that started with them still have front numbers. The only team to use them before the Edge switch was Buffalo, and that was because even though the Edge thing got bumped back a season, they wore a non-Edge version of their new style early.

And a ton more teams have vertical stripes than just Colorado, what NHL are you watching? There is also still an epidemic of piping.

Plus even jerseys that didn't change at all still got ruined by the seams/fabric panels/cut (Rangers and Red Wings), and other styles were eliminated completely because they "couldn't be done" in the Edge system (Dallas Stars, to name one).

1zgyd8w.jpg

Seattle's helmets are not matte. That is all.

I was trying to figure out what exactly the term is for their helmet. I know it's not matte, but it doesn't have a gloss shine to it either.

Didnt the first promotional materials call it Semi-gloss?

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

The texans jerseys didn't look all that bad although I wish they were the regular sized collars...I think a lot of teams are wishing they would have went the texans route rather than going the neck pad route cuz it reallys looks horrible. Correct if I'm wrong but I don't recall seeing any of the college teams utilizing these jersey cuts that have a colored collar. Nike and or the teams need to do something before the regular season or at the conclusion of this season.

One thing I noticed while watching the ever-unentertaining Bears/Broncos preseason game 1 was that it must've set some sort of record for shoulderpads spilling out of the uniform.

It seemed like every play pads were visible on linemen, if not outright exposed.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

One thing I noticed while watching the ever-unentertaining Bears/Broncos preseason game 1 was that it must've set some sort of record for shoulderpads spilling out of the uniform.

It seemed like every play pads were visible on linemen, if not outright exposed.

That's just the nature of the game. Not a Nike vs. Reebok thing. As the season gets closer, the players that stay will get their uniforms tailored and it'll go down or get worse because they'll be so tight they rip and pop the seams.

That's just the nature of the game. Not a Nike vs. Reebok thing. As the season gets closer, the players that stay will get their uniforms tailored and it'll go down or get worse because they'll be so tight they rip and pop the seams.

Ahh, makes sense.

twitter

Archived