NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sales on Nike jerseys in Cincinnati have been depressing according to reports. No one wants to spend $100 on a replica jersey.

That doesn't surprise me. I was in the team store a couple weeks ago and I was even more disappointed with them in person than I was back when they introduced the picture of the model wearing them.

They don't feel like a football jersey, the tiger stripes on the jersey are tiny, and the white side panels extend farther into the chest than they should, and the orange yoke on the white replicas looks silly. The numbers are a thicker screen and the fits are better. I'll give Nike that. Also, the $100 price tag for a worse looking jersey is probably shooing a lot of people away. I'm currently looking for an old reebok jersey right now.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Arizona+Cardinals+v+Kansas+City+Chiefs+rWmcZd1PrTSl.jpg

Here is the best uniform in the NFL right now.

The 'best' uniform in the NFL??

You must be having a laff

Nah. He's right. They are the best right now.

Does it bother anyone else that the stripes on the sleeves and socks are still not the same. The yellow stripe on the socks is a thicker than the yellow stripe on the jersey.

Doesn't bother me. Very minor IMO.

seahawks= work of art

Agreed. Nike and the Seahawks created an amazing uniform. I'd rather not see the monochrome, these are still absolutely beautiful!

2012Seahawks.png

After playing the Madden 13 demo last night I realized one thing about the new Seahawks uniforms. The grey set sucks! The wing patterns on the legs and jersey need to be in green (like the picture above) because the blue blends in with the grey and it just looks like crap!

spacer.png

Not really, for reasons already articulated in this thread. Great color combo, simple but bold design, not too modern but not dated, it's just from head-to-toe the best uniform in the NFL right now. The high stripes on the sleeves don't really bother me (I understand why they did that), and even the black outline on the helmet works - there is no law stating everything has to be evenly matched (look at the Chargers uniform right now, they attempted to make everything match and it looks like a train wreck). I think the iconic helmet design lends a certain charm to the whole uniform set, black outlines notwithstanding.

I'm curious as to your thoughts on the best uniform since this one seems funny to you.

The sales on Nike jerseys in Cincinnati have been depressing according to reports. No one wants to spend $100 on a replica jersey.

That doesn't surprise me. I was in the team store a couple weeks ago and I was even more disappointed with them in person than I was back when they introduced the picture of the model wearing them.

They don't feel like a football jersey, the tiger stripes on the jersey are tiny, and the white side panels extend farther into the chest than they should, and the orange yoke on the white replicas looks silly. The numbers are a thicker screen and the fits are better. I'll give Nike that. Also, the $100 price tag for a worse looking jersey is probably shooing a lot of people away. I'm currently looking for an old reebok jersey right now.

I think jersey sales are down across the board. The price, the aesthetic, and issues with supply are really hurting Nike's first year of sales so far, IMO (Not that they need to be too concerned...after all it is Nike). I think when the execs were talking about whether or not to enter the NFL apparel world again, I bet at least one person said "Sales will be though the roof!!"

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't know how to classify the Bucs uniforms. On one hand, they're traditional, since they use block font, standard stripe pants, logo on sleeve, etc. On the other hand, it's not a traditional color combo, they're a lot of outlines, and the collar wordmark.

When I think of traditional, I think Packers or Chiefs. When I think contemporary-classic, I think of the Eagles, since they follow the basic tried-and-true formula but with modern touches like asymmetrical pants stripes, custom fonts, and a custom color.

I'm not sure which group to put the Bucs in.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think you mean these beauties:

Minnesota+Vikings+v+Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+Bh25WE53EzBl.jpg

you linked the wrong image, the right one is below :P

matt-ryan-falcons_nc.jpg

abou the Colts getting a full stripe on the pants, i dont believe thats the case. Donald Brown was wearing a belt-less pant there as are most of the guys (as i've said before most players prefer them. if its a better product, you'll have to get over the aesthetic of it) here Tepper has a belt but i cant see the sides

temp2012_0812_STL_bowen_2730--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

then we've got Stanton with a belt, but the jersey covers the belt loop on the side i think. either way its not a big deal that part of the stripe gets cut off. (so much for that sign, eh Rams fan?)

temp2012_0812_STL_bowen_423--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Wasn't able to snap a picture in time. But in RG3's press conference the nike swoosh was cut out of his tshirt. I don't see nike being very happy about that but at the same time I understand it seeing Adidas is there poster child.

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Are the captain patches a thing of the past now?

According to John Oesher of the Jaguars' website, the captains aren't elected until there is a final team roster, which is between the last preseason game and the first regular-season game.

As far as the sales go, I'm not surprised that they're not too high. For most teams, it's just the same jersey in a different material with a jacked up price tag. There aren't going to be that many people that buy a jersey for $100 that's the same as the one they bough for $70 two years ago. And I bet there are still a decent amount of stores around that are selling Reebok jerseys at a discounted price. The only good estimates of how sales are doing would be in Seattle since they got new brand new uniforms, but they could always be an outlier. I wouldn't expect a price change unless sales are still stagnant a couple years down the road.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

matt-ryan-falcons_nc.jpg

You lie! :D

091009_wilson.jpg

It's all opinion of course but I think you'll hear crickets if you call roll on everyone who thinks Atlanta has the best look in the league.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

matt-ryan-falcons_nc.jpg

You lie! :D

091009_wilson.jpg

It's all opinion of course but I think you'll hear crickets if you call roll on everyone who thinks Atlanta has the best look in the league.

Not the best in the league but I really think atlantas set is underrated. Piping done right IMO. Nothing that I can complain about. And I used to really dig the white black white combo.

As for the best set in the league though??

(insert picture of Arian Foster here)

I honestly think you can make a case for the texans. A modern classic. Nothing I can complain about. Just a nice set from head to toe. Nice logo, nice helmet, nice uni design, nice number font, color scheme. Love it all :)

Does it bother anyone else that the stripes on the sleeves and socks are still not the same. The yellow stripe on the socks is a thicker than the yellow stripe on the jersey.

Not at all.

It's an easy fix, and something that should be fixed. It does bother me, because it's such a no brainer.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Nah. He's right. They are the best right now.

Its right up these, no question, although IMO its a few small color alterations on the helmet logo from being truly great.

If you count alts, the Falcons' throwback is the current best in the NFL, maybe the best in football. (IMHO, of course)

Would this helmet not make this uniform great! Such a small tweak

KCChiefs.png

Archived