NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

while i agree the columbia over navy is a bad look, i honestly think the white over columbia is one of the best looks in the league. especially in nonshimmer materials.

now i'm not saying the titans, as a whole, look great. i'm just saying that the new materials make the titans uniforms look better than they did under reebok. not comparing the titans to the rest of the football world. comparing the current titans uniforms to last year's titans uniforms.

my love of the white/white/columbia combo notwithstanding. (all it needs for perfection is a helmet stripe to match the white pants)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

while i agree the columbia over navy is a bad look, i honestly think the white over columbia is one of the best looks in the league. especially in nonshimmer materials.

now i'm not saying the titans, as a whole, look great. i'm just saying that the new materials make the titans uniforms look better than they did under reebok. not comparing the titans to the rest of the football world. comparing the current titans uniforms to last year's titans uniforms.

my love of the white/white/columbia combo notwithstanding. (all it needs for perfection is a helmet stripe to match the white pants)

As much as I despise the helmet stripe, I think it actually makes sense considering the shape of their logo, and how the flames are coming off the circle.

Much like how I don't think that the Seahawks and Cardinals should have stripes (because it would "impede" or "cage in" the bird), I think that the flames would "burn" away the stripe, or at the very least be too close to it to look good.

Now the simple solution would be to just scrap the flames and go with a round logo - I think that'd look great, and allow them to use a full-standard stripe.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

i'm actually trying to put together a concept for the titans right now that uses just the shield, and a way more greek inspired identity... i think white and columbia blue, with just enough navy to keep it bold and neatly outlined, could be absolutely perfect.

Players are making modifications to the uniforms/flywire. Note Kyle Williams (95) with a thinner white collar/toliet seat and less threads of flywire in his V-Neck compared to the other players.

tempCM2_2125--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

I do have to say that the more I watch games, the mesh and sweat panels aer terrible and completely ruin any decent aesthetic of the nike based nfl jersey. I have to imagine changes for next season will be likely.

Weird situation happening with the Falcons throwback. I remember seeing on their message boards one fan was displeased because they jacked up the wings on the retro bird. However, looking at an image on NFL Shop shows it to be the exact same error. Did they really release a ton of merch with misprinted logos? That's just bad if they all passed their QC that way.

CLICK HERE FOR NFL SHOP PAGE

photo3-3.jpg

Weird situation happening with the Falcons throwback. I remember seeing on their message boards one fan was displeased because they jacked up the wings on the retro bird. However, looking at an image on NFL Shop shows it to be the exact same error. Did they really release a ton of merch with misprinted logos? That's just bad if they all passed their QC that way.

CLICK HERE FOR NFL SHOP PAGE

photo3-3.jpg

That sort of looks like someone moved the bird without having the lines in the wings selected. I don't know why they'd be separate pieces, but that's a lesson learned in proper construction of vector artwork.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Players are making modifications to the uniforms/flywire. Note Kyle Williams (95) with a thinner white collar/toliet seat and less threads of flywire in his V-Neck compared to the other players.

I do have to say that the more I watch games, the mesh and sweat panels aer terrible and completely ruin any decent aesthetic of the nike based nfl jersey. I have to imagine changes for next season will be likely.

The one and only reason they'll change anything in 2013 would be to correct the integrity of the jersey construction (i.e. the ripping problem & Flywire integrity issue Lukas mentioned last week). The sweat panel is a feature, not a bug. It isn't going anywhere in 2013.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Maybe that's the original logo from 1966? Like it's probably how it was replicated on fabric at the time? I know the Raiders had various logo variations, so maybe the Falcons had one and nobody really realized it?

Nope. And this is one thing that makes any kind of error on throwbacks unforgivable: there are many easily accessible sources showing what the original uniforms looked like. From helmethut.com:

cogdillat1.JPG

Not a great view of the sleeve logos here but enough to see where the wing lines are...

4785962.jpg

...and it ain't even close:

photo3-3.jpg

And the sleeve logos in the old pic are white. Hmmm...

Wait, found this. They were black at some point:

vintagefalcons.gif

My hate for the Falcons is well documented, but their original bird was one of the coolest logos in the NFL. Can't stand the "drunken stumbler" they replaced it with.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Maybe that's the original logo from 1966? Like it's probably how it was replicated on fabric at the time? I know the Raiders had various logo variations, so maybe the Falcons had one and nobody really realized it?

Nope. And this is one thing that makes any kind of error on throwbacks unforgivable: there are many easily accessible sources showing what the original uniforms looked like. From helmethut.com:

Not a great view of the sleeve logos here but enough to see where the wing lines are...

4785962.jpg

vintagefalcons.gif

My hate for the Falcons is well documented, but their original bird was one of the coolest logos in the NFL. Can't stand the "drunken stumbler" they replaced it with.

The white sleeve logos on the black jerseys were used in 1967 only; in 1966 they did use the black logos on the black jersey like the lower photo. I never knew that until I started looking over that that Gridiron Uniform Database earlier this year; I had always thought that the bird sleeve logos were black on the black jerseys in both 1966 and 1967.

cogdillat1.JPG

4785962.jpg

photo3-3.jpg

vintagefalcons.gif

While researching the Falcons' uniform history (before the GUD), I did find that the white sleeve sleeve logos occurred during one season only, which was 1967.

I didn't realize that the lines in the falcon's wings weren't connected to the outline back then. It makes sense now that they are separate pieces of the artwork and I think it's plain as day that what happened is someone moved the logo without having those lines selected.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Yeah, seems like a pretty simple Illistrator error.

Do we know if this extended beyond the sample to actual production jerseys?

Well that one picture I posted is a shot a member of the Falcons Message Boards posted. IIRC, he said that's how it arrived in the mail, so it would appear so.

cogdillat1.JPG

4785962.jpg

photo3-3.jpg

vintagefalcons.gif

that looks like a misprint, the feather lines are way too high on the wing. set them lower and it should be fine.

True2OB.png

Archived