NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An NFL apparel manufacturer focusing its target demographic on fit guys seems like a losing proposition to me, especially in plus size America.

Which is a pretty pathetic comment on the state of America. "Many of our clients find pants confining."

I'll take Nike's actual shirts over Reebok's muumuus every day.

An NFL apparel manufacturer focusing its target demographic on fit guys seems like a losing proposition to me, especially in plus size America.

Which is a pretty pathetic comment on the state of America. "Many of our clients find pants confining."

Right or wrong, I'm just surprised Nike's leaving money on the table with its choice of fits.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The white pants have been scrapped this year it appears

BTW, am I the only one who notices that a lot of people spell the 49ers name "49'ers"? Why?

Because America as a whole doesn't seem to understand how apostrophe's are supposed to work. Or for that matter, simple grammar.

I'm going to lose my mind the next time I see something like this again:

"Wow - did you see there new jersey's?"

Pathetic.

BTW, am I the only one who notices that a lot of people spell the 49ers name "49'ers"? Why?

Because America as a whole doesn't seem to understand how apostrophe's are supposed to work.

Pathetic.

Wait. Was this intentional?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I just read something about RG3 getting in trouble with the league for covering up his Nike gear again as per his endorsement with Adidas. It's so ridiculous that his contract requires him to cover it up and it's ridiculous that the league has to reprimand him for that. Anyone with two functioning eyes can see that the league has a league-wide contract with Nike, so why can't Adidas and the NFL work something out that states that Griffin wearing league-mandated Nike gear does not constitute a breach of his endorsement contract?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Boo hoo, the QB got a rip on his jersey and a run in his panty hose.

Its not that he needs one, but that Nike doesn't want that to be seen on national television that there jerseys rip

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

If anything, it should be '49ers since the "49" refers to a year and that's how a year is abbreviated. For example, "the '72 Dolphins went undefeated" and so on.

I hate that team (49ers) but have to give them credit for having one of the coolest and most fitting nicknames in the league.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I just read something about RG3 getting in trouble with the league for covering up his Nike gear again as per his endorsement with Adidas. It's so ridiculous that his contract requires him to cover it up and it's ridiculous that the league has to reprimand him for that.

Until Griffin decides to take one of his magic markers to an actual game uniform, all his attempts to "stay loyal" are moot.

f0f944185a8a2e91fa9a1fa982bce53d.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

Because America as a whole doesn't seem to understand how apostrophe's are supposed to work.

Pathetic.

Wait. Was this intentional?

Yes it was.

:P

Seeing fans in the stands with both Nike and Reebok jerseys really cemented the point for me. The Nike ones look like crap. The material is just so un-jersey like (by what we're accustomed to think that a jersey should look like) and looks like a stiff t-shirt with numbers on it (and mesh side panels for some reason.) Also, while they do appear to fit much better for people in average-to-good shape, let's face it - there's a lot of big fat Fs wearing these things, and they cling to their big fat bellies.

Put the Nike numbers on a Reebok jersey and you have a winner. To people who are saying "but the shoulder material is thicker and stronger", "it's better made", etc., I ask "so what"? You're just wearing it like it's a shirt. You don't need it to withstand armed combat.

That was my worry when I first saw the new Nike cuts -- they are not appealing for big guys. It's just one more thing, really, that will give a boost to the second-hand market. If you're a 3XL guy, would you rather be shoved into the official Nike Seahawks jersey that gives you blisters in your love handles? Or would you be more comfortable in a looser-fitting counterfeit modeled after the Reebok cuts? An NFL apparel manufacturer focusing its target demographic on fit guys seems like a losing proposition to me, especially in plus size America.

Don't worry, the counterfeiters are doing just fine replicating the Nike models as well. Or they aren't, but based on what I saw on Sunday in Cincinnati, morons are still buying the new Nike counterfeits too.

I would have more sympathy for my larger brethren, but the fact is that these Nike replica jerseys are not that much slimmer than the Reebok alternatives. If anything, they are still too "big" IMO, especially in the sleeves. Nike should shrink those down, then provide a "big 'n tall" replica cut for those who prefer their uniforms with more room for girth.

As for materials, I for one am glad they moved away from the polymesh. First of all, the only football teams that still use mesh uniforms are small budget highschools that havent purchased new uniforms in the last 10 years. Secondly, the mesh was itchy, uncomfortable, and semi-transparent. I always had to wear a tshirt underneath the old replicas anyway, so these new ones eliminate the need for that.

Wait, you'd prefer not to wear a shirt under your jersey? No wonder it was itchy. Even if I had purchased a new Nike jersey, just the thought of wearing it without an undershirt wouldn't have even entered my mind.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Right or wrong, I'm just surprised Nike's leaving money on the table with its choice of fits.

The biggest size Nike chest measurement is 64 inches, while the top Reebok one was 66. Are they really leaving so much money on the table by not catering to the ample gentleman?

Those NY Titans unis go against most of my uniform sensibilities.

And yet, I can't hate them. In fact, I like them. If the Saints used THAT shade of gold, I'd be so happy and I'm sure BlueSky would agree.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The Titans uniforms look fantastic, and I don't have a problem with the Jets breaking them out for anniversary seasons. They just don't complement or play off of the primary set at all, which makes them a poor full time alternate.

The Titans uniforms look fantastic, and I don't have a problem with the Jets breaking them out for anniversary seasons. They just don't complement or play off of the primary set at all, which makes them a poor full time alternate.

That I couldn't agree more, It's nice to see once and a while but not every season. The Jets really need throwbacks to the 80's/mid 90's uniforms ( it's been that long) .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

The biggest size Nike chest measurement is 64 inches, while the top Reebok one was 66. Are they really leaving so much money on the table by not catering to the ample gentleman?

They taper differently though. Measure the belly.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I noticed Sunday that the Panthers' shoulder stripes vairied on different players. On most lineman, the stripes were cut off and looked LSU style. On Cam Newton, the stripes extended all the way and were warped, almost looking like enlarged USC/Texans stripes. The lineman-style looks better, but the inconsistency bothered me the whole game.

The Jets throwing back to these is loooong overdue. Not sure why they're hanging onto the Titans identity so hard. That part of their history was practically left for dead in the 60s.

freeman-mcneil-new-york-jets-action-autographed-photograph-3392469.jpg

Jets should make those the regular and the Bill Baird(Namath) version as throwbacks. Baird was my high school teacher, I was his all time favorite student, even gave me money for graduation. I also subbed for him after I finished college. He taught drivers ed and sex ed.

Archived