2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HEY DONTCOMPALIN GUYZ WE'RE STILL A TOP TEAM IN THE WESTRNE CONERFENCE

derf

So, you stomped your feet about the Bears hypothetically hiring Ruskell as GM, assuring us it would happen, and saying he was so terrible. Then they hired a different guy, and you insulted the supposed "meatballs" who would potentially get upset about the Bears not firing Ruskell (which they did two days later). It seems to me that more than just pissing your pants and predicting doomsday for your favorite teams, you like to be the snarky "in the middle" guy who will take the contrarian side of everything to give you more people to insult. Basically, you are Boers and Bernstein without the smarm and subtle racism.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Jets with the season sweep against Philly.

Glad they won't be making the playoffs.

You never know. The Jets could claim the third seed by winning the Southeast Division or sneak into the playoffs as a sixth, seventh, or eighth seed. From there, anything is possible.

I looked high and low for an NHL Merry go round thread, which I could have sworn we had, but anyways... the Isles are going to be playing a pre-season game at the Barclay's Center next season. Do you guys think there's a possibility of a move to Brooklyn? From what I heard, the Barclay's Center is pretty basketball-exclusive, so I don't know if it would work logistically. This also got me thinking, why didn't Wang look into the prospect of making it multi-sport so that the Isles could have moved in? Maybe he did, I don't know. I know he wants to stay out in Nassau, but still.

sig.png

I looked high and low for an NHL Merry go round thread, which I could have sworn we had, but anyways... the Isles are going to be playing a pre-season game at the Barclay's Center next season. Do you guys think there's a possibility of a move to Brooklyn? From what I heard, the Barclay's Center is pretty basketball-exclusive, so I don't know if it would work logistically. This also got me thinking, why didn't Wang look into the prospect of making it multi-sport so that the Isles could have moved in? Maybe he did, I don't know. I know he wants to stay out in Nassau, but still.

That thread would be here

Also Charles Wang has one of the most apt surnames in sports

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Maybe if you guys had preferred NHL hockey to high school hockey, the North Stars would've become a force in this league and they wouldn't have had to be replaced with the Vanilla Trap Machine.

The only reason the North Stars left was because of ownership. It had nothing to do with the fans. <_<

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Maybe if you guys had preferred NHL hockey to high school hockey, the North Stars would've become a force in this league and they wouldn't have had to be replaced with the Vanilla Trap Machine.

The only reason the North Stars left was because of ownership. It had nothing to do with the fans. <_<

The vast swaths of empty seats at the Met season upon season say otherwise. That team was the Phoenix Coyotes of its day; it only survived the '70s because the Barons folded and merged into them.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Much like yesterday, the home team is wearing white in the Leafs-Pens home-and-home.

An =d on a side note, the refs have been horrible this "series", both ways.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The only reason the North Stars left was because of ownership. It had nothing to do with the fans. glare.gif

The vast swaths of empty seats at the Met season upon season say otherwise. That team was the Phoenix Coyotes of its day; it only survived the '70s because the Barons folded and merged into them.

Now that's not entirely fair; there's no Phoenix Coyotes of any other day but today. But from doing the reading, it does seem like the North Stars were kind of taken for granted while people paid the most attention to high school hockey, and I've made my feelings on high school sports known.

Ownership was terrible, though, and if ever there were a case where a league should move mountains to block a relocation, hockey in Minnesota would have to be it (especially because then you could've saved Dallas for expansion). If the Dallas Stars had existed exactly as they existed but in the TCs, they'd be a force on par with the Red Wings, and probably the #1 team in town. I'm glad Minnesota doesn't take the NHL for granted anymore; I'm not glad that what it is they're treasuring is a trap-happy star-unstudded triple-mismatched ladle of slop called "the Wild."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Except for an improper use of "you're". That's pretty frustrating too.

Only on CCSLC.

"Your" and "you're" is the only mix-up I ever make, and it's usually a mindless mistake. Thanks for noticing.

Since I've been called upon, it is my honor to bestow upon maz the official Grammar Police badge of the internet:

GrammarPolice.jpg

It is your duty to uphold the highest levels of the English language conveyed across the internet, especially by enforcing proper usage and spelling!

However, remember, as an Officer of Grammar, never abuse your power!

This is all hypothetical ofcourse, but let's say sometime in the near, or distant future, the Dallas Stars relocate and change their nickname. Does anyone think there would be a massive fan uprising to return the North Stars name to Minnesota? They could still use elements of the Wild package, such as the logo- which is excellent- as a shoulder patch or alternate. I just have never been a fan of the nickname and can't imagine there are too many fans that are in love with it.

sig.png

Archived