Logos/uniforms you would bring back

kajeet

Ok, it's similar to the actual but, this...

display_image.jpgjohnson.jpg

shaquille-oneal-lakers-retire-jersey.jpg

P.s. Rodman in the wrong uniform! ;)

I could go for these with the current numbers. The numbers on these always looked clunky and awkward to me.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% agreed, they should bring those back. Their current uniforms look so clownish with the extra-wide side panels - that fad is done.

And not only is Rodman in the wrong uniform in that pic, he looks like he's not even sure he's in the right game.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Dayyumm, I thought Pronger was wearing extra padding for shot blocks, but then I realized it was just a crazy tongue flop.

The Blues EDGE jerseys were and still are one of the weakest sets in the league. Can't believe they went from this ^^^ to that Reebok crap. The alternates they have now are a step in the right direction, but it's still a downgrade.

Replace those wordmarks with the current updated wordmarks, and we have a winner. I always liked those alot more than the current stuck-in-2000 sets, a much more timeless look. Even besides that, the purple numbers-white drop shadow goes against the gold MUCH better than white numbers-purple outline does. Nothing "cheap" about them save the wordmarks, which as I alluded at the top, is a very easy fix.

If the Lakers should insist on keeping the currents, though, I'd at least like to see the home numbers changed to purple-white outline.

Yes!! Exactly! Why Celtics, Bulls or Spurs don't like datated? The template is the same, so...bring back this uniform!!

arenas_wizards.jpg

SO much better than the Wizards' current uniforms.

No. Jerseys should always match the shorts

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

maple-leafs-grabovski.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

arenas_wizards.jpg

SO much better than the Wizards' current uniforms.

No. Jerseys should always match the shorts

I don't think those uni's were quite as bad as most people made them out to be (I'm also biased because Gil and the Wiz were kickin ass and taking names that year... siiiggh). As far as mismatching jersey and shorts go I'd say that's about as good of a look as you can get. Also, I always liked that word mark better than the one's on the regular home and away's at the time.

But yeah all that being said there's no way those are better than the current Wiz uni's.

90758391980.gif

On 7/6/2012 at 0:44 PM, Raysfan12 said:

I wished Navy and Army would use these full time :grin:

I would definitely agree on Navy, with the exception of the black drop shadow, which is barley noticeable on the blue. I know there is a lot of tradition at Army and Navy, but the days of them being truly relevant somewhat over and they are probably most watched vs. Notre Dame and Army, so the helmet would at least not look like their opponent's in those games. Plus the anchor helmet is great. It's nice to see a "special" helmet that is not gaudy.

For Army, I don't like the stencil font and don't see much upgrade there.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Forgot to post these

Wish the Mariners would bring back this cap as an alternate and Make the teal billed the primary home and the all navy the road cap

KJ-MARINERS-REVISION.002.jpg

And I would bring back this gorgeous A's Jersey From the The early 80's either as another Alternate or as the primary home

81348939-rickey-henderson-of-the-oakland-athletics-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QW7GZfHb2rB4XzSh6%2b28XchZBlP2BozJGEs8Rzi5cguCwQqGyqKJb5oBpGyeas65mO1x898iWMBv%2fYwBJ9lDCr8%3d

better view

4123A_lg.jpeg

and I would go back to these for the reds

tumblr_m43sy4DOr31r9hrxoo1_500.jpg

larkin-gant.jpg

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Some College Football Uniforms:

Pitt-Pro-Combat-Uniforms31.jpg

If Pitt wants to modernize their set, the PC uniform two years ago should be the template. All they need is to eliminate the black and remove the gradient on the number.

Oldhome.jpg

To me, UA ruined the Hawaii set and I wanted to see the return the Colt Brennan era Hawaii unis.

a20792a12bb5acfc69ab50_m.png

Of course, this helmet defines Hawaii.

w7pdi47enn1sjjy9b1gpv1kaw.gif

Finally, The Rays should use this cap logo as a template and replace the gradient with current team colors.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Some College Football Uniforms:

Pitt-Pro-Combat-Uniforms31.jpg

If Pitt wants to modernize their set, the PC uniform two years ago should be the template. All they need is to eliminate the black and remove the gradient on the number.

I agree, but I'd also make the font a solid block. I don't like the cutout. However, I love the wordmark on the helmet. That was a great uniform.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

99.9% of the time I agree, but the unmatched shorts just work there.... although, it'd look just as good with the gold and black reversed on the shorts.

This was one of my contributions to Unpopular Opinions. Not sure I'd want to see it replace what they have now, but maybe if they kept it as an alternate.

Archived