Logos/uniforms you would bring back

kajeet

Just use the new script with this logo and I'll be happy. And I'm not even a Bucco fan.

2309.gif

Keep that script, it's way better.

As a Bucs fan, I was never impressed with that logo. The Pirate was lifted from the 1940s, and the mustache seemed a little odd. The diamond background was being used already by the Orioles at least, and seemed boring. The best part of this logo was the scroll or treasure map pattern on the graphics. Honestly, I prefer the 1968-86 logo.

The 1997-present logo is better than a number of teams, like the Rays and Astros. I do like the fact the iconic "P" logo has been used more prominently in recent years, starting with the alternate black jersey. Most Pirate fans will tell you that's the real identifier since it belongs on the hat.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The matching late-1930s "Pirates" script was nice as well. I'd love to see them wear it as a throwback.

221120465_89a4fc529e.jpg

I'll never understand why teams like Boston and Atlanta water down their set with unnecessary and frankly poor-looking coloured alts instead of sporting throwbacks (Atlanta's halfway there, at least).

Pirates have worn these uniforms as a throwback before, I believe it was in 1992. This set was worn with the blue hat and red "P".

A more updated or modern version of this:

pitt-2-lg.jpg

ds2_0121a-lg.jpg

pittsburgh%20panthers%201993.jpg

Couldn't agree more with this view, the current logo is bland. The 1973-96 script logo is associated with outstanding teams, even though there was a decline from 1984-96. So many great college players and eventual NFL Pro Bowlers wore this uniform. In fact, six Panthers who wore this helmet are in Canton, and that number ranks with the University of Miami's eventual Canton output. The 1976 National Championship club was memorable, as they routed Notre Dame(at South Bend), Penn State, and handed Georgia one of the biggest losses an SEC Champ has ever suffered in a bowl game.

Just use the new script with this logo and I'll be happy. And I'm not even a Bucco fan.

2309.gif

Keep that script, it's way better.

As a Bucs fan, I was never impressed with that logo. The Pirate was lifted from the 1940s, and the mustache seemed a little odd. The diamond background was being used already by the Orioles at least, and seemed boring. The best part of this logo was the scroll or treasure map pattern on the graphics. Honestly, I prefer the 1968-86 logo.

The 1997-present logo is better than a number of teams, like the Rays and Astros. I do like the fact the iconic "P" logo has been used more prominently in recent years, starting with the alternate black jersey. Most Pirate fans will tell you that's the real identifier since it belongs on the hat.

This conversation prompted me to look up old logos on the main site. This is the Pirates logo I grew up with, but looks more like a guy named Chet at a Jimmy Buffet concert than anything I should necessarily be scared of:

7xkp9hnp9jq11e1zia4tdcqjh.gif

I also learned about this guy:

1276.gif

Why haven't I seen more of him?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Check the left side, third one down. That's the maritime signal flag designated for C.

ICS-flags.png

How the hell did you figure that one out?

That's pretty cool.

I'm interested in signal flags and things of that ilk. I always thought it would be cool to use the L and A signal flags as the basis for a uniform, or to use the N and Y or the L and I flags for the Islanders.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It's sad that this could never happen again, but I really enjoyed Darryl Talley's Spider-Man look:

291295.jpg

That whole set looks pretty amazing. I'd love to see that be the throwback look now, considering how close the new set is to the AFL uniforms.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If and when the Eagles get a new look....I hope we Modernize the Full Eagle logo, and translate the Vermeil era Unis to the modern template....maybe instead of as sleeves making the striping on the shoulder like Michigan did last year.

961.gif

031111montgomery_214x320.jpgwilbertmontgomery_display_image.jpg

Stripes, stripes, and more stripes.

(That set is one of my guilty uniform pleasures, though.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived