Logos/uniforms you would bring back

kajeet

and why stop at logos I wish they would have never left this place for the hideous dump they play in now

astrod60.jpg

Thanks a lot HOK for giving us all these wannabe Camden Yards. The retro crazy should have stopped at PNC. I'll admit PNC is a beautiful place but I'll take a cookie cutter or dome any day over a Citizens Bank or Minute Maid.

IMO:

Astrodome > Minute Maid

Busch Memorial > New Busch

Veterans > Citizens Bank

no_dude__dude__no__by_bakyumorion-d3a69ql.png

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A more updated or modern version of this:

pitt-2-lg.jpg

ds2_0121a-lg.jpg

pittsburgh%20panthers%201993.jpg

You know...I've never understood the allure of these.

*unpopular opinion imminent*

Okay sure, Pitt had some great years in the 70s, and like everything else about Pittsburgh sports I'm guessing that's where most of the nostalgia about these is seeded. That said, what Pitt has now ain't all that different from these. Save for the navy and Vegas (which I see as a better combo than the above, anyway), at last check, the current pants carry the same style of stripe. The jerseys have the block numbers, albeit in slightly different style?but there's NO way those stripes are fitting on jersey cuts of today, unless they get super-sifnificantly pared down. And none of you are going to convince me that that script "Pitt"?which looks just about as stuck in the '70s as the rest of that uniform does given the colors and all?looks better than the current block-lettered "PITT" they use now. (If they haven't done so yet, they can drop that dropshadow, though.)

So in a way, what Pitt has now pretty much is a modern version of that. Part of me think that people just like to argue for the sets pictured above just because its been done for so long its become a running meme of sorts or something.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'd rather have that color scheme than the navy and Vegas gold. If navy and Vegas gold werent used by nearly 967 other teams, I'd probably feel different about it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Years back I wanted Pitt to return to the script wordmark on the helmet, but then it occured to me how dated I thought Florida's helmet looked with script. It made me realize I was being overly nostalgic about the design. I've grown to like the bolder PITT wordmark, but echo others who would like to see the dropshadow dropped. Vegas gold and navy blue is a bold combo fitting for Pitt, IMO.

I'd rather have that color scheme than the navy and Vegas gold. If navy and Vegas gold werent used by nearly 967 other teams, I'd probably feel different about it.

I agree.

But more importantly (and someone correct me if I am wrong), in order to make the change, either a;. the Pitt teams had to ignore school colors or B. school colors were changed. Either way I don't like that. I've long given up on adding black, etc., but I'd like the actual school colors to be somewhat sacred. I am glad USC did not change to teal because it was trendy in the 1990s.

The discussion of preferred colors, old Pitt vs. new Pitt, would be interesting for a pro team, but for college, they lose me by changing their school colors.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

A more updated or modern version of this:

pitt-2-lg.jpg

ds2_0121a-lg.jpg

pittsburgh%20panthers%201993.jpg

You know...I've never understood the allure of these.

*unpopular opinion imminent*

Okay sure, Pitt had some great years in the 70s, and like everything else about Pittsburgh sports I'm guessing that's where most of the nostalgia about these is seeded. That said, what Pitt has now ain't all that different from these. Save for the navy and Vegas (which I see as a better combo than the above, anyway), at last check, the current pants carry the same style of stripe. The jerseys have the block numbers, albeit in slightly different style?but there's NO way those stripes are fitting on jersey cuts of today, unless they get super-sifnificantly pared down. And none of you are going to convince me that that script "Pitt"?which looks just about as stuck in the '70s as the rest of that uniform does given the colors and all?looks better than the current block-lettered "PITT" they use now. (If they haven't done so yet, they can drop that dropshadow, though.)

So in a way, what Pitt has now pretty much is a modern version of that. Part of me think that people just like to argue for the sets pictured above just because its been done for so long its become a running meme of sorts or something.

Agreed with 95% of this. I think Pitt should either bring back the script, or bring back the old colors... just not both.

Those top two photos prove that the stripes CAN be done on modern uniforms. Take a look at those Revo helmets.

Yeah but also look how loose those sleeve are the only player you will see without super tight Sleeves is the occasional qb

Arched italic makes me sort of dizzy, and the player name doesn't have the decency to match it and also make me dizzy. What a pile of crap. The Mavericks are just fine looking modern, as they were a virtual non-entity until internet genius Mark Cuban came along.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Canucks10.png

For at least 1 game. They are so ugly, they are awesome!...and I'm proud to say that I own the yellow one.

For one game these would be AMAZING!

Yes! Though it must be the yellow iteration

I agree with you guys. As well, I wish the NHL did more one-off jersey nights, kind of like how baseball does it.

Archived