Logos/uniforms you would bring back

kajeet

I would bring back the entire identity and modify it with current colors for the Memphis Grizzlies.

tumblr_m84a371yre1qmshl1o1_1280.jpg

If they can modify that identity to match the current colors, it would be very unique.

I'd just bring back Big Country.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would bring back the entire identity and modify it with current colors for the Memphis Grizzlies.

oeyyovrduoegcwo9fu76hewpn.gif

vancouver-grizzlies-mike-bibby-soul-swingman-jersey.jpg

If they can modify that identity to match the current colors, it would be very unique.

If the NBA should go back to expansion in a few years, I would like to see Vancouver get their team back and get the nickname "Grizzlies" as well. Return to their original teal blue, red, tan, and black as their colors. Those were neat jerseys. In fact they are probably ranked in my top three NBA jerseys of all time. If they do that, I think Memphis should get a new nickname. Maybe the Pros (their ABA nickname back in the 70s) or the Hound Dogs (makes sense because of its cities ties with Elvis).

Those jerseys were so horrifically '90s. They have teal and red (not a good combo), AND black and brown, which absolutely don't go together. However, hot damn, there's just something about them. It works. I might hate them if they were worn regularly today, but at least in retrospect, they look good.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I know I always rail against the overuse of black in the NHL, but this was literally one of my favorite NHL looks of all time. Canuck fans may disagree but I loved this look, and if I win the Powerball, move to Canada (to avoid taxation of course!), and for some reason become owner of the Canucks, this is what you'd be going back to...

48991-bigthumbnail.jpg

oeyyovrduoegcwo9fu76hewpn.gif

vancouver-grizzlies-mike-bibby-soul-swingman-jersey.jpg

If the NBA should go back to expansion in a few years, I would like to see Vancouver get their team back and get the nickname "Grizzlies" as well. Return to their original teal blue, red, tan, and black as their colors. Those were neat jerseys. In fact they are probably ranked in my top three NBA jerseys of all time. If they do that, I think Memphis should get a new nickname. Maybe the Pros (their ABA nickname back in the 70s) or the Hound Dogs (makes sense because of its cities ties with Elvis).

I think if they dropped the copper/bronze/whatever, teal black and red looks fantastic.

I know I always rail against the overuse of black in the NHL, but this was literally one of my favorite NHL looks of all time. Canuck fans may disagree but I loved this look, and if I win the Powerball, move to Canada (to avoid taxation of course!), and for some reason become owner of the Canucks, this is what you'd be going back to...

48991-bigthumbnail.jpg

You would be very, very unpopular. The Orca may be loathed, but the blue and green are beloved.

I find those to be very overrated. While I'm not in love with the current colors they utilize I think the current wing logo on the helmet and the overall uniform design trumps anything from the past. Maybe if they could take the old colors and infuse them into the new design it could work nicely. I'm sure that at some point in the near future they will decide to bring back the old look but some how figure out a way to totally 'F' it up like the Chargers, Bills, and Vikings did with their newest retro looks.

I find those to be very overrated. While I'm not in love with the current colors they utilize I think the current wing logo on the helmet and the overall uniform design trumps anything from the past. Maybe if they could take the old colors and infuse them into the new design it could work nicely. I'm sure that at some point in the near future they will decide to bring back the old look but some how figure out a way to totally 'F' it up like the Chargers, Bills, and Vikings did with their newest retro looks.

If they just replaced the midnight green with kelly green, they would be one of the best looking teams in the league.

The midnight green looks good and stands out.

Stands out? In what way? Its dark, dull, and boring, part of the late 90's trend toward darkening every color scheme, that turned every royal blue team into a navy blue team, and made half the NHL get black sweaters. I'm sick of it. I want some color.

You want to stand out? Go back to a bright kelly. It's CRIMINALLY underused in today's sports world. We have the Boston Celtics, the Vancouver Canucks, and... what? That's it.

You tell me honestly... which of these uniforms stands out?

Michael_Vick-420x0.jpgp-449482-michael-vick-philadelphia-eagles-throwback-action-8x10-photo-cotg-8nfl-11910-40.jpg

The midnight green looks good and stands out.

Stands out? In what way? Its dark, dull, and boring, part of the late 90's trend toward darkening every color scheme, that turned every royal blue team into a navy blue team, and made half the NHL get black sweaters. I'm sick of it. I want some color.

You want to stand out? Go back to a bright kelly. It's CRIMINALLY underused in today's sports world. We have the Boston Celtics, the Vancouver Canucks, and... what? That's it.

You tell me honestly... which of these uniforms stands out?

Michael_Vick-420x0.jpgp-449482-michael-vick-philadelphia-eagles-throwback-action-8x10-photo-cotg-8nfl-11910-40.jpg

The same concept applies here...

temp153682848_10--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=620&height=465gal-jets-4-jpg.jpg

It stands out in that it's significantly different from any other shade of green being used in the NFL, and it's a unique and good-looking color that they own. I think people would appreciate it more if the uniforms weren't bogged down with so much black and charcoal trim.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It stands out in that it's significantly different from any other shade of green being used in the NFL, and it's a unique and good-looking color that they own. I think people would appreciate it more if the uniforms weren't bogged down with so much black and charcoal trim.

The jets use the exact same green

Not quite. The Eagles' green is a little brighter.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Not quite. The Eagles' green is a little brighter.

That isn't "significantly different" at all

I don't think that's true.The Eagles green seems to have a little blue in it - almost like it's a super dark aqua or teal. CWx can confirm though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Pantones on ColorWerx are definitely different.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived