Logos/uniforms you would bring back

kajeet

Always loved the Rush jerseys , the black one they have now is alright but I loved the barbed wire design from the first few seasons .

$(KGrHqF,!hMFEE6+59jdBRKVhCUcDQ~~60_35.JPG Also Most Oilers fans have been wanting them to bring back these jerseys for a while now , admittedly getting tired of the retro colors .EDM2.png

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It stands out in that it's significantly different from any other shade of green being used in the NFL, and it's a unique and good-looking color that they own. I think people would appreciate it more if the uniforms weren't bogged down with so much black and charcoal trim.

That's an awfully big hypothetical.

The midnight green is awful in no small part because it's paired with other dark, dreary colors.

It's possible that they could salvage the color by contrasting it with brighter shades, maybe white and bright silver. But as it stands, the green is one of the major problems with the set.

It stands out in that it's significantly different from any other shade of green being used in the NFL, and it's a unique and good-looking color that they own. I think people would appreciate it more if the uniforms weren't bogged down with so much black and charcoal trim.

The jets use the exact same green

No they don't. The Jets use the same green as the Packers. The Eagles' is darker and almost teal.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The midnight green is awful in no small part because it's paired with other dark, dreary colors.

It's possible that they could salvage the color by contrasting it with brighter shades, maybe white and bright silver. But as it stands, the green is one of the major problems with the set.

which almost seems to further illustrate my point that the design is more than fine but its the shade of green that is the main issue with their current identity IMO

which almost seems to further illustrate my point that the design is more than fine but its the shade of green that is the main issue with their current identity IMO

We were talking about how bad their colors are, but I never meant to imply that the colors were the only problems with the Eagles' uniforms.

The number font is hideous.

image.jpg

Fix that, and the colors, and they'll get to "more than fine."

We were talking about how bad their colors are, but I never meant to imply that the colors were the only problems with the Eagles' uniforms.

image.jpg

Agreed. The main things (IMO) that they got right with this look are the helmet wings and the sleeve logo. Everything else was a step back, and when that horrible charcoal gray got tossed in, the whole thing went right in the crapper.

Put those wings and that logo on a uniform that is kelly green and silver (and maybe just a little black trim... maybe), and you'd really have something. And when in doubt, classic block numbers always work.

Can't agree that the midnight green is the problem. The problem is the use of the colors. The green and black shouldn't touch, use the silver, not charcoal, and have that separate the green and black, where they would touch.

Edit: Or they could switch back to kelly green if they'd like. Those were great, too.

One shade darker than kelly green (whatever that would be -- let's say Hex #005420?) + silver would be a fantastic combination for the Eagles.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

image.jpg

I guess we feel completely differently about the numbers. I think it works just fine and if the green was lightened they wouldn't stand out as much. The contrast of the white against the dark midnight green washes out the much needed grey and black in the numbers. Same thing happens in reverse on the white jerseys.

• 2 weeks later...

nfl_g_kelly2_260.jpgJohn+Elway.jpg

Williams_Aeneas_180.jpg91Cris%20Carter4.jpg

Green Bay Packers: 9x Pre-Super Bowl Era NFL Champions, 4x Super Bowl Champions, 3x NFC Champions

Indianapolis Colts: 2x Pre-Super Bowl Era NFL Champions, 2x Super Bowl Champions, 3x AFC Champions

Michigan Wolverines football: 11x National Champions, 8x Rose Bowl Champions, 3x Citrus/Capital One Bowl Champions

Detroit Tigers: 4x World Series Champions, 11x AL Pennant Winners

Detroit Pistons: 3x NBA Champions, 5x Eastern Conference Champions

image.jpg

I actually like the dark green color, and the font is good (not spectacular). They just need to scrap to black outline and bring back their silver color. The midnight green/silver (with no black) would be a thing of beauty!!

Archived