Logos/uniforms you would bring back

kajeet

As a Syracuse hoops fan, I really miss these jerseys:

1987-Syracuse-5.jpg?1358061915271024.jpg

And this one:

12440338-standard.jpg9996001-large.jpg

And finally this one:

10590726-large.jpg

The first two photos are one of the best Syracuse jerseys ever. They wore them throughout the 1980s into the mid 90s. The cursive "Syracuse" and the Champion numerals and NOB fonts are truly classic. It's too bad Champion apparel will never get back to making college hoops apparel, especially the way it was back then. (You can thank Nike, Adidas, etc. for that). The second two photos were obviously from the 2003 national championship team. Although not as great as the 1980s Champion jerseys, those were still awesome to look at. The numerals and the NOB fonts are quite unique, but I like them. (Hey they can be a little radical can they?). Finally, the last photo shows the rare alternate navy jerseys Syracuse wore back in 2008. They also wore alt blues in a game against Kentucky back in 1988 (with the Champion jerseys). Unfortunately, they lost both times wearing those alts, so it appears Boeheim will not let them wear them ever again (or at least until 2028 when they only wear them once every 20 years). Still I love them, and although I do like the Nike orange jerseys they have today, I wish Boeheim have a change of heart and wear the alt navies at least once or twice this season.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both of these

quickretroawesome.jpg

I used to hate those Kings unis--but they look better than anything the Kingshave come up with since.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

oxahxcheae4mgu4wopqj9ydhy.gif

Somebody had to say it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

n8ZGfL6.png

TIVBT6G.png

One Stanley Cup doesn't force teams into being stuck forever with inferior logos.

I don't think Lights Out would've posted that if he thought the logos were inferior.

I've warmed up to the new logos, but they're still a.) Flawed b.) Unnecessary (who go away from a modern classic?) and c.) OK for Texas, bad for Dallas (46 friggin' years of gold and you get rid of it?)

Also, in that bottom picture, the Avalanche are visible. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. I know those jerseys get criticism for the lack of contrast between the black and green, but all you need is to lighten the shade of green (preferably to kelly green), and you've got a fantastic-looking set.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Looking back at the now old Stars logo, it's really pretty average. And whoever first pointed out that the star in the logo doesn't match up with the star design on the jersey ruined that look for me. It's just one of those things that you can't unsee.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived